Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

AuntieVaVa~WL surgery was never an option for me, I used to joke that I was leaving this world the same way I came in – with my insides intact! :laugh: Of course, I didn’t count on gallbladder issues after I lost 70# and had to have it removed (so glad I did though). I knew it was the sodium! :bigsmile: I do have one suggestion, increasing your water. After my trainer mentioned I needed to double my water intake, I did some research because I didn’t want to drink too much. As it turns out we actually require more than just 64oz a day – the 8 x 8 they recommend is what keeps your organs working properly. Our bodies are about 60% water and we get about 80% of that from the foods we eat but need more on top of that – the amount we need is based upon our weight, medical hx, activity level and environment. You might think about increasing from 8 glasses to 13+ glasses a day. Talk with your doctor about it, just in case you have a medical condition that wouldn’t be conducive to drinking that much water (i.e. kidney issues or if you take diuretics).

ravenlaramie~I totally get that! There really are some mean spirited people in some of the forums, I try to stay clear of those.

Tuesday Goals~Not much is changing for me goal wise, although my trainer wants me to get back into running (slowly). So, I will make a new goal to add running in once/week and slowly increase as I get stronger and more comfortable with it again. I have a long-term goal to run a half-marathon, but that is down a very long road…

Kelley
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Happy Tuesday and all of that to everyone. Today is the beginning of my work week. So my dropping in is justmy attempt to push it back a bit. Today a supervisor from the children's side will be shadowing me all day to learn how we run our groups so they can put that in place for the children department. It will be interesting. It is also volunteer day which means lots of walking at work. Volunteer Day is one of my favorite days at work plus now the added feature is all of the walking. we start at 10am and be done at 11:45ish. (Before all of this I use to dread my turn to supervise volunteering now I go every week)

@VaVa--glad to hear the water is working for you no you aren't alone. I too need to do a better job on sodium. so far i have only been paying attention to calories and starting to pay attention to fat & carbs, but I know I need to look more carefully at how much sodium i take in. Wishing you a good doctor visit.

Well I put it off as much as I can-- I need to start getting ready for work now. I will check in at the end of the day.

liz
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Is anyone interested in a Halloween challenge? Tomorrow it will be 50 days until Halloween. I need some motivation to boost either my steps or my miles, especially since the weather is cooling off and making walking/riding more do-able. Since I usually get in 10,000 steps on gym days, but not other days, I thought I'd challenge myself to about 400,000 steps in 7 weeks or a little less than 60,000 steps a week. Each participant could choose their own goal depending on their level of fitness, and then post a weekly total on Tuesdays. Anyone game??? I wear a fitbit, so going with steps is easy for me, but for those with a pedometer, a premeasured route, or who use equipment like a treadmill, bike or elliptical can record mileage shown on the equipment.

Ideas, suggestions? It's more fun when we can push each other along. :smile:

Marsha

I'm in! I need some motivation to get to the gym after work instead of going home and vegging out.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @auntievava -- I was quite tired for the first couple of weeks, but generally I've got a lot more energy now. Of course, I use it all up on cardio. And there are still odd days; yesterday I felt too tired to do strength work and struggled with cardio, plus I spent the whole day feeling hungry. Today's much better.

@GrammyWhammy -- I think with your old acquaintance on FB, you could either just let it go and accept that it's not an ideal situation, or get another mutual acquaintance to FB the chap. I personally would leave it I think.

@cj -- Welcome! I was spurred to do something because I have a few friends who have had surgery and it seemed like a pretty radical step. I thought I would have a serious go at eating less and exercising more instead and see how that went.

@CathEsh -- Hoping your daughter is well on the way to recovery. I don't know how old she is, but when my daughter was in hospital several times a few years ago we never left her alone for more than half an hour or so. Everything else about our life was completely stuffed up; I couldn't believe how stressful it was having a child in hospital.

@Jana -- gosh what an eventful few days you're having! You'll just have to persuade your bf to get a move on & propose, won't you...

@Kris -- oh I love your before and after pictures! That's so fantastic and you must be very proud of what you've achieved.

@Garetie -- well done for putting the ticker up, and for getting back on the train.

@CelticHippo -- well done for another pound! That Sunday was something else, but I can see your diary and I think you've probably duplicated some of the entries, especially lunch and snacks? Keeping logging is the key, even on those really dodgy days.

@Andrea -- my son is a bit heavy, and I've been talking to him about how we make healthy food choices, because he's getting a bit old now for us to seriously control everything that he eats. We had a really delicious dinner last night that was about 500 cals per portion, and he was amazed; I think he knows that 500 cals doesn't get you that much if it's chips or chocolate bars.

@Raven -- every time I read one of those threads where someone lays down the law about the One True Way to Weight Loss I regret it! I try to just read this thread (because all you guys are wonderful!) and two or three success stories each day.

Halloween challenge -- I'll cheer you on, but I'm just carrying on doing what I've been doing. Next Halloween, when I've been at this for 16 months and still haven't finished, I'll completely be ready for a challenge!

Tuesday goals -- well, yesterday was my largest gain since I started, and so my main goal for this week is to not get discouraged but just carry on with what I've been doing. I mean, it's worked every other week! So this must just be a little blip.

-- Alison
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - Goal, my goal is always to get back on my stationary bike which I did once last week and this morning. Seems I am always starting over. My Halloween goal is to weigh 10 lbs less. I have really not had much weight loss this year. I need to get back in the grove. Thanks all for your support.
    Tuesday goal - well my goal for this week (and next) is the same as one of my September goals -- to complete my 6-day, 63-mile backpacking trip without injuring myself. Of course, this is a bit easier said than done when you're still nearly 200 pounds overweight. This leads me to my second goal, which is to push aside any aches and/or discomforts and enjoy every minute and every mile that I get to spend on the trail with my 73-year old father (who is in way better shape than I am). We are so blessed to have this time together!! I'm flying out to Oregon tomorrow, and after a day spent with family, we will hit the trail on Friday! One foot in front of the other....
    Great Goal!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Another day under my belt - congrats to all for victories great and small and attitudes are wonderful by all. Percocet makes me rhyme, dispatched fly in record time. Went for 3 leisurely strolls up and down halls in the building and walked up and down stairs once. Oh, that didn't rhyme. "scuse me.

So good to see you back Helen, know you must follow everyone's advice and see a doctor!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Sorry I have been MIA the last couple of days. Couldn't beleive it I had three pages to read this morning when I got on. My weekend was very long and hectic and the eating choices were less then stellar and then on monday I woke up very sick to my tummy. Thankfully I still had a one pound loss for the week which I was so not expecting.

So on a personal note I was woke up this morning at 5:00 am with a kiss from my husband. For those of you that dont know he works in Alaska as an engineer on a fishing boat. He started his journey home after three months on Saturday but flew into colorado instead of straight home as he had bought a truck " 1965 chevy" from a co-worker and had to drive it home. Needless to say I was thrilled and we spent a couple hours talking and letting the kids say hi and then I put him to bed to get some much needed sleep and started my day.

Welcome to the new members I saw. You will love this group everyone is so nice and supportive. My goal for this week is to try at least four different forms of working out to see if I can find something I think I will enjoy enought to stick with it at least for a while.

@AuntieVava: I just wanted to respond to your post as it resonated with me. I started this journey at 5 foot 8 inches and just over 360 pounds. I was constantly tired and sore and sick feeling and doing anything out of the norm was very hard and would leave me needing to recuperate for a day or two afterwards. The first thing that I changed was starting my day with a green smoothie and then a week or so later I found this website. I have been on here just over a month and without even realizing it was happening I started doing more and more until one day when writing a post on here I realised I had been up and going doing things for three days straight and was getting ready to clean my house that day and I felt great. It was an amazing feeling. I think with recording the food and seeing what we are eating things start to get better and then you atart to do more which makes everything work even better and spirals out into health and happiness.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals - update. I have successfully finished the "Lose 20 Lbs. by October 1st" challenge and I'm happy about that. I did report my info to the challenge leader but it seems this group has fallen apart or something. No post for last Sunday on recording progress; no acknowledgement of my e-mail. That's fine, I still lost the weight and made the timing goal. So I'll just celebrate myself WOOT!!

Meanwhile.......my current goal is just to stick with healthy eating, drinking water, and moving as much as possible. And I'll be here to read what you have to say. You're a good group!

Lin
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals - update. I have successfully finished the "Lose 20 Lbs. by October 1st" challenge and I'm happy about that. I did report my info to the challenge leader but it seems this group has fallen apart or something. No post for last Sunday on recording progress; no acknowledgement of my e-mail. That's fine, I still lost the weight and made the timing goal. So I'll just celebrate myself WOOT!!

Meanwhile.......my current goal is just to stick with healthy eating, drinking water, and moving as much as possible. And I'll be here to read what you have to say. You're a good group!

Lin
    :drinker: :drinker:

Awesome!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Monday check in - I finally lost a few lbs and hopefully am back on a downward trend. If anyone is interested, here is a before (insert) and current picture....

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/krissyburjan/Cat Forum/?action=view&current=Beforeandafter.jpg

woah! what a change!

Is anyone interested in a Halloween challenge? Tomorrow it will be 50 days until Halloween. I need some motivation to boost either my steps or my miles, especially since the weather is cooling off and making walking/riding more do-able. Since I usually get in 10,000 steps on gym days, but not other days, I thought I'd challenge myself to about 400,000 steps in 7 weeks or a little less than 60,000 steps a week. Each participant could choose their own goal depending on their level of fitness, and then post a weekly total on Tuesdays. Anyone game??? I wear a fitbit, so going with steps is easy for me, but for those with a pedometer, a premeasured route, or who use equipment like a treadmill, bike or elliptical can record mileage shown on the equipment.

Ideas, suggestions? It's more fun when we can push each other along. :smile:

Marsha

i think that's a great idea. lets see. how about five miles a day. that's 255 miles all together. like biking to denver lol.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    September Goals:

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE: Getting back on plan. Each of us shall recommit to our lifestyle change in a way thats personal to us.
    I am getting back on track. My back is better and my tooth is better and I’m off the pain killers and back on my DASH eating plan.

2. PIGS FLY, WHY CAN"T I? Try something new, exercise or play, or food!
    I will get 5000 steps and 10 flights of stairs every week day (5000 steps on weekend also but no stairs since my house has none). If I do not get 5000 steps I’ll be on the treadmill until I do get them.
  • megancouch93
    Options
    Hey there, sorry I've been absent the past couple days, had a lot of stuff going on.

Tuesday goals: be able to actually run without getting out of breath so quickly. this will take time, but I hope I can do it soon.
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options

WOOT!! I'll celebrate with you! good job!:flowerforyou:
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My dog is jealous of my lap top computer. He is of the opinion that my lap belongs to HIM!

I don't see a problem with this. :wink:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals - back to the pool after a few days off and swimming for at least 4 if not 5 days.

Dropped another lb last night so now I'm finally back on tract and my monthly average is back to normal. Damn women hormones...messing with my averages!
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Raven -- every time I read one of those threads where someone lays down the law about the One True Way to Weight Loss I regret it! I try to just read this thread (because all you guys are wonderful!) and two or three success stories each day.

@BohemianCoast That's what I'm gonna start doing too. I get curious and peruse and I ALWAYS regret it. This and success stories are all I'm gonna read from now on too.
    ravenlaramie~I totally get that! There really are some mean spirited people in some of the forums, I try to stay clear of those.

@Kah68 There really are. I suppose it's like most public forums where there's always at least one :/ I'm sticking to this thread only from now on.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My dog is jealous of my lap top computer. He is of the opinion that my lap belongs to HIM!

I don't see a problem with this. :wink:

How can all that devotion be a problem? :heart: :laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a dog in years, but my cat MowMow is an attention *kitten*.

It was driving him crazy when I was doing my before and current pictures yesterday. He finally came up and gave me tons of face mashes and kisses:

Photoon9-10-12at331PM4.jpg

/facedesk - Photobucket seems to be on strike...... so ....http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8315/7977467205_e62b571101_z.jpg
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon to all my pals out there! I lost 1 1/2 lbs this week after a 2 week plateau. Yipeeee, its always nice to see the scale go down. My goal this week is for 1 30 min. walk and 1 40 min. walk daily. We will see if my feet and hip will cooperate. I haven't done posts in ages so here it goes.

Raven, you are doing great and I would just stick to your friends and this thread, no one here would be that rude!

Ushkii, you can do this, I know you can. Making getting healthy your #1 priority is not only important to you but to your family as well. My husband died at age 52, way too early and Hardee's Sunday all you can eat biscuits and gravy sure didn't help him any!

MOwMOw, you are a beautiful young woman! I loved the before & after photos and wouldn't have recognized you.

garetie, I have similar conversations but Belle (my pom) always wins out.

lin, I am continuing to keep you in my prayers for strength in handling your father's care. You have had a long road and am glad you are back here again.

Grammy, sounds like a good goal for Halloween.

Laurie, praying your week goes better.

Skinny, you had an awesome NSV. I keep chocolate in my freezer now and don't obsess about it, wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds in the past.

Vicki, for me, I felt the same way until people started making comments about the change in me and then I guess I seemed to value their opinions over mine so that's how I try to see myself now.

Susan, loved the pork loin dinner you crock potted! I plan to make it soon.

Angel, I know you can do it!!!

Shrink, looks like you're making great progress!

glow, kids shouldn't do that to their grandmas. I got my ACV yesterday and am going to try it in some water with a drop or 2 of honey.

celtic, sounds like a good plan!

andrea, you are the best auntie ever! I plan on checking out the dog site as I have a pom named Belle that thinks she is the owner and I am her pet!

Imack, enjoy your trip, praying for your safety and no aches or pains.

AuntieVaVa, I have to watch my sodium very close due to HBP and edema. Glad you lost the water weight.

Kah, thanks for the water info.

liz, glad you had time to check in, will look forward to your post this evening.

beachgirl, I know you can, I know you can, I, know you can!!!

Alison, my weight goes up and down like the stock market because of edema even when I am under calories. Don't let it get you down.

jtconst, I am so glad your hubbie is home safe, enjoy his time with you.

lin, WHOO HOO for your loss and great goals for the week.

Morgori, glad you are feeling better, missed you and your sense of humor.

Megan, you can do it.

Robin, so did you ever find the fly? Glad you are up and about, take care of yourself.

To anyone I missed, I'm sorry. Welcome newbies, this is the best place to be for support, comforting when needed and motivation.

Christine
  • uscpwifey
    Options
    Hi, Everybody! I'm back to update you on my goals.

Right now I'm trying to not be focused on the numbers... which is why I haven't weighed myself. BUT... I'm a numbers nerd. I was having a rough work out today, and I spent every single minute of the 70 minutes I spend on the bike figuring out the percentage of time I had left. Very discouraging!

But, my September goal, is to go to the gym every school day in September!!! --So far so good!