people that are poison ...

Options
Unfortunately I have a case of a very bad neighbour (alcoholic, verbally abusive towards us) .... today he announced loudly "our fat neighbour is home" .. .after working so hard and losing 56 pounds ... this hit me hard.

I guess my question is .. how do you not let little things like this bog you down?

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just remind yourself where this is coming from - a drunken idiot who probably can't see straight. :laugh:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ignore him. He's a sad pitiful man whose destroyed his life with drinking. One day, he'll probably be homeless and will lose everything he loves. Alcohol is brutal and an awful destroyer when someone abuses it. Anything that comes out of his mouth is venom and he's probably seeing double of anything that crosses his path.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You're bettering yourself and he's a useless abusive drunk *kitten*? How would that get your down?
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    **** him, I think these people should go kill themselves~!!!!!!~@!~!@!@!#@$%
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Take a bag of dog SH$T and light it on fire on his front steps and ring his bell and run.
  • glonigan
    Options
    I am sorry you had to hear something as vile as that. In my mind I would say F that @hole and remember that you are better than him on your worse day. Chances are that unhappy prick is jealous of you or something in your life.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Always consider the source.
  • Sexxxy5Ten
    Options
    I think it honestly hurts either way. I'm sorry that someone said such a rude thing. But first you must recognize that someone that speaks so fouly about someone else isn't very happy about themselves, plus yuou know the road you've come along and know that it took hard work and determination to get there. Their nasty comment would only motivate me to work that much harder. Be encouraged and try not to let that kind of stuff get yuou down. Pray for people who persecute others like that. They obviously need help. Add me as a friend if yuou like. I love to motivate others and get motivated too. Be Blessed.
  • poncito
    Options
    he can go **** himself
  • djlindstrom
    Options
    First of all, fantastic work on losing 56 pounds!! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:

As for your neighbor, try thinking about him from a different angle... feel sorry for the b*stard. He obviously has issues and needs to try to bring others down with him so that he can feel better about himself. My mom always used to say to me "if they're talking about me, they're leaving someone else alone".

Don't let him bring you down, just consider the source.
  • People like your idiot drunken neighbor spew hatred and hurtful words into the world, he hates himself, therefore he has to tear other people down to feel better about himself. Ignore him, he can do nothing but bring you down! However, let this be an incentive to reach your goal weight, I have always said, the best revenge in the world is success! Think of how great you will feel when you walk by him, looking your best all thin and lovely, you can smile and know that you are doing great, and he is a used up hateful drunk! : )
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just remind yourself where this is coming from - a drunken idiot who probably can't see straight. :laugh:

^ This.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ignore him. He's a sad pitiful man whose destroyed his life with drinking. One day, he'll probably be homeless and will lose everything he loves. Alcohol is brutal and an awful destroyer when someone abuses it. Anything that comes out of his mouth is venom and he's probably seeing double of anything that crosses his path.

^^^ This + Karma :laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    "Yep, I still live next to an *kitten*."

I'd be just as nasty back to him.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have a case of a very bad neighbour (alcoholic, verbally abusive towards us) .... today he announced loudly "our fat neighbour is home" .. .after working so hard and losing 56 pounds ... this hit me hard.

I guess my question is .. how do you not let little things like this bog you down?
    Say something genuinely nice back in return.
    Always do that.
    If an opportunity arises to do something kind/helpful, do it.
    When you think about him, plan a good reaction toward him at next meeting.
    Never say anything unkind, and end all negative conversions with others that anyone else starts.

It will stop.
    And you will be free as a bird:)
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the other posters.....turn your hurt into motivation. What's the old cliche? You can loose the weight (and you are), but he's still going to be the mindless drunk jerk still then.
  • cool_caz
    cool_caz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    people like that are just angry with themselves, the world and life in general and I totally agree with MinMin97 who said

"Never say anything unkind, and end all negative conversions with others..."
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    Wow, WHAT an *kitten*!! I'm sorry. I wish I knew something to say that would help. No one should have to endure bullying like that.
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Remember you have the right to be respected no matter what weight you are. Ignore the oaf, only someone who is not happy with themselves will put others down to make themselves feel better.

HUGE HUG!!!

You are doing an AWESOME job!!! Keep going!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gosh, having such nasty neighbors is hard.:grumble: I’m sorry he was so rude. You have done an amazing job losing 56 lbs! Don’t let miserable people trip you up. You look beautiful! :flowerforyou: