What does a woman really want for her birthday

Options

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl and last Christmas my hubby bought me diamond earrings. That was the ****......another thing you could do is dinner and a Victoria's Secret gift card......

Samantha
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Ipad, iPod, kindle, surprise party. Btw, your a great guy and I hope she appreciates the effort you're making.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What not to get: any kind of cleaning appliances or cooking appliances.

I understand this. I do.

Having said that, I got my wife a vacuum cleaner for her birthday one year, and it's still one of her favorite gifts ever. (It's not *just* a vacuum cleaner. It's a built-in all-house vacuum cleaner that I had to install - but it's still a "cleaning appliance.")

Having said that, if you're going to go with a cleaning appliance or cooking appliance... you'd better be sure that's what she really wants. ;)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

bustedtees.e1a142d10f681d8d5ec880b7340d2270.gif

And That's the way you doooo it..!!
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A very nice Coach purse and some roses.

What if money is an issue? Can he get an Assistant Coach? :laugh:
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Jewelry (if she wears it). Mikimoto pearls would be a great gift -- a decent strand of pearls is timeless. You can find Sea Magic Pearls by Mikimoto at chains like Kay Jewelers for about $400; or you can spend thousands for the higher end Mikimoto pearls.

A get-away to a B&B.

Tickets to a nice show in the city. LIVE show. (Movies are too impersonal, and are NOT my ideal date!)

If it's flowers, then have them in a vase, so I don't have to cut and arrange them. (Or a corsage to wear on date night)

A surprise birthday party. (Have never had one!)

Ballroom dance lessons for two.

A local spa day, with a massage and pampering, as preparation for a date night that evening with romance. (A a corsage to wear for a nice dinner (not a chain restaurant), followed by live theater, followed by dancing, followed by a night in a B&B ...

I can dream, can't I?!?

One year my husband brought me a single serving of a chocolate mousee desert, and some chocolate covered strawberries. He put them on one of our fancy plates, in a nice arrangement. That was all ... and I loved it!
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ...grab a box

Cut a hole in the box....

Put your winky in said box.

LOL. That is what I gave her last year.... said thank you, this is what I always wanted :) then like most toys, never played with it again :(

Lolzz
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    HOW ABOUT GREEN BAY PACKERS SEASON TICKETS!! THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!:drinker: :love: :love: :love:
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    HOW ABOUT GREEN BAY PACKERS SEASON TICKETS!! THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!:drinker: :love: :love: :love:

Oh yeah, that's an easy thing to get...if you don't mind waiting 50 years!
  • alexp74
    Options
    I usually get my wife a weekend away, a nice dinner, jewelery etc. I asked her what she wants this year...a dishwasher. I'm torn between the nice weekend away I had planned in Vermont and getting the dishwasher. It will probably work out fine though, our anniversary is before her birthday and then Christmas is a month later so I guess it should be fine.

But I'm from the school of thought of never buy appliances for a birthday
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm super easy to please. I love Yankee Candles so I'm always very happy to get a new large jar. I think they're a little spendy so that's a special occasion thing for me.

I also love clothes so my husband usually sends me to the mall for my birthday, which I look forward to all year. This year he bought me clothes and a diamond/tanzanite cross necklace.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Jewelry... My husband has bought be a few nice pieces, im surprised he has good taste lol

My birthday is in two weeks.... And I want a spa treatment, and a new Michael Kors bag.

He's pretty smart, everytime we walk by MK, I always casually mention how much i need a new bag and he just smirks!!

Pretty cute, for Mothers day he went to M.A.C. and bought me a TON of makeup i had purchased in the past. He knew to do this because M.A.C. keeps their customers in the data base.... So i go to open up my gift and its everything in the shade i need it, the color i like it in, new brushes etc... It was such a great gift!!!!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask, as my birthday is in 3 weeks. I've already pointed out 2 pieces of jewelry to my hubby that have caught my eye. He knows he can never go wrong with jewelry. :wink:
  • alexp74
    Options
    I'm super easy to please. I love Yankee Candles so I'm always very happy to get a new large jar. I think they're a little spendy so that's a special occasion thing for me.

I also love clothes so my husband usually sends me to the mall for my birthday, which I look forward to all year. This year he bought me clothes and a diamond/tanzanite cross necklace.

I enjoy picking out clothes to get my wife but it is not without its missteps. I have come a long way from accidentally purchasing a size 1 shirt when I needed a 1x. She eventually stopped teasing me if I have to ask her what her current size is!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Top gifts I've had:

- An owl pellet with a whole mouse skeleton in it- presented in a hand decorated cat-shaped box
    - A bird skull
    - A tooth in a hand decorated bottle
    - Art books

I like anything that shows that they have listened to me and considered what I might like- regardless of cost. I really love things that have been found, or handmade - or from someones past e.g. earings they had when they were a teenager etc.

I'd really love some lingerie - something delicate and classy- but no boyfriend has ever got up the nerve to get it for fear of picking the wrong style or size.
  • jodi41086
    Options
    I want new Workout shoes!! Jewerly is always get I am a ring kinda girl I lose earring expensive or cheap in the first 24 hours
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    ...grab a box

bustedtees.e1a142d10f681d8d5ec880b7340d2270.gif

And That's the way you doooo it..!!

this and a nice spa day..
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

I enjoy picking out clothes to get my wife but it is not without its missteps. I have come a long way from accidentally purchasing a size 1 shirt when I needed a 1x. She eventually stopped teasing me if I have to ask her what her current size is!

But that's very sweet of you to go out and make the effort, pick out something that you think that she would like, etc. Very sweet! When I say that I got clothes I mean.... I got his credit card and sent to the mall without kids for a few hours, lol. :)
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I personally would love a bottle of Il Cantante wine. It would take some doing...an above and beyond effort to secure it. If I ever got it I would know I was loved because of the effort it would take to get it. I'd actually like 2 bottles. One to drink and one to look at.:drinker:
  • FJMilner
    Options
    Anything that shows you've put thought and effort into it....something she wouldn't dream of buying for herself but you think she deserves. Make her feel pampered and loved and spoilt.....the trick is finding that something!! Everyone is different, what one woman might love, another would hate. Just spoil her with things you know she loves :wink: