Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken and very low calorie!

Options

Replies

• izaaksmommy
    Options
    yum!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    I've made this, I love buffalo chicken, and here are my suggestions...

1) You don't need the ranch mix. It is unnecessary for flavoring and just adds empty calories and more salt.
    2) Use only a 1/4 of the bottle, and add water. When the chicken is all done and you take it out and shred it, just add a little more hot sauce in the bowl you are shredding the chicken in. You'll get the thickness back and you won't waste it, not to mention less salt all around!
    3) I put mine over a salad with romaine lettuce, red onions, yogurt blue cheese dressing (35 calories), and 1/2 oz of blue cheese crumbles. What a good dinner it makes!!!

Thanks!! :)
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump...must try this
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    Sounds great! Bump for later
  • banner6
    banner6 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sounds great.

bump
  • WarningBell
    Options
    I can only imagine the sodium content though! x_x
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've made this, I love buffalo chicken, and here are my suggestions...

1) You don't need the ranch mix. It is unnecessary for flavoring and just adds empty calories and more salt.
    2) Use only a 1/4 of the bottle, and add water. When the chicken is all done and you take it out and shred it, just add a little more hot sauce in the bowl you are shredding the chicken in. You'll get the thickness back and you won't waste it, not to mention less salt all around!

Thanks for the adaption, I do need to watch my sodium, and I love hot chicken wings, so this will be a great alternative. I am going to use Louisiana instead of red hot.
  • goingdown155
    goingdown155 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is low cal, however the sodium content in the ranch dressing and the Frank's red hot sauce would not be a good choice.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Yes, this is low cal, however the sodium content in the ranch dressing and the Frank's red hot sauce would not be a good choice.

Yes..and I'm not going to use the whole bottle not even close actually.. and not adding the ranch packet. ;)
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yummy
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 56waukazoo_KD
    Options
    Bump............yum!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the recipe! Sounds delicious!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump. Gonna make this :]
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm making this as I type using Wing-Time - Garlic With Parmesan Buffalo Wing Sauce. It has 50 calories and 55mg of sodium per serving (2TBS). House smells heavenly! Wing-Time has a hot wing sauce that even lower in calories and sodium also....
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • angiep63
    Options
    Going to try this now, but with Louisiana Hot Sauce. Thanks for sharing............
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    BUMP!