What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Well, since my birthday is right around the corner, I'll tell you what I want.

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

Did you tell him this?

My guess is no.

Let's see if I'm right....

Women do tell men. And then it doesn't happen, so we say it again... still nothing. Then we say it again... then we get angry and suddenly we're a nag. I think I'll plan my own weekend away this year.

I am sure it works exactly like this for everyone.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    I AM WILLING TO WAIT...2ND CHOICE 49ERS!!!:love::love: :drinker: :sad:

Become a Colts fan, no lines, no waiting, no wins but hey, football!
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    For me, it is not the gift itself, but the thought behind it. I would like to know if, I said in the past how much I liked something, you would take a second and stow that away. Or that if you saw something that reminded you of me to get it and surprise me with it. Running out on the day of to get a hurried gift just because you HAVE to, makes a person feel not important.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Honest answers requested: What does a woman really want for birthday from her BF/Husband? I am not talking about world peace, love, and him wrapped in a bow. Truthfully, what should we buy them?

Lets pretend money is not a factor.

I am not a picky woman and I love anything that my husband decides to give me. Keep in mind that our wedding anniversary is the day after my birthday (his idea, not mine) and I would much rather have either a combined gift or the focus be on our wedding anniversary because our anniversary is more important to me and him also.

When we were younger, it was out to eat, then a night of dancing and giving me a gift of jewelry.

In 2003 we went to New Jersey and spent the weekend and went to a boxing match, had lunch at Trump Tower in an indoor patio area that had an open window to the board walk. It was really nice. We had a candle dinner the next night for our anniversary.

In 2006, I got the most adorable puppy. She was rottweiler / beagle mix and was the sweetest dog in the world and very easy to train.

In 2007, I got a stuffed white lion and tied on a string on his neck was a new wedding ring (this was combined anniversary and birthday gift)

In 2008, I got a jewelry set of diamond butterfly ring, earrings and pendant.

2009, I got a really nice digital camera.

2010, I got a new 21 speed bicycle.

2011, sexy dress, heels, perfume and dinner out in downtown St Louis

2012, I got 3 bottles of perfume (burberry, euphoria and coach poppy)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    A woman wants you to know what she wants.

If she likes jewelry and you want to get her some, get what SHE would wear, not what YOU think would look nice on her. If you don't know what that is, don't buy her any.
    never ever get lingerie. That's BEGGING for trouble and certain sizes require certain fits. In fact, don't buy her any clothes, if it doesn't fit, wrong style, wrong color, wrong anything, you're screwed. "You should know my style by now"
    If she's on a diet, don't buy her chocolates.
    If you don't know what her favorite flower is, don't get her flowers. a dzn roses are so cliche'ish.

Moms? Most want 2 things.
    A clean house and quiet time ALONE.
    In fact, if you just cleaned out the fridge, deep cleaned (but NOT reorganized) the bathroom(s), the kids rooms, the carpets clean, stuff dusted and everything mopped...then took her out to dinner and and drinks with some friends, and booked a sitter, she'd chalk it up to a great birthday.

**Unless she has OCD.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I want my husband to take me out on a date. A REAL date. As in, tell me what time to be ready and that's all I have to do.

I want him to plan every last little detail, like making plans for the kids to spend the night somewhere, making dinner reservations, taking me to see a show at the Performing Arts Center, and renting a hotel room. I want him to think of things that he normally wouldn't do.

I wish he could understand how something like this would mean so much to me. I am so tired of taking care of everyone and everything that I could freakin' scream. I want one night where I don't have to think about a damn thing besides enjoying myself and feeling like I'm actually worth someone's attention.

Did you tell him this?

Oh, he knows....still won't happen.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Last year was the 1st time he ever got me a cake.. a day late. because the cost-co cakes are so much better than any bakery in the city? because, suddenly. my birthday is not on the sunday? we've been together since we were 25 and i'm celebrating my 40th this yr. he tanked 30 I don't have much hopes for 40. it doesn't help that mine is the day after his. (he's a yr younger, though)

My birthdays usually suck since I was 8 and every mile stone after that.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Honest answers requested: What does a woman really want for birthday from her BF/Husband? I am not talking about world peace, love, and him wrapped in a bow. Truthfully, what should we buy them?

If you are looking for an honest answer, My favorite gift to get from my husband is a date. Dinner and a movie....Laser tag...Pool?

We agree not to buy gifts for each other, but use the money to do something instead. For my last birthday, we went to a spa (he got a massage because he gets lots of knots in his back from sports), I got a pedicure...then we went out for dinner and drinks in historic Baltimore.

His birthday last year was the same. I made him dessert and we went out to a Morrocan restaurant.

Your girl may be different, but I love anything involving quality time with my hubbs...

Oh-and the box idea ;)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Did you tell him this?

My guess is no.

Let's see if I'm right....

Women do tell men. And then it doesn't happen, so we say it again... still nothing. Then we say it again... then we get angry and suddenly we're a nag. I think I'll plan my own weekend away this year.

I am sure it works exactly like this for everyone.

I'm pretty sure of it, too.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on what she wants and likes. My fiancee has been wanting to go snowboarding for years so we did that for his birthday. For my birthday, we drove the 3 hour drive to the ocean because I love the water and we dont go much. I think it is all about the thought. I think anything she will remember for a lifetime is an AWESOME birthday present.
    For presents that can be wrapped, they must be wrapped. I made it very clear and he does wrap gifts up. (I think it makes presents WAY better when they are wrapped).
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I could use a trip to the salon but don't want to spend the money. So that would be a really nice gift. Something slightly frivolous but much appreciated.

Or plan an activity for the both of you. Go skiing or ziplining or something you haven't done, or take a day/weekend trip somewhere.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny the responses from women in here about how they want their husband to plan the day without involving them in the details.

Sounds great in practice until we say 'be ready in an hour'...and then it's not so 'perfect' because most women will freak out about what to wear, what shoes, how they should do their hair, when we think we will be home because of something else they wanted to do to, etc.

Sounds fun to think about but I wonder if it would be as 'dreamy' as pictured
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny the responses from women in here about how they want their husband to plan the day without involving them in the details.

Sounds great in practice until we say 'be ready in an hour'...and then it's not so 'perfect' because most women will freak out about what to wear, what shoes, how they should do their hair, when we think we will be home because of something else they wanted to do to, etc.

Sounds fun to think about but I wonder if it would be as 'dreamy' as pictured

All a woman has to do is ask her husband "How should I dress?".

That is what we have done with each other so there aren't any conflicts.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dinner at the best restaurant in town, a dress for that dinner and an iPad. Worked for me!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Did you cleary tell him this? I ask because I clearly told the luckiest man in the world this and it is exactly what I got. He picked a restaurant, made reservations, presented me with a small gift when he picked me up, opened doors, helped with my jacket, held chairs, everything. I enjoyed it so much, he did it again. And again. And again. And he still does it long after we've moved in together - no special occassions needed.
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Cut a hole in the box....

Put your winky in said box.

LOL. That is what I gave her last year.... said thank you, this is what I always wanted :) then like most toys, never played with it again :(

HAHAHAHAHA!! You poor guy!!!

I have to disagree with "most" women about the cleaning and or appliance gifts. My hubs got me a new vacuum once and I LOVE it!! lol. But you have to know if she would or would NOT like that. I agree with most of the other post. Just something special, just the two of you. And of course wild hot fun in the sheets... or the kitchen table... or the bathroom counter... or the shower... He!! why not all of it!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Did you cleary tell him this? I ask because I clearly told the luckiest man in the world this and it is exactly what I got. He picked a restaurant, made reservations, presented me with a small gift when he picked me up, opened doors, helped with my jacket, held chairs, everything. I enjoyed it so much, he did it again. And again. And again. And he still does it long after we've moved in together - no special occassions needed.

I've been married damn near forever by today's standards. Yes, I have told him what I want. Does it ever happen? No. Do I love him with all my heart? Absolutely. It's not his fault he was born without the romantic gene. It just gets old. I can't seem to make him realize how much something like this would mean to me.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    For my most recent birthday my husband prearranged a weekend trip for me and some girlfriends and my sisters to go to the beach. Rented us a little condo and we had a blast! It was a great gift because I got to spend time with my close family members and we got to enjoy just girl time.
  • wolfpack77
    Options

I've been married damn near forever by today's standards. Yes, I have told him what I want. Does it ever happen? No. Do I love him with all my heart? Absolutely. It's not his fault he was born without the romantic gene. It just gets old. I can't seem to make him realize how much something like this would mean to me.

You'll forgive me if I don't believe that you were as direct with him as you were with us. Because if you were you wouldn't be complaining right now. I'm quite sure if he saw what you wrote here it would motivate him. It might even make him feel guilty. But I'll put money on the fact that he didn't see this post, and probably never will. If you give me his email address I will be glad to forward it to him for you so there can be no confusion.

Be direct and be honest. Don't beat around the bush. You can't place blame on him until you've tried this approach.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Have you tried asking her?