Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    Options
    nope.. I follow the Body by Me program :laugh:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    :laugh: very amusing post to read through.

Seriously though, the problem is that people think that the shakes "work". You would get the same results eating *gasp* REAL FOOD rather than drinking these stupid things. If you're only using them because you're too lazy to cook breakfast in the morning, then sure, go for it.
    If you're using it for weight loss then it's really a huge waste of money. Buy some food, eat and enjoy. These shakes are nothing more than a filler for people who are too lazy to get in the kitchen and cook a meal.

So the fact that I already get up at 5am for my 75 minute commute to work in the morning, am not normally very hungry first thing and prefer to drink a quick shake for breakfast instead of making "real food", and choose to drink another shake at lunch at my desk because I use my lunch hour to work out instead of socialize and eat crap for lunch like most of the people I work with makes me LAZY?!? Give your head a shake lady. Stop judging people for choosing to do something different than what you do. :angry:

They're for convenience. Why would you choose to drink a shake rather than eat an actual balanced lunch? You don't have to 'eat crap' or socialize.

EXACTLY!!!

Seriously, go eat a sandwich if you like and leave me and my shakes alone. I dont have to justify anything to you. I enjoy them, it works for my lifestyle and thats all Ive ever stated. Nuff said.
  • mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love how some people are ready to bash and report people and products. When people buy stuff from the store and share how great it worked for them, NO ONE bashes or reports them, we encourage the PERSON on how great it works for them. Think about what you say and do.

ViSalus, HerbaLife, or Shakeology or any other product, DO work, if you follow it with diet and exercise. Most of us have used protein shakes... it enhances our fat burning. These products help normal everyday people make 5-10% on the purchase instead of some Corporation Xmart making 90% profit. Research and Learn instead of bashing and report.

Lets respect and encourage each other. <3

well said!

DITTO !!!!!

I agree as well. :drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Seriously though, the problem is that people think that the shakes "work". You would get the same results eating *gasp* REAL FOOD rather than drinking these stupid things. If you're only using them because you're too lazy to cook breakfast in the morning, then sure, go for it.
    If you're using it for weight loss then it's really a huge waste of money. Buy some food, eat and enjoy. These shakes are nothing more than a filler for people who are too lazy to get in the kitchen and cook a meal.

So the fact that I already get up at 5am for my 75 minute commute to work in the morning, am not normally very hungry first thing and prefer to drink a quick shake for breakfast instead of making "real food", and choose to drink another shake at lunch at my desk because I use my lunch hour to work out instead of socialize and eat crap for lunch like most of the people I work with makes me LAZY?!? Give your head a shake lady. Stop judging people for choosing to do something different than what you do. :angry:

They're for convenience. Why would you choose to drink a shake rather than eat an actual balanced lunch? You don't have to 'eat crap' or socialize.

EXACTLY!!!

Seriously, go eat a sandwich if you like and leave me and my shakes alone. I dont have to justify anything to you. I enjoy them, it works for my lifestyle and thats all Ive ever stated. Nuff said.

Why are you engaging in dialogue about it if you don't want anyone else to comment on your shakes? Everyone would have left you alone if you never posted in this thread about it, but you voluntarily opened this topic, clicked "reply" and posted your opinion about it in a public forum.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!

..Then stop trying to justify it to me. lol.

That's great that it works for you. The fact is that it's a pyramid scheme and the shakes are not necessary to lose weight. They only help you lose weight if you can't exercise regular portion control by eating real food, so you could drink this as a filler instead. Weight loss is acheivable EITHER WAY. These don't "work", is my point. It's just something people do optionally instead of consuming a meal. Far from necessary to lose weight.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Ok my two cents. My cousin was 569, and managed to drop to around 475 (give or take a little) just by eating veggies and fruits and exercise. He then started doing the BBV thing, and he was really happy when he was losing 10 to 12lbs a week. Now he is down to 399, but he is struggling to get it off with BBV (he lost only 2lbs this past week, and the week before I think was only 2-4), and he does the two shakes plus normal meal.

Me, I am eating (still working on eating cleaner) and exercising, and am losing slow but steady. :bigsmile:

To each their own, he does it his way, I do it my way, and we will see who is healthier after, and the funny thing is that my aunt had a bag of the stuff that she bought from someone, and took it into her doctor. Doc told her she didn't need it. Well, a couple of weeks ago, she gave it to my cousin and said "doc said I don't need it, therefore i'm not using it." and truly and honestly, just eat right and exercise and the weight will come off and stay off. :flowerforyou:
  • Jxnsmma
    Options
    [/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

[/quote]

Why are you engaging in dialogue about it if you don't want anyone else to comment on your shakes? Everyone would have left you alone if you never posted in this thread about it, but you voluntarily opened this topic, clicked "reply" and posted your opinion about it in a public forum.
    [/quote]

I dont understand why people who have never used what the OP originally inquired about even bothered to open the thread other than to be a negative busybody. All you 2 want to do is bash something youve never tried and have no experience with and be the MFP forum police. I have no problem with someone who knows what they are talking about commenting on what I choose to ingest.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Fyi, she posted the same topic on 9/5/12.

At least SOME people around here have the brains to smell bull when they see it.

(it's not like I've ever wanted to be friends with someone because they drank Diet Pepsi and started multiple threads about it)

But I'll tell you you're more likely to get yourself a strike for saying you don't like this junk then for trying to sell it. These "coaches" or whatever the crap they are love to click the report button when you say you don't like their precious little drinks.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight using Shaklee Cinch shakes. Works great until you go back to life... The problem is it's unsustainable and very expensive. You can't live off of shakes forever, and you shouldn't! I wouldn't waste money on it. Work on life style changes and healthier food choices and you'll see sustainable weight loss for a fraction of the price. Good luck - you can do it!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I dont sell anything, but i REALLY like this one brand of toilet paper. I mean, its so soft and cleans well! Oh wait.. everyone uses TP? so there is one costing $3.00 and one costing $10.00, but i get to choose which one to use?

WOW.. amazing. We are adults, who get to CHOOSE what we want to put in our bodies. AND... *gasp* we can do that without being bashed or judged? Oh, my bad.. i forgot, we are on MFP.

GROW UP PEOPLE. She didnt ask for negative thoughts from people who DO NOT and HAVE NEVER used it.

Didnt your mother teach you manners? If you dont have something nice to say...

then write about it on MFP? Geesh.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I used to be bald, had a bum knee, a lazy eye and was 200 lbs overweight. Since I started Body By Vi my hair has come back, I am not only walking again but running 10 miles/day, my eye has fixed itself and I have lost 170 lbs. I still have 30 lbs to go but I'm getting pretty darn close. This is as close as I can find to a miracle product. I just need to fund someone else to buy some from so I can stock up before they raise the prices......with something this good they can't keep it that cheap forever.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I used to be bald, had a bum knee, a lazy eye and was 200 lbs overweight. Since I started Body By Vi my hair has come back, I am not only walking again but running 10 miles/day, my eye has fixed itself and I have lost 170 lbs. I still have 30 lbs to go but I'm getting pretty darn close. This is as close as I can find to a miracle product. I just need to fund someone else to buy some from so I can stock up before they raise the prices......with something this good they can't keep it that cheap forever.

You know, you really aren't helping their cause here..... :laugh:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I started on the Body by Vi shakes about a month ago. I am down 14 lbs since starting them. I came back to Myfitnesspal to log my food and calories though, because it helps me remain mindful of what I'm eating. Still staying around 1200/cal day. I have two shakes, one full meal and a couple of snacks. After a month, it's really affected my appetite, too.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this product. The plan is to go to one shake for breakfast and two meals once I reach my goal weight. It's working great for me -- just concerned, of course, about what happens when I'm trying to maintain.

Thanks!
    sorrie no i prefure real food
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

*raises hands* Me, me, me!!!! :bigsmile:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I dont sell anything, but i REALLY like this one brand of toilet paper. I mean, its so soft and cleans well! Oh wait.. everyone uses TP? so there is one costing $3.00 and one costing $10.00, but i get to choose which one to use?

WOW.. amazing. We are adults, who get to CHOOSE what we want to put in our bodies. AND... *gasp* we can do that without being bashed or judged? Oh, my bad.. i forgot, we are on MFP.

GROW UP PEOPLE. She didnt ask for negative thoughts from people who DO NOT and HAVE NEVER used it.

Didnt your mother teach you manners? If you dont have something nice to say...

then write about it on MFP? Geesh.

To be fair though, some of the negative comments were from people who had tried it or had close relatives/friend who had used the product with limited success.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

It made me taller and erased my freckles.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Fyi, she posted the same topic on 9/5/12.

oh_snap.gif
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    even though my answer is against popular opinion, I will answer.

Disclaimer, I am not signed up through visalus, I do not sell their product nor can anyone sign up under me since I'm not signed up. A good friend gifted me this product and then I was also able to buy it on amazon(individual bag) without signing up for anything.

I personally really like it. Is it better than other shakes etc. out there, probably not but it was given to me for free so I gave it a shot. I am doing great. I have no problem sticking to my calories even when I don't use the shakes(weekends I tend to just eat whatever I make the family). So shakes or not, I still get the same caloric intake. I personally like the taste, I like that they make me feel full(I've heard others say they don't feel full, but I do), I like the convenience. I've never been a big eater, most my calories were from soda(all day long) so this works well for me. My friend just sent me 4 more bags for free, so I will def. continue to use it. If I were paying for it, Im not sure what I would do, but I'm not so for now I'll continue on.
  • spoiledmiss
    Options
    I've used BBV since February and while I havent lost incredible amounts of weight, I have lost some. I somehow did not get caught up in the whole monthly shipment thing and buy mine from another source which is cheaper and I only get it when I want it.

I like that shakes but it is no different than counting calories any other way. I still get hungry after a couple hours and need a snack but I make better choices or I did until this summer came about and I got to sleep in since my kid was out of school. I'm now back to trying this again and hopefully will find the same success I did 19 pounds ago. One thing I dont do, which is probably why the weight isnt melting off is that I dont subscribe to the whole 1200 calories a day, I would starve if I did that and not succeed, I use the amount of calories that MFP suggests.

The shakes are good I usually use cocoa powder, 1/2 a banana and PB2 powder...so good :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Options

Im sorry, but didnt you just post on another thread that you drink a shake after your workout because youre hungry and too tired to cook? Whats the difference...