What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This year there are two things on my wish list. I've got an anniversary, a birthday, and Christmas all going down before the end of 2012, so he's got a few chances to get it right.

- A pair of diamond earrings. I've always wanted some (we've been together almost 4 years, it's not like we just started dating or anything)
    - A spa day: massage, mani/pedi, the works
    - An engagement ring

That last one is preferable to everything.
  • aprus5542
    Options
    a new vacuum cleaner ?

totally haha
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    get dressed up and go dancing... act like you are teens again and can't keep your hands off each other.. then rent a hotel room and get freaky between the sheets.

:)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like things that I can enjoy such as gift certificates for a manicure/pedicure, massage, or haircut at a nice salon. I will not spend my money on these things because I feel guilty, but I LOVE them when they are free :) such a nice way to wind down and relax too.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Gifts that I would love to receive include jewelry that he has picked out that carries some sort of sentiment. Like my favorite color, our birthstones etc. Also I love poetry ... So a book of poems with a few highlighted ones that he has read and wants to share with me. I love music and broadway so tickets to NYC and a show would be awesome too! Romance doesn't have to expensive, it just has to be planned out in advance :)
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ]
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.self and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.
    [/quote]
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This^^^ was me...after 18 years of marriage and begging for attn and "date night" with everything planned I told him 7 months ago no more begging I'm done...Moving in w new bf this weekend...promises to be a lot more date nights and romance...life is too damn short!
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    whatever it is you get her it better seem like you struggled and anguished and painfully went over it in order to get her the perfect present. They wanna know you gave it more than five seconds thought. And when its over, you better start thinking about Valentines, and Christmas, and birthdays, and anniversaries and you'll never have any money and wish you were single.....I'm venting now
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    For me, a few things at thew top of my list:

A day at the spa
    expensive shoes (who am I kidding--ANY shoes!)
    designer handbag
    write me a song (if you can sing)
    fancy night out to a nice restaurant
    jewelry (cheap or fine, doesn't really matter to me)
    a kitten :)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ONE...cut a hole in a box...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WIN!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    tiffany-box.gif
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    For anyone who actually cares, hubby FINALLY got it right this year! No clue if he came up with it on his own or if one of my friends happened to tell him that he better get his act together, but I really don't care because it was the best birthday I've ever had.

:smile:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    buy me a tattoo or a piercing and I'm one happy girl! :bigsmile:
  • erikapereira
    Options
    something she really wants. Technology? Jewelry? SPA gift Card (all included: massage, facial, nails, etc). plus spend time w her special dinner prepared by you or take her to her favorite rest
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Diamonds are a girls best friend :-D
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Nothing that has an electrical cord attached.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Diamonds. End thread!
  • ajohn252
    Options
    All I know is that I would not do anything that you
    regularly do. If you go to movies together often or
    to dinner regularly, I would think outside the box.
    Not that those things aren't fun and all but it might
    look like you didn't put much thought into it if you do
    the same old thing.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvaz17lpzz1qhs8sxo1_500.gif:wink:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    A vacation or trip is always great. Gives you both a break and time to rekindle some romance.