Angry Guys

13»

Replies

• jimbo_a_logo
    jimbo_a_logo Posts: 26 Member
    "Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, FITS OF ANGER, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, SELF-CONTROL; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." ~ Galations 5:19-24

I am going to assume that this guy doesn't belong to Christ Jesus.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Not to be alarmist (that's a lie; the klaxons are ringing), but taking out aggression on inanimate objects is usually a step on the road to taking it out on other people. It turns out that venting like that is kind of addicting. We feel good when we vent anger, so we start doing it more often and more intense in order to get the same feeling.

Destroying property out of anger is a gigantic red flag. RUN.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    My ex had a violent temper where he'd throw things and swear like a sailor. It actually escalated one time to him throwing me against a wall. We weren't married for very long after that.
  • Meh...My parents beat me enough as a kid to ensure I rarely get out of control as a grown-up.
    ^That pretty much sums it up.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yeah, my boys are 9 and 11 and THEY don't get angry once a week. This isn't typical for guys, normal for this guy maybe. Frankly, if this is your bf I'd run. Fast.
  • When I was a teenager, and in my early 20's, I would lose my temper once a week. Now in my 40's, maybe once a year.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Haven't lost my temper since 1982.
  • sorry hun thats not normal for most men... how ever there are some that being angry (not throwing breaking things) is pretty normal.. and ANNOYING AS HELL..
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I don't often lose my temper, certainly not to throw or punch things. But I will use anger and violence as "appropriate" tools in certain situations. Have never raised a hand or even made a gesture towards someone I love, but just 3 weeks ago I saw a guy, some English student slap a woman, hard, at the Munich train station. Since he was wearing a heavy pack, it was an easy thing to grab him and throw him against the wall. I yelled at him, and threatened him with the cops and more. All while wearing lycra, a cycling helmet and somewhat covered in mud. Hope the impression stuck a little.

Many years ago, in Paris, a friend and I threatened to throw a guy off a bridge for kicking a beggar. This was not a calm evening.

I'm an strong-headed pacifist with a dark-side well under control - but absence of anger control would suggest a need to learn to manage that.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I've only seen my BF get like that once. And that was when my best friend's bf slapped me. It took every ounce of my energy to hold my bf back and thankfully he had a bit of control or he probably could have killed the guy.

Other than that, I don't think it's normal to be violent or a rage machine on a regular basis...
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    NO its NOT normal. Everybody gets mad, but only 2 year olds throw and break things.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Once a week or so like clock work? Sounds like anger issues. They need a different avenue to let go of all that energy so it doesn't result in breaking objects. I would suggest taking up boxing and hitting a heavy bag.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    If they are playing Fifa then it's totally acceptable. I have punched many pillows to death because of that game...
  • Why do women put up with it? (you might be asking yourself) I think its the bad boy thing. 50 fifty shades of bad?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    It's not acceptable unless video games are in play. I've been known to throw a controller or two.

People that resort to hitting, punching, kicking etc are those that are not able to put on their big pants and talk it out.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    When I was young - in my late teens and early 20's, I was pretty filled with anger and I sort of "raged" often. Life (and the law) has settled me down now. I'm one of the calmest people you'll meet now. No, it's not normal. Don't accept it.
  • clarajean123
    clarajean123 Posts: 22 Member
    GOT NEWS FOR YOU: IT'S NOT NORMAL for a guy or girl to be hitting, throwing, or breaking anything. This is sign of an underlining problem of out of control anger. That kind of behavior only gets worse unless it's addressed and dealt with. Don't make exuses for this behavior........people will get hurt.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Take it from a guy with issues; no, it is not normal.