Why Almond Milk?

Options
12346»

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I never used it before coming to this site. I only purchased it because I was making a lot of smoothies and didn't want the calories of Vitamin D or Whole milk. My family will not use 2% or 1%, i wouldn't use enough of the 2% or 1% before it went bad.. Almond milk has way less calories and a very long shelf life.
  • meandtwocats
    Options
    Bbecause something that seccrete out of a cow is gross. :sick:
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It is thick and yummy, so I drink the chocolate kind and imagine it is like a shake only thinner with less cals.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone seem to be having almond milk on this site?

Dunno about anyone else. Personally, I bought some the other day, for the following reasons:

1. I don't like cow's milk.
    2. I wanted to buy some milk-alternative so I could make cauliflower cheese.
    3. I was curious to try something different from soy milk.
    4. I've tried rice milk before and didn't like it.
    5. I don't like the sound of oat milk.
    6. I like almonds.
    7. Almond milk was on special offer in Asda.

As it happens, I liked the almond milk very much, so will be buying it again.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    because it tastes good. I also drink soymilk, coconut milk, and flaxseed milk. I don't like cows milk.
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me, I started drinking almond milk as a lifestyle change. My husband didn't really drink cow's milk at all, so I was the only one drinking it. And we'd frequently have our milk go bad (we also are in the US Army, and living in Germany, so our American milk comes from far away and goes bad faster... unfortunately. German milk tastes different... lol). So, I decided to cut out cow's milk because Almond milk has a very long (non-refrigerated) shelf life before it's opened (of course you must refrigerate after opening, and I recommend it cold to drink too). So it never goes bad for me. I usually buy the Silk brand almond milk, and prefer it to the Blue Diamond because I feel like the Blue Diamond almond milk is a much thicker consistency.

I used to drink tons of milk. TONS. Whole milk too. I honestly don't have an issue with milk, but, it does contain a lot of calories, and the cost of the organic milk here is RIDICULOUS. So... And it was going bad fast. It was mostly a financial thing for me.

I also cut out some other things, and lost some weight because of it.

But, I only drink the Vanilla Almond milk plain. Once we get back into the states, I'd like to try Hemp Milk, and Hazelnut milk. (can't find those things here, that I am aware of...).

To those of you who prefer skim.... http://butterbeliever.com/fat-free-dairy-skim-milk-secrets/ --- Not sure on the validity of this post, but it makes sense. And I've always thought skim was weird. lol.
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    because i'm not a baby or a cow that needs milk.

and cow's milk is NASTY

humans shouldn't drink cow's milk.

Plus it's low calorie

Exactly this!!! We are the ONLY mammals that drink milk besides as babies...
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Not that you don't have enough replies already :P

I love it with my protein shakes and the main reason I drink it is that it is lower in calories. I get the unsweetened.