What's the story behind your profile picture?

Options

Replies

• heatherrio
    Options
    New year's eve last year!
  • InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Was at work, it was cold out and I felt cozy in my office so it brought a smile to my face and I took a picture. :tongue:
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    A few months ago a close friend asked me to be a bridesmaid. Although uncomfortable I agreed knowing I would be the heaviest bridesmaid of the group. I had been losing weight, but had miles to go (still have 15-20 to go). I ordered the dress over the phone, and worried endlessly because I felt the dress would be too small. When I received it, I could put it on, but could not move, sit, etc. A couple of weeks later I could breathe a little easier, but still not sit. Two weeks later, I could sit straight up. Two weeks later I could more comfortably. Two weeks later I could put the dress on without unzipping it. Three weeks before the wedding I had the dress altered, and it had to be taken in. The day of the wedding, we had to tighten the neckline, because the dress was a little big again. The picture is of me in my bridesmaid dress thrilled because of the progress I have made over these past couple of years; a reminder of how far I have come, which has made the effort worthwhile. A reminder to never forget the moment when I fit in and looked pretty much like everyone else for the first time. If you are struggling, please don't give up. Everyday is a challenge, but I would never go back for anything.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My first outfit that is a size Medium - first in my entire adult life! Woo Hoo!!! :)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    The story of Bambi.

I don't really have any pictures of myself, so I picked this. When I was a toddler I was often nicknamed "Thumper" (the Dutch name is cuter: "Stampertje"), because I permanently had that hyper look on my face and when I got excited about something I would thump my feet :). And I was a Disney-addict as a kid.
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mine is of Me & hubby pregnant with baby #4 at a Mardi Gras tableau & ball for the Krewe of Hercules, my hubby is a member and float rider for this Mardi Gras club.
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The waters of Cancun = My happy place! :)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A picture of our 25 wedding anniversay gift to us.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I took this picture because I like my t shirt, "Pain, never heard of it." Figured, good for a fitness site.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Riding down an escalator at the Magic Fountains of Barcelona. It was truly magical.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I love to hike. This picture was taken on my honeymoon, while hiking with my husband.
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I needed a change.....got rid of an a*hole and starting to better my life, so I wanted a different look!!! :)
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    it was my oldest 3 first day of the 2012-2013 school year and then my youngest wanted his 'sissy' so hes in it also <3
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No reason. I just though I looked f*cking hott that day so I took a few pics ;-)
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I decided to sex up my look and become a redhead.

Mission Accomplished!!! :bigsmile:
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I was insanely bored one day about a year ago, so I took a picture of myself. haha Just bored. :)
  • farfoorah
    Options
    No reason as well, I also just thought I looked f*cking hot that day....=)
  • KatrinaNG
    Options
    I had just finished an 8k last Sunday (9/9) and was so proud of the accomplishment! The thrill of victory...the agony of the "feet"...LOL :laugh:
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Self portrait on my last day of vacation. The touch of facial hair that took over ten days to get to that point was gone the next day. Like remembering the times we had.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It was my son's birthday, and I took him and my daughter to Chuck E Cheese for the afternoon. There was a booth there that did sketches instead of photos, so I sat in it. Or more accurately, I folded myself into it. The sketch came out looking alright, so I used it.