Arby's??

Options

Replies

• 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb....if it fits in your goals, eat it

Providing you understand very well what is in it and that you are about to ingest a sodium bomb.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Well I would typically prescribe to you the roast beef. However, Arby's roast beef is not beef at all. They make the "meat" from a gelatin mix and then bake it and slice it. It is not real meat.

Trustworthy source please. While it's not fresh from the butcher and is more processed, of course it's meat.

Yes, eat the Arby's! I frequently get a JR and only eat half the bun, but all of the meat. Yum.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eat it. That is not that many calories and a big greasy cheese burger would be much worse so if you want fast food, go to Arbys!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    hmmmm curly fries....
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Mmmmm....jalapeno poppers!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Well I would typically prescribe to you the roast beef. However, Arby's roast beef is not beef at all. They make the "meat" from a gelatin mix and then bake it and slice it. It is not real meat.

Please dont listen to this trash.
  • Beautiful189
    Options
    What about a smoothie or a grilled chicken sandwich from Mc Donalds??
  • omma_to_3
    Options

Those would both likely have more calories than the Arby's Jr. Though grilled chicken is likely a larger sandwich and would be more filling. You can find all the info on McDonald's website for calories and such.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

The real question is why fast food?

As people have said, if it is within your calorie goals...do it, but you can get so much more out of non junk food for your calories worth.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Take her up on the Arby's sandwich AND the grilled chicken sandwich. Then take the tomato you were going to eat from the tomato/mayo sandwich and put it on the grilled chicken sandwich. Voila! You now have two pretty decent sandwiches with a good bit of protein and the fresh tomato :) Don't do the mayo. Unless you just love mayo. Forget that smoothie... it's mostly sugar.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Roast Beef MAX... yum!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    It's 210 cal and 6 grams of fat.

Have two
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options

Thankfully not true -->> http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp
  • Beautiful189
    Options
    I talked my gma into going to mc donalds to get a snack wrap. (grilled chicken).
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    it has a ton of protein and you should NEVER make mayo one of the ingredients on a sandwich!

You should NEVER say never.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Is that your only option? I think Arby's has some decent options on their "market fresh" menu, just ask for no mayo. It's been an incredibly long time since and I ate there and I don't eat meat anyway.... so what do I know
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    what about weight??

Re-read what I said. IF IT FITS YOUR GOALS, then you can eat it. This is a simple process, not a micromanagement.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I talked my gma into going to mc donalds to get a snack wrap. (grilled chicken).

Not worth stressing. You would have been fine with Arbys also unless you just prefer the Mc Donalds.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    It's 210 cal and 6 grams of fat.

Have two

naa..
    Macros get better when you have the largest roast beef... its still twice (or three times) the meat, but only one bun.