low cal BUT DELICIOUS snack ideas?

Options

Replies

• StaycJulia
    Options
    I love the Hungry Girl "Holy Moly Cannoli" recipie.
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=868567

Sugar free/fat free pudding or 85% dark chocolate grated over fresh strawberries when I am craving something rich and sweet.

Another good recipie: Mock Apple Pie, made in the microwave. Quick, easy and less than 100 clories.
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=8755
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 cal popcorn bags because there is actually a good amount in there!

I love Chuckie cheese light string cheese- 50 cals a piece

The only sad thing about everything I love is that it's loaded with sodium... Pickles with a piece of lunchmeat wrapped around it, jerky, etc.

Definitely try the 90 cal Fiber one brownies. They are really good! And you can't beat Skinny Cow icecream. It's delicious and low cal.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Take something you love - let's say, chocolate chip cookies. Now, take a cardboard box and draw some chocolate chip cookies on it. Cut out the cookies you just drew, and eat them. These are the lowest-calorie cookies you will find anywhere! And the recipe is adjustable, so if you prefer macadamia nut cookies, just draw those, and bam! Macadamia nut cookies with virtually none of the fat, sugar, or calories!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Oreo thins peanut butter sandwiches. One package of Oreo thins (100 calories) and a teaspoon of peanut butter (about 31 calories). Enjoy!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is a cup of frozen berries with a small amount of Greek yogurt of your choice on top. Kind of like ice cream. Under 200 Cal.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Rold gold cheddar cheese pretzels

Weight watchers candy bar icecream bars (just like a snickers icecream!)

Smartfood white cheddar popcorn 100 calorie packs

Kashi TLC oatmeal cookies w/ choc chips (so yummy warmed up to melt)

Nabisco 100 calorie Oreo Dipped Delight bars (chewy like a brownie)

Baked Lays chips, sour cream & onion or cheddar & sour cream baked Ruffles

Frozen raspberries (half thawed but still frosty yummmmm)

Skinny Cow icecream bars

HEEHEE. OBVIOUSLY I LIKE A LOT OF TREATS, LOL. THESE ARE ALL YUMMY AND LOW-CAL BUT DON'T TASTE LIKE A DIET SNACK
  • donnajward30
    Options
    How much of the chick peas are a serving? Same with the kale? I want to give these a go! I'm a serious snacker! :wink:
  • caty92
    caty92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 cal popcorn bags because there is actually a good amount in there!

I love Chuckie cheese light string cheese- 50 cals a piece

The only sad thing about everything I love is that it's loaded with sodium... Pickles with a piece of lunchmeat wrapped around it, jerky, etc.

Definitely try the 90 cal Fiber one brownies. They are really good! And you can't beat Skinny Cow icecream. It's delicious and low cal.

Fiber one brownies are AMAZING
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    My other post got eaten. I'm not sure why.

The #1 point about snacking: Always pair protein with the carbohydrates you eat.

Go ahead and eat the Gullon Original Maria biscuits, but eat half of them and pair them with peanut butter, or cheese, or almonds, or dip them in cottage cheese, whatever, get creative.

The point is that if you simply eat the carbohydrate by itself your body gets an immediate blood sugar spike, but that is followed by a corresponding blood sugar crash, and that leads to more hunger and more snacking.

The three biggest take aways I had from my meeting with a dietician:
    #1) Shift my energy intake to match my energy output. (If you exercise in the morning, eat more in the morning.)
    #2) Always pair protein with carbohydrates.
    #3) Use the plate method for lunch and dinner: 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch, 1/2 non-starchy vegetables.

I don't binge anymore. I don't usually get hungry between meals anymore, but if I do, I go ahead and snack. But I make sure that if I snack on carbohydrate I also eat protein at the same time. This gives the body the blood sugar fix it wants, but also longer-term fuel from the protein to stave off hunger later.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    no sugar applesauce (my 1 guilty fruit allowance)
    cheese sticks
    100 cal almond packs
    natural peanut butter (alittle high @ 200-240 per serving)
    turkey pepperoni
    sweetened home mixed yougurt ( 0% plain greek + dunan hines flavor pack + splenda w/ fiber, 4oz less than 70 cals)
    sunflower seeds (again, alittle high at 190-220)
    100 cal pop corn packs
    beef jerky (athough I try to avoid it, too much salt)

and i hate to say it, but a good old plain hershey's chocolate bar - 1 equals 200-220 (i forget which) and sometimes you just need chocolate. I try to go for dark when I can, but this in LIMITED amounts, I accept into my life :)
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    canteloupe smoothie: 1.5c canteloupe, .5 banana (both frozen) blended with .5 c almond milk and water.
    It's less than 200 calories, so filling and tastes like frosty dessert.

also love celery w/ 1tbsp PB and 1.5 tbsp raisins.
    less than 200

and apples with cinnamon and almonds

and my new favorite- baked sweet potato cut into chunks with so salt added baby asian corn and edamame, mixed together and chilled and eaten cold. mmm!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    for salty, I have 2-3 Hot Rods: 125 Cal's. for sweet, fat-free pudding-60 cal
  • KSofiak
    Options
    I have quite a few healthy desert recipes by Dr. Furhman. I have only tried two of his cookie recipes and they are very tasty! my incredibly unhealthy boyfriend even enjoys them lol. I am not sure on the calories b/c I haven't added them into my recipes on my account yet. Here are the recipes:

Cashew Cookies - approximately 2 dozen.

1 cup raw cashew butter
    1 cup oats
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/3 cup date sugar
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Unsweetened strawberry jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend oats in a food processor until they have the consistency of flour. Pour blended ingredients into a large bowl and stir in all the remaining ingredients except the jam. Mix thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. With your fingertip, form a small well in the center of each cookie. Place a small amount of jam in each well. Bake for 15 minutes.

Banana Nut Cookies – approx. 25 cookies

¼ cup pitted dates
    ¼ cup regular soy milk
    1 cup walnuts
    1 cup pecans
    1 cup grated coconut
    4 ripe bananas
    2 teaspoons cinnamon

Cover dates in soy milk and soak overnight. Place the nuts and coconut in a food processor and grind to a coarse meal. Add the bananas, dates (with the soaking soy milk), and cinnamon and mix to form the dough. Take the thick mixture out of the food processor and spoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake in the oven at a low heat (250 degrees) for 30 minutes.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    root beer float:

1 can (12oz) diet root beer
    1/3 cup skim milk
    ice

28 calories!!!

This sounds delicious I think I will give it a try.

Tonight I had Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa dark chocolate. It hit the spot and not to bad calorie wise.
  • michelxj
    Options
    You can swap out half the butter for applesauce and still get the great chewy texture...
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    root beer float:

1 can (12oz) diet root beer
    1/3 cup skim milk
    ice

28 calories!!!

what a GREAT idea for a treat! why on earth did i never think of this before..?! thanks!
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Green mung beans... (100g = 106 calories)

dry it in water for around 5 hours and then, just boil it... It is more delicious and healthier than chickpeas... =)=)
  • cheerchicksie
    cheerchicksie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    those chocolate chewy bars are like 90 calories, and they're really good for on the go.

i also like making my own frappucinos/smoothies with 8 ice cubes, 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt/low cal fro yo, 2 tbsp cool whip, 1 tbsp ground coffee, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk, and a tiny little fruit//nuts or something. usually these end up being 75 calories or less :)