Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I am going to do the Halloween Challenge.
    I am going for 5,000 steps a day. Which is 35,000 a week and 250,000 by 10/31. I will go for 10 flights of stairs every week day.

My average for the last 30 days is 3,713 steps a day.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I wish it was Friday, 4:30 pm. >.<
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your hump day. I had a great day yesterday. My husband and I went and picked up our new car. it is a 2013 chevy malibu. This is our very first brand new car in the twenty years we have been married so we are pretty stoked. We dont have a whole lot planned today. Hubby is always pretty tired when he first gets home. He works 12 hr days 7 days a week for three months at a time. So I can totally understand him being "lazy" for a couple of days.I have been thinking about the halloween challenge and would like to participate since that kind of thing is usually very motivating for me but not sure yet on a goal so I will think on it for a day or so and get back to you all. My wish for wednesday is that having hubby home doesnt derail how well I have been doing. He doesnt sabatoge on purpose but he is a picky eater so I will need to cook two different things for most dinners when i cant sneak healthier alternatives in and be very careful as we will probably eat out a lot more. I loved reading all the dog stories they were very cute. i have an eight year black lab named chelsie. She orients more to my son though so doesnt come to me for attention alot unless he isnt around. Well everyone have a great day.
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @GrammyWhammy - thanks for all the great ideas! I'm making my grocery list now.
  • vinsonh42
    Options
    I am sorry I have been MIA for almost a week now. I had to take some time to get my head on straight and I am not committed to this weight loss more than ever. I did a little c25k again last night. 5/8 rounds of it. Really need to get fitted for shoes and tape my ankle i think that will help significantly. My breathing is fine. I actually did a few second sprint why you may ask.... well i thought I heard something in the trees and my first instinct is that it is a dangerous animal so I sprinted off. My poor sister cracked up and asked why I ran off so fast out of no where. I say my poor sister because if there had been a dangerous animal she would have been in trouble. Yes I am a little paranoid from time to time.

Wednesday wish: I wish that my mom would start walking and eating better and switch back to her electronic cigarettes. I just found out that she was born with a heart condition. I didn't find out from her but from my sister who was told by my grandmother. I can't even say anything to her because I'm not supposed to know. The scary part is she sometimes complains of chest pains and refuses to go to the doctor because she says she'll go when she knows for sure she is having a heart attack. I could go on and on about this but I don't wanna cry at work.

I would like to join the halloween challenge. I think it would be a good thing for me. I want to walk/jog a combined total of at least 45 minutes 5 days a week.

Have a great wednesday!

~Lana
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wow Wed already!!

I am sorry have not had time to read any posts school is kicking my butt along with the new addition of my boyfriends two boys.

My wed wish is that you could go to sleep and wake up at whatever weight you wanted to be. I also wish for strength to stay motivated as I completely start over from scratch.

I joined the gym my job built for us so working out after work will make it easy to get into a routine I hope.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am just going to hop on here and put out my Tuesday Goal and Wed Wish, since I couldn't yesterday... Super busy day! I will do some personal responses tonight after my walk. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Tuesday Goals:
    I walked 11 miles last week, 10 miles the week before... This week, I think I will try for 12. :bigsmile: My hip bothered me a bit after my walk last night, but it was likely my fastest pace to date. So tonight I will slow it down a bit. My goal for Halloween is 49 miles total.... I have 46.62 miles to go.

As far as my September goals-

I am still working on being consistent even when out with others. My mom's birthday was an example... I ate half a carrot cake cupcake and got a huge sugar crash headache after. I just have to remind myself of that cupcake!

I still have not made it into the gym. I am going to be forced to once the weather gets cold and wet though.... maybe I will bite the bullet this weekend.

Wednesday wish- I had more time!!! :wink:

HAVE A FANTABULOUS DAY!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends, hope you are all doing well and choosing those calories wisely today. Belle and I got our walk in this morning and then I had to go to Bankrupcy (sp) court. Had lots of medical bills and credit card debt since I became disabled and couldn't work anymore. I felt very bad about having to do that, but there was no way I would be able to pay it off on my Social Security Disability. I had one of my sons go with me for support and to drive me there so I wouldn't get lost. He is such a good son. Since I have made my 1st goal of losing 50 lbs he is going to buy me a fitbit in October. I can't wait!!!

Wednesday wish is for all those who are hurting physically and/or emotionally to feel better.

Doug, that was good motivation, thanks.

Christine
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - wish I could stay motivated. I've been going through the motions for over a week now. The needle is barely moving, I feel like I am working my butt off, hungry all the time, and my reward is bupkis.

So far behind on thread catcherupperology that I'm just starting over again. Hope I haven't missed too much.

aug
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I am just going to hop on here and put out my Tuesday Goal and Wed Wish, since I couldn't yesterday... Super busy day! I will do some personal responses tonight after my walk. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Tuesday Goals:
    I walked 11 miles last week, 10 miles the week before... This week, I think I will try for 12. :bigsmile: My hip bothered me a bit after my walk last night, but it was likely my fastest pace to date. So tonight I will slow it down a bit. My goal for Halloween is 49 miles total.... I have 46.62 miles to go.

As far as my September goals-

I am still working on being consistent even when out with others. My mom's birthday was an example... I ate half a carrot cake cupcake and got a huge sugar crash headache after. I just have to remind myself of that cupcake!

I still have not made it into the gym. I am going to be forced to once the weather gets cold and wet though.... maybe I will bite the bullet this weekend.

Wednesday wish- I had more time!!! :wink:

HAVE A FANTABULOUS DAY!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Too funny, Nicole~its just the opposite here. I need the gym in the summer because of the heat! :laugh:
  • vickiecarr
    Options
    I love this community, such positive feedback and encouragement!!!! I need to lose around 144 and would love to make friends on here for support and encouragement....I am so inspired by all of you :)
    -Vickie :)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi - just checking in - am not having the best morning but have enjoyed reading the thread - all the dog and cat stories cheered me up and the personal motivation stories are always so stirring.

Tina - way to go starting the C25K

Doug - your story is so inspiring esp. reading about the effects on your 2 sons.

Grammy - great lists of 'getting by " snacks.

Am expecting rain today and its very welcome here. I need to spend a day in bed - was up too much yesterday and just overdid it. The hospital has been doing a fine job of calling every day, asking about my drainage (LOTS!) and my pain levels (controlled if I take meds on time) (forgot this am- :grumble: ) and ability to sit on my behind - a major goal and not achievable yet. :sad:
    sorry TMI!!!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Had an opportunity to drop in for a bit. Able to catchup on the posts so far.

@Doug that was so inspiring thank you for sharing.I like the reminder we are so focus on us in this journey we forget sometimes how we effect others in our lives.:smile:

@Christine, Hey wish I could give you a big hug right now. I know it must be hard but sometimes you just got to do what you half too. We are here for you. :flowerforyou:
    @BigAug--what ever it takes sometimes just going through the mechanics is what we must do to get going. Hang in there..
    @Robin I am so sorry you are hurting hoping your meds kick in quickly.:flowerforyou:
    @Nicole I keep talking about joining the Y I need to cause come winter I will need it. I think I am afraid of the commitment. As with food I was afraid to go out and invest in lots of special foods for me. I was afraid of buying it taking money from my family budget and not really changing. After a week our 2 of sticking to the calorie goal I realise Maybe this time.. So stop being afraid of buying healthier changing my grocery lists etc. I think it's now the y and I know this is a journey and this is a tool I will need. Anyway sorry didn't mean to turn this about me but I understand.

Wednesday wish: To develop better workout habits.

Take care everyone,
    Liz:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    New here! *waves* Here is my Wednesday wish: I would like to stop torturing myself over things that have happened and I cannot change. I would like to care about my future again, instead of live as numbly as possible day to day. And I hope that doesnt mean being unhappy more often than not, because I think that is when I opted for numbness to begin with. Also I wish to be excited about the gym as I walk there tonight and get ready to go there tonight.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vicki and Beeyour!

I had a follow up Dr appt last night, I have to see him monthly since the stroke.....I got such a "good job!" that I don't need to go back for SIX MONTHS. Which is a shame 'cause my Dr is pretty darn good looking. He's thrilled with the weight loss, happy with the recovery from the stroke and he was pretty happy with what I'm eating (I printed out a month's worth of food logs and took them with me).

He raised his eyebrow a few times t things like pizza and ice cream but as i pointed out to him, it's fitting into my macros (even if it's forced) and I need to live and eat in a reasonable way. I eat those things sometimes, almost always within my macros and it's helped me stick to this without any any real major backslides.

He did suggest I stay on my glucophage for a bit longer since it has appetite suppression properties to it. I don't actually NEED it since my last two A1Cs were fantastic but he suggested I stay on it until I'm much closer to my goal weight to make things easier on myself and since it won't hurt me.

Wednesday wish - that Cheetos had no sugar and no salt in them (and tasted the same).
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Too funny, Nicole~its just the opposite here. I need the gym in the summer because of the heat! :laugh:

that's how i am too. i loathe being hot. i always feel like some kind of fugue is being lifted whenever fall rolls around
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Bump :heart:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish ....

For my children to grow up to become healthy adults with no obesity problems.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: That my daughter (22 years old) could get rid of this infection with cryptosporidium. It is nasty, nasty stuff. She was in the hospital Sunday night and all day Monday. Yesterday did pretty well. I had to come home today to be with her, because her stomach cramps are unbearable. The doc ordered a med to help with the cramping, but she doesn't seem to be getting better. We are going to the doctor this pm. It might seem weird that I came home to stay with my 22 year old daughter, but she has an anxiety disorder and thinks she is dieing (really!), and she will always be my little girl. :love:
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Raven -- re brothers who can eat anything; men do get this a bit easier, and young men in particular. But when they study people who can eat anything, they find that they tend to use up loads of energy in their daily lives, and in practice don't eat as much as they think they do. They're just better at not eating when they're not hungry (something I have always been hopeless at).

@BohemianCoast That explains a lot actually. :O It didn't even occur to me. That might explain why he can't seem to build much muscle.

It just occurred to me that my family has horrible eating habits. :/ I really need to find a way to fix that.