What does a woman really want for her birthday

Replies

• Solisci
    Solisci Posts: 63 Member
    She wants to be pampered!! Massage, facial.... a lil wine and chocolate... or maybe thats just me? haha
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

Did you cleary tell him this? I ask because I clearly told the luckiest man in the world this and it is exactly what I got. He picked a restaurant, made reservations, presented me with a small gift when he picked me up, opened doors, helped with my jacket, held chairs, everything. I enjoyed it so much, he did it again. And again. And again. And he still does it long after we've moved in together - no special occassions needed.

I've been married damn near forever by today's standards. Yes, I have told him what I want. Does it ever happen? No. Do I love him with all my heart? Absolutely. It's not his fault he was born without the romantic gene. It just gets old. I can't seem to make him realize how much something like this would mean to me.

You'll forgive me if I don't believe that you were as direct with him as you were with us. Because if you were you wouldn't be complaining right now. I'm quite sure if he saw what you wrote here it would motivate him. It might even make him feel guilty. But I'll put money on the fact that he didn't see this post, and probably never will. If you give me his email address I will be glad to forward it to him for you so there can be no confusion.

Be direct and be honest. Don't beat around the bush. You can't place blame on him until you've tried this approach.

I never said I spelled out the way I want my birthday to go. I said that he knows. He knows what I want in terms of him doing more for me. Would it kill him to show me that he cared? Would it kill him to hold my hand or put his arm around me in public? Would it kill him to put my needs first for once? Because, believe me, I've asked him to do it...I've told him what I need...but it still doesn't happen.

I refuse to plan my day because 1) it will piss me off; and 2) it will make me sad because he didn't think enough of me to do it himself.

Do I doubt that he loves me? No, but I'm nearing the end of my rope.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. This thread has gotten off topic and I'm not the type to burden people with my problems.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member

I've been married damn near forever by today's standards. Yes, I have told him what I want. Does it ever happen? No. Do I love him with all my heart? Absolutely. It's not his fault he was born without the romantic gene. It just gets old. I can't seem to make him realize how much something like this would mean to me.

Maybe this year e-mail it to him? My birthday is 6 days before Christmas... sucky. His is 7. people always have plans with so many Christmas parties and such
  • A sunset picnic on a beach, long making out sessions and needs to tell me how much he loves me over and over gain :heart: :love:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Very close to the above, just prefer a more secluded spot with trees, or mountains of some sort. Waterfall would be nice....but yeah a picnic and love. :heart:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    I would like this great new multi-drill that I saw recently because mine's broken...Or a better home gym...Or a new guitar...
    I would settle for a nice meal, a few G&Ts and a good gig!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    I would like this great new multi-drill that I saw recently because mine's broken...Or a better home gym...Or a new guitar...
    I would settle for a nice meal, a few G&Ts and a good gig!

Need to find a Beautiful Lady like shreddedtweet - multi-drill, home gym.... assuming that I can use it too :wink:
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    My fiance got me a Kitchenaid stand mixer for my birthday our first year together. I about went in to hysterics. But I love to bake, so I'm a little nuts about my kitchen toys!
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    nevermind lol
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    My birthday is just around the corner and all I want is a left front wheel bearing for my 2006 Monte Carlo.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Tickets to something we could do together.
    Sexy lingerie. (Although I know a lot of girls wouldn't like this for some reason??)
    Date night.
    Many girls would like jewelry (I do not wear jewelry so that's not for me.)

Personally, what I would like, it may seem silly but I would like sexy lingerie, a stuffed koala (those cute stuffed animal bears, LOVE them!), cool lights/poster for the apartment. That sounds about right for me :).
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,861 Member
    NOTHING, well thats me anyways :) although I love giraffes, so anything girarre is good too.
    actualy there is one thing I really want and im getting myself for my birthday, and thats a new tattoo on my rib cage
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    To be left da fvck alone
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    to be swept of her feet and suprised:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Sex. oh wait, you said what to buy.... um? i dunno. :huh:
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Have you asked her? Our maybe even her best friend, sister, or mom? Somebody she confides in will probably know...;)
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    She wants a romantic gesture if its from her significant other. A nice trip somewhere exotic would be nice.

If its a friend, a gift card usually works just fine, especially if its for shoes or makeup. :)
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    to be remembered...! On the actual day!

Then jewelry works pretty well for most types of girls, if not you'd know that!
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 647 Member
    Even if money is not a factor - plain and simple, show her how much you really LOVE her. She pretty much wants exactly what every man wants on his birthday!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Sex. oh wait, you said what to buy.... um? i dunno. :huh:

saramarie - :blushing: still a great birthday wish!