What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options

Replies

• chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A PITTSBURGH PENGUINS JERSEY! OR MORE THAN ONE...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Cut a hole in the box....

Put your winky in said box.

LOL. That is what I gave her last year.... said thank you, this is what I always wanted :) then like most toys, never played with it again :(

In that case perhaps what you should get her for her birthday is a new girlfriend for you!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    To be whisked off on a suprise holiday/weekend break - Paris or Rome, somewhere romantic :-)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    A nanny
    A maid
    A massage
    A pedicure
    A manicure
    A fat expensive bauble
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The best BDAY gift I ever got was when my EX took me to this wicked nice restaurant that is at the top of the 2nd tallest building in my city and overlooks the city. We shared dinner and drinks then he took me on a romantic walk through the city the ended with us going to the beach where we had our first kiss and he gave me a hand written letter about what i meant to him/birthday card. I should also mentioned he bought me this dress I'd been really wanting and it was all a surprise. He told me to put it on because he was taking me somewhere special. Then we went to a local hotel instead of back to our crappy apartment that had these wicked huge Jacuzzis in the room and the rest isn't suitable for these forums lol. It was really romantic and with our crazy schedules we didn't get to spend much time together so that was the best part.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    what i wouldn´t want for my birthday : expensive jewelry ( i think its a waste of money ), spa treatments ( i dont have the patience ), chocolate ( makes me fat ), shoes, bags, clotles ( i like to pick them myself ) perfume ( i also like to choose it myself ), nothing to clean the house with ( it should be a expontaneus gift and nothing u by for a birthday

What i would want : a trip to a different country, or someplace inside the country i never been staying in a nice hotell with my love
    flowers ( are always a nice start for someone that doesnt have much money ), something for my hobbies a photographic machine ( a good one with all the different lences and things , painting things, etc a pet ( if u exually live with the women and u talked about having one before )

But .....If money was no boundary i would want a nice cottage with a swimming poal
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    you should ask your wifey! SHE will have the best answer!

for me, romance.
  • txlissa62
    Options
    There's no one-size-fits-all answer to that question. Some women want diamonds, flowers, fancy dinners, etc. Me? I want photography equipment. My husband gave me a new camera for my 50th birthday, and I was so happy I cried. One Christmas he built and planted an asparagus bed (at my request). Last Christmas it was a new camera lens.

The best gift you could give her is one that shows you "get" her, and what will make her happy - not something you decided on based upon a survey of strangers on the internet.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Jewellery or a surprise getaway to spend fun and good quality time together! However, this year for my birthday I asked for a bunch of good quality gym clothing that I absolutely live in! And now want I really want is a new bike and a swimming suit! Or good quality scales! lol.

Everyone is different. But you can't go wrong with the first two options - jewellery or time together - even if it's dinner or a movie or just simply doing something that she LOVES.

One of my favourite birthday's was going to a theme park and then surprised with an animal adventure - swimming with the seals! (my favourite animal!). SO much fun!
  • FJMilner
    Options
    The best gift you could give her is one that shows you "get" her, and what will make her happy - not something you decided on based upon a survey of strangers on the internet.

This, without doubt!!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I AM WILLING TO WAIT...2ND CHOICE 49ERS!!!:love::love: :drinker: :sad:
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would even be willing to make that my bday and christmas present!!!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    A great gift especially if its last second is a spa treatment. You can buy them online, print out the gift certificate for it and put it in with her card. They have day spas, massages, and everything you can think of. You pick the package you can afford and its a win
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Steak and head :)
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    you should ask your wifey! SHE will have the best answer!

for me, romance.
    if women would actually say what they want, I'd agree. But 99.9% of women would say "I don't want anything" or "I don't care". My wife learned years ago about answers like that. Now she will cut out a picture of an item, include color and size, if she wants something specific.
  • dodihere
    Options
    Jeep. Steak. Sex.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Put your junk in that box ;)
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST things my husband and I have done for "Gift giving season" (our birthdays, anniversary and Christmas are all within a couple months) is we go on a "window shopping date" and we each bring a notepad and head to the mall. We take notes about what things our significant other likes, hates, and loves. Then we have a sure-fire list of things we know they like and we can either choose from that list or find something similiar aftre we've gotten an idea of the type of things they were interested in.

My husband has surprised me with his excellent follow through since we started this!

Right now, the things I'd like are: A gift certificate to go buy myself a new dressy outfit (to fit this slimmer body), a mani/pedi, a night at the theater, a personal trainer, and a weekend away (while baby hangs out with his grandparents!!).

Good luck! And despite so many women being offended that this man asked - I think it's sweet that he's trying to get some perspective :happy:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Put your junk in that box ;)

Portable Glory? #winning
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

Did you tell him this?