What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options
mavrick7
mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
Honest answers requested: What does a woman really want for birthday from her BF/Husband? I am not talking about world peace, love, and him wrapped in a bow. Truthfully, what should we buy them?

Lets pretend money is not a factor.

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box
  • mrsmilander
    Options
    Jewelry, flowers, Romance. Take her out for a movie, go to her favorite restaurant. Or message me for some bedroom accessories. LOL
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    An old Chevy truck.
  • mavrick7
    Options
    ...grab a box

LOL. Give her an empty box? Shoe box? Funny :)
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Cut a hole in the box....
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Put your winky in said box.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Date night... all dressed up to a nice restaurant, or going to a game, or whatever. Just spending time together.
  • mavrick7
    Options
    ...grab a box

LOL. That is what I gave her last year.... said thank you, this is what I always wanted :) then like most toys, never played with it again :(
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    A trip away... preferably staying in a place that has a spa.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

LOL. That is what I gave her last year.... said thank you, this is what I always wanted :) then like most toys, never played with it again :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Here's what I would like, in no particular order.

Jewelry (from Tiffany.) A sappy, over the top romantic display that's both fun and a little embarrassing all at the same time, or a ridiculous over planned date. Books. Concert tickets. A drawing. Dr. Who dvds. New paintbrushes (or hobby supplies). Comics. Homemade cupcakes. A dance game for PS3. The shelves put up in my closet. My boyfriends undivided attention. <3
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

AMEN. Although, having said that, I am also perfectly happy to write my husband a list of things that I'd like (this year, it's an Audible subscription, HRM, and new running shoes to support my latest addiction) for when he looks at me on Saturday night and says "who do we use for a babysitter again?" :drinker:

Best of luck to you, whatever happens.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Attention! To be felt like she's loved and cherished. A backrub that is just a backrub - unless SHE wants more. She gives all day long: husband, kids, work, friends.... she wants to be given to. We all have "things" - you know what her interests are. Overall, she wants you to pay attention to what her interests are and spend time doing things she enjoys - without complaining, *****ing or wondering when it's going to be over.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    She probably wants a significant other who knows she is an individual with her own desires, rather than interchangeable with all other women. What a ridiculous question!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

^^^ This! Court me like he did 19 years ago, treat me like a princess - instead of just saying "what are you gonna fix for dinner tonight"?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I think the best presents are something sweet, that she wants specifically, that would be an awful present to other people.

My ex got me a piece of lab equipment for my birthday and I LOVED it! Exactly something I needed and unique to me.

I hate receiving chocolate, flowers are okay, hate jewelry (I don't wear it, except the best present I've ever received, a sciencey necklace-amino acids that represent my name spelled in the one0ketter code), but I do have a soft spot for teddy bears, especially if they are from a place that matters.

Tl;dr If someone on this forum could suggest it, it's not what she really wants :)
  • mavrick7
    Options

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

^^^ This! Court me like he did 19 years ago, treat me like a princess - instead of just saying "what are you gonna fix for dinner tonight"?

Wuggums and Jonalee
    You both deserve to have this type of birthday celebration. Nothing like a date to rekindle some sparks. I love the movie The Family Man with Nicolas Cage. After suffering through a tough alternate family life, he takes Tia Leoni to a night on the town at a fancy restaurant, and shack up in a fabulous hotel suite.

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

I'm dying...
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Date night... all dressed up to a nice restaurant, or going to a game, or whatever. Just spending time together.

THIS.. for everything.. followed by some sweet love making, im set