MFP life cycle

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    don't forget when you...

- create bingo board of all the buzz topics, and you start to post "BINGO" on every one.
    - get told to get off MFP because you're too fit now, and this site is only for people trying to "loose" weight
    - get sucked in and respond to the - do you think this person is hot thread, and then gets called for being on there again

but the best is when:

you develop the best friendships EVER :smooched: and have friends that will stick with you even when you're bishing about your ex or craving chocolate! :blushing:

*sorry bout that guys - I think I really need to move to Ohio*
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Yes, but you forgot about the part toward the end:

...gets wrapped up in the MFP social life & accompanying drama. Ignores fitness topics, sticks only to Chit-Chat threads
    ... MFP drama becomes a bit much, even interfering with real life
    ... leaves MFP, without much warning
    ... returns under new name

... REPEAT as necessary

*looks at GPS* see i knew i was headed the wrong way....
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    I like the post...cute and so true
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Really great input.. But dont give up on peeps.. Everyone gets discourage at times.. Just gotta keep pushing them.. ya? or ma I naive??
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    and how many leave when they hit their fitness goal?
  • Really great input.. But dont give up on peeps.. Everyone gets discourage at times.. Just gotta keep pushing them.. ya? or ma I naive??

agree
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss.

Wow, have you been spying on me? Oh, a couple of things you forgot:

-Raspberry Ketones
    -Paleo
    -Isagenix
    -Low Carb
    -Intermittent Fasting
    -Sugar is Evil
    -Carb Loading
    -NSV
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss.

Wow, have you been spying on me? Oh, a couple of things you forgot:

-Raspberry Ketones
    -Paleo
    -Isagenix
    -Low Carb
    -Intermittent Fasting
    -Sugar is Evil
    -Carb Loading
    -NSV

I didn't talk about the cycle of treads.
    - Sexy for Valentine day
    - Be a bunny for Easter
    - Bikini ready for summer
    - Lose 10 pounds in 1 month for summer
    - lose 20 pounds in one week before summer.
    - help it is summer
    - help it is Thanksgiving
    - freaking for Christmas
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    - Sexy for Valentine day
    - Be a bunny for Easter
    - help it is summer
    - freaking for Christmas

And every Friday night, "HELP! What alcohol is best for weight loss?!"
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    - Sexy for Valentine day
    - Be a bunny for Easter
    - help it is summer
    - freaking for Christmas

What happens on Halloween? Does everyone binge on their children's Halloween candy? I guess I'll find out on Oct. 31st.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Well, first you need to starve yourself for the next 50 days so you can be a sexy Hermione Granger or a sexy Ninja Turtle or a sexy Freddy Kruger.

THEN you get to panic over the thought of candy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Well, first you need to starve yourself for the next 50 days so you can be a sexy Hermione Granger or a sexy Ninja Turtle or a sexy Freddy Kruger.

THEN you get to panic over the thought of candy.

:laugh:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    - Sexy for Valentine day
    - Be a bunny for Easter
    - help it is summer
    - freaking for Christmas

What happens on Halloween? Does everyone binge on their children's Halloween candy? I guess I'll find out on Oct. 31st.

Halloween PARTY duh...
    20101030_IMG_4260.jpg
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Option D. Get banned for lewd and lacivious conduct, including, but not limited to showing too much of the male genital organ or the female ta tas.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Hehehe, thanks for the giggle.
    I read this earlier this morning just after I'd decided not to comment on the latest "I DON'T and I WON'T eat my exercise cals" thread. Really, I don't care what anyone else does, they'll either quit or work it out for themselves sooner or later.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    I guess I'm lucky that I did all the reading up and getting educated about dieting and fitness BEFORE I started. I never was a 'newbie'. lol
  • Option E. Get caught up in the flirting and overwhelming attention and do things that your spouse doesn't approve of. Get caught and deactivate.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Option E. Get caught up in the flirting and overwhelming attention and do things that your spouse doesn't approve of. Get caught and deactivate.

That probably happens WAY TOO MUCH!!