I just want to give up.

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has been great and I thank you all. Thanks for all the friend requests and the support. Today I worked really hard. I read everything everyone had said. I got up early at 5am and out the door running at 5:30. I also made my hubby take me and my doggie for 1/2 walk. It is great that I actually have over 500 calories not used up. I hope that feeling this good will go into tomorrow. I can't explain how each and everyone of you have helped me out. So thanks everyone. You have helped at ton.

You got it now girl! You know how good that felt so keep at it! Go, go, go you got this!
  • anksgirl
    Options
    You just have to find something you love for exercise I still fall off the wagon on eating but my friend got my daughter an xbox 360 kinect and dance central and I found that I love dancing. I suck at it but I play it for hours at a time plus it gives me something to do with my 7 year old. Its fun and a game and I love games so it helps. I don't know how to tell you how to get motivation. I am a single mother of two kids 32 years old and my sons almost a year and I have only lost 16lbs of what I wanted to lose before I got pregnant. But all of it I have pretty much lost on the xbox games. All I can say is don't give up just find something you love to do as an excercise. It helps. I got to work on the eating part since I work at burger king lol.
  • Lshaw729
    Lshaw729 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The great thing about failure is that it is only temporary and we can learn from it. I have lost a fair amount of weight because I had to train my mind with a vision quest! My phone computer and Facebook reflect that quest for me it is Arnold he is my God! lol I programmed my calendar to have a message come across in the morning as I get up. Focus on today! Yesterday is gone look ahead!! Just something that helps me so good luck!
  • wandajopost
    Options
    I know the feeling but you just have to look inward and decide what you want. I lost 35 pounds and kept it off for 15 years. Then the big 5 0! And many life stressors (moving, loss of parent, financial worries, illness) and I started using food for comfort. All the management tools I used for years went out the window and I can't seem to get it back. Gained back most of that weight in four years after keeping it off for 15. And I am a fitness instructor! Can't imagine how much I would have gained had I not been exercising. I started MFP four weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs. Of course I want it to be faster. Seems like you work hard at it and it is a slow process. And that can make you want to give up. But I know that slow and steady will win this race. I can no longer exercise as I used to due to illness so have had to scale back to biking and walking moderately instead of the high intensity classes I used to teach. If I think about eating when it isn't necessary I try to go for a walk or go to bed. It definitely takes effort but you can do it!
  • pelitwin
    pelitwin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A few more points after reading your post:
    1. Going from 160 to 114 is not realistic. You need smaller goals. Perhaps 140 or 130.
    2. If you haven't already, you need an exercise plan and need to stick to it. Did you do the 25K?
    3. You can't eat anything anymore. We all could do that at some point in life, but you just have to admit that those days are over.
    4. Find a way to have small treats that don't break your diary. Two squares of dark chocolate. A baked peach with 1/4 tsp sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on it, a small serving of nuts, etc.

You *can* do it.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on and off MFP for over a year now. I have logged in everyday for almost 70 days. I have for the most part tracked my foods for the last 2 weeks. But I just can't do this. I don't know how people are losing weight. I don't know how to motivate myself to eat healthy or exercise. I use to be 114lbs and was able to eat what ever I wanted to 2 1/2 years ago. Now I am climbing to 160. I have a Mexico trip coming up in 64 days and I turn 40 in 4 months. I want to get skinny again. I need some help. I love reading things from all my friends on here so more friends the better. But any suggestions to help me get out of this funk?

Hey you..

Alot of the other posts are correct.. those I read are on point! This is not going to happen over night.. but before we get to the "tips" to help you lose weight, you have to focus on the mental part... whats keeping you from doing this?? I suggest you start with identifying some reasons why you want to get fit and live a healthy lifestyle. Once you have your purpose, you can map out a plan. This will take time and it requires drive. To give up is to give up on YOUSELF... id like to think, you are worth way more than that. Give yourself a chance.

Add me as a friend if you decide to stick around. I log on everyday and I work out everyday for at least 30 minutes.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    We all go through it. ALL of us. Its hard, but as it becomes habit, I promise it gets easier. Don't give up.

Since you have a vacation coming up, it helps motivate people a lot of times to give themselves a REASONABLE goal to work towards by that date. I say reasonable, because I often have given myself unreasonable goals, and then feel like a failure when I don't meet expectation. Make your goal to exercise on specific days. Or to lose just 1 pound per week.

You can do this. I know you can. Don't give up. You'll get there.
  • JES48
    Options
    You can do it! Be diligent in entering correctly the foods you eat, Stick to the calorie goal per day, and exercise even for 10-15 minutes per or every other day. You can do it! It will work!!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    This is a very difficult lifestyle change...hang in there, it is hard for me too.
  • hock1972
    Options
    You can do this. All of out here think you can.

Whenever you feel like giving up, and we have all beeen there, that is when you really need to dig in. You'll never know what you are giivng up. It will be great when you start reaching your goals.

I also agree with baby steps. When it seems like the mountain is to great to run up in a hurry.... slow down and take baby steps. It will take longer, but you will get there and be very satisfied that you took the time to do so. Good luck. You can and will do this!
  • jsayers2
    Options
    I don't know what to say as I have just started on this site recently. However, in my short time on here one thing I have learned is to never give up. Even if you have a bad day, go back at it the next day. Keep your chin up and keep going. Never give up.
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I fell off the horse in the spring...gained a little less than half of my weight back but fhen caught myself when I looked at my weight ticker...not willing to give that up....got back in the game and my motivation is soaring!!! Never lose sight of what you can do!:flowerforyou:
  • celica12
    Options
    just stick to it!! try eating gluten free. a lot of people have intolerance and dont know it and it will hold up your weight loss. just remember today your are closer than yesterday.
  • Memma526
    Options
    You CAN do this, however, it WILL take commitment on your part. How badly do you want this? As Erica commented earlier, this is not a DIET, but a journey on making better choices for life. Together with a nutritional plan and exercise you will accomplish your goal.
  • dycheelizabeth
    Options
    Getting healthy is hard. Probably the hardest thing you will ever do because when it comes down to it...you are the only one who can do it. There are a lot of people on here willing to support you and motivate you but you have to start with being honest with yourself. There is a reason why you arnt reaching your goals. It could be that you are omitting food from your diary, arnt sticking to your workouts, or if those arnt the case it could be a medical issue. If you truly are sticking to the calorie plan and working out 3-4 days a week I would recommend seeing a doctor. But please, please, please...dont give up!!!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as you can't do it. Your only telling yourself you can't. You could if you really wanted to. The only way to do it is just do it. In the process you are retraining your body. The longer you do it the more you will get used to it. Just like the more you eat the more you're going to want. In the beginning it was hard for me because I always ate fast food. Now I eat fast food maybe once every two weeks and even then it's a small portion. You just need to tell yourself that eventually you will get there. Same thing with working out. Sometimes I hate it, but now I'm at the point that when I don't do it...I feel out of place. I didn't get to do my workout yesterday and now I'm bummed that I didn't. But I will hit it hard this afternoon.
  • dominionite
    dominionite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been riding the yo-yo of loose some / gain some for ... well... forever... and I've learned a 2 things:
    (1) if you think you can't do it, then you can't do it; negative thoughts cannot result in positive change
    (2) there are only 2 paths to follow; the road to weight loss and the road to weight gain - choose wisely

I set small goals... I decide to loose 5 lbs. Then i work towards that goal. When i reach my goal i give myself a pat on the back and look in the mirror and say CONGRATS. Then I say "Hey, I want to loose 5 lbs" and start over. Large goals seem daunting - smaller ones are attainable.

Also, make a visual reminder such as a chart or rewards page on your refrigerator, bathroom mirror or closet door. Give yourself a star sticker for every pound you loose (like with kids and homework). Seeing the stars add up can give you that boost of pride needed to keep pushing.
  • cadeandcamsnana
    Options
    Yea I'm feelin ya! A friend of mine has told me about the Dukan Diet, I have to say that it is really working for her. You may want to look into it and try it before your trip. I am going to cause I just can,t count calories and lose wieght> Good luck to you in what ever you decide!
  • anjoola
    anjoola Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay so THIS is acually going to take tme. It's supposed to. It's going to be hard. It's also going to be SO worth it. If you try to do itall at once, you are sure to fail. Take baby steps. Add a little at a time. Nobody gets healthy overnight. Focusing on the hardships of ths, and how long it's taking, and what progress you haven't made in a VERY SHORT period of time is the fastest way to make yourself quit.

And if you quit today, you're gonna look back at yourself three months from now, but you will have missed the opportunity to be 10-15 pounds lighter.

I agree 100%. Baby steps are perfect! I have been running on the hamster wheel of exercising like I'm an Olympic athlete, eating shakes, and feeling shaky and lightheaded because of it. But for the last couple months I decided to give myself a break, move foreward each morning I wake up, and pat myself on the back for each small victory.

Don't wait to compliment yourself until you lose 100 pounds. Be proud of every healthy food that goes into your mouth, and each step you take away from the couch!. When I feel down, I ask God for the strength to take good care of myself! You deserve that too!