Tween Friend Requests

Options
GorillaEsq
GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
Is it just me, or are other people a tad creeped-out by 18ish year olds randomly sending Friend requests?

Every time I get a request of an 18 year old girl wearing a string-bikini, I half-expect Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC to jump out of my pantry and say, "Why don't you have a seat... right over here."

I just don't get it. I'm a bitter, mean, 30-something. Why in the f**k would they want to friend me? Are the fake? Do they want to babysit my 4 kids? And they trying to sell me Trefoils and Thin Mints?

Thoughts?

Replies

• TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You know you like it.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I don't. It's odd and bothersome. I know I could have my ManCard revoked for saying such a thing, but it's true.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    they do it for the drama
  • karylee44
    Options
    i get the 18 year old boys.. and some of the emails from them are just wayyyyy creepy.. im old enough to be their MOM. and hell if im going to train any.
  • SkylerNshape
    Options
    Maybe they just want to see your "other side" :bigsmile:
  • suddenbeth
    Options
    lol If you actually update and log that could be why. I don't limit my friend list to around my age because I go more for activity. Then again, I'm not looking for hookups or flirts on this site, so I may not be the best one to answer this.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    They probably just like your attitude. I friended someone who may have been surprised that I did but it was because I enjoyed his posts.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I don't accept anyone under 30....a late 20 something might sneak in there, but I see how it goes...if they are too much for me they get deleted.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or are other people a tad creeped-out by 18ish year olds randomly sending Friend requests?

Every time I get a request of an 18 year old girl wearing a string-bikini, I half-expect Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC to jump out of my pantry and say, "Why don't you have a seat... right over here."

I just don't get it. I'm a bitter, mean, 30-something. Why in the f**k would they want to friend me? Are the fake? Do they want to babysit my 4 kids? And they trying to sell me Trefoils and Thin Mints?

Thoughts?

It's even weirder when you're probably older than their parents........I suspect, like Facebook, some people just try to collect friends and, also like Facebook, probably half of them are from fake accounts being used for social media marketing.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Y'know what's creepier?

When you're an 18/19 year old girl and you get friend requests from suspicious looking middle age dudes who want to see a "progress" pic of you in your underwear.

Ahem. Yeah.
  • suddenbeth
    Options
    Y'know what's creepier?

When you're an 18/19 year old girl and you get friend requests from suspicious looking middle age dudes who want to see a "progress" pic of you in your underwear.

Ahem. Yeah.

Amen.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I just don't have anything in common with a 19/20 year old girl or boy.
  • dmdv22
    Options
    Geez I dont get any
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Yep. I avoid accepting under 25, especially guys. I have a stepson that age. :noway:
  • dmdv22
    Options
    i get the 18 year old boys.. and some of the emails from them are just wayyyyy creepy.. im old enough to be their MOM. and hell if im going to train any.

LOL That was funny
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    Maybe they think you're cute.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    i'm 18... i'm going to friend you! (just kidding)
    i'm not a "tween" either.
    but i get the creepy older man messages.
    we scare you just as much as you scare us, lmfao
    xx
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I got a creepy one from an 18 or 20 year old telling me he loves "older women" that have hard bodies. That creeped me out. Other ones had no msg but were denied.
    I agree nothing in common. Maybe daddy issues?
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Yeah i don't like declining friend requests but I have started to, or, if I accept and see that they are just friend collectors i don't hesitate to delete.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    this just made me feel old... i was thinking hmm my bloke hasnt been able to deny being 30 for a while now ... and that i was only just out of being a teenager....but then i kind of realised although i did try for twenteen and twentyoneteen... i am now 23 and maybe i should think about acting it.... one day.... in a few years.... :D

but back on topic... This is the internet... and as weird and creepy as it is its what happens... i was always creeped out by the fact that on this chat room i used to go on as soon as i hit 19 thats it friend requests/private messages pretty much stopped... 16 year olds were loved... 18 year olds liked... 19 your past it... and these were from men old enough to be the girls parent or grandparent! eww

i dont judge anyone on age... age is just a number... if i only accepted people in my "age group" i think i would have problems some times... i like to read books for teenagers, but then my mum says im a little old lady stuck in someone elses body... i like to knit, sew, bake, gardening, drink tea from a cup and saucer..., ....
    x