Looking for more mom "friends" on here

Options
124»

Replies

• sweetkristina
    Options
    Sending you a "friend" request! I am a divorced mom to a wonderful 8-year-old girl and I also work full-time. I don't go to the gym, but will do my DVDs or a Kinect workout. While I workout, my daughter is either doing her homework or has her computer time. This way she is occupied and I have my uninterrupted workout time. Give your kids a special activity that they can do on their own during your workout time - they will soon be asking you when it is time for you to workout! Good luck!

That is a good idea, giving him something special to do only when I'm working out. Only wish I had more room in our house for that to happen. I would say I could let him play Wii, but my living room has the Wii adn only area big enough to workout in. =) He's too small for computer time yet. Hmmmm, there has to be something.
  • ddearnhart
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am a mom with two boys ages 7 and 3.
  • tfiwsad
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 30 year old single mom of three! They are 6, 4, and 3. I work full time and to get my workouts in I get up at 5am so I can do it without missing time with my kids. I go to bed at 9, and to sleep at about 9:30. I set out my workout clothes the night before, choose the DVD I'm going to do since I've accumulated a nice variety to keep it fun, and set the coffee to brew automatically to be done when my workout is complete. It only took about three days of that to get used to that sleep cycle, but now I'm totally acclimated. And boy does it feel great to be sitting at my desk at work knowing I've already done a 45 minute or hour workout already! I work out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then do my best to do some type of physical activity on the weekends that involves the kids. A bike ride, an easy hike, swimming, etc. It helps me burn calories for myself, and teaches my kids to be active and keeps them healthy as well. It feels fantastic.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old i know the feeling i work until 5 and than i go to school
    add me if you wish
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Single Momma to 2 girls, full time student and work part time (30 hours a week) at the University I attend. I hear you on not always having time. Some times I do way better than others at finding the time. I wish I could get back on track like how i was in the beginning of the year.
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    add me :) I have two daughters. one is 7 and the other is 9 and our house is crazy!
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! Almost 30 year old single mom of a 6 yo, 5 yo, and 3 yo...
  • suzyjahn
    Options
    I'm a mom to four lovely little girls (17 months, 3, 6, & 8). It is really tough to be a working mom. I work mostly from home which comes with its advantages and disadvantages. But I wouldn't trade the time I get with my girls for anything! :) I realized that at 36 I no longer get to eat what I want when I want and still be the weight I want. (I've always had a really fast metabolism.) So, I started modifying my caloric intake and the only way I can do that is to track what I eat which is why I joined MFP.