WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Bump, so I can find everyone next time. I've been MIA. Will be on a different continent until mid-September. But there is a health issue that should propel me to get back on MFP at that time.

:heart: Rebel
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    I had a real nice post, and somehoe it's gone. Oh well, that's a first for me.

Anyway, Barb - I checked out that link. For over $100 it didn't get very good reviews at all. Also, it said that it wasn't good for short people, and I'm 5"1".

Can't remember much else.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Okay - what is this "Bump" - I have seen it several times and have no idea what it is implying or doing.
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump moves the thread up in the list of posts so that it is easier to find.
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    wessecg - Oh, I got stressed just reading your post. :brokenheart: I'm sure the calories aren't as bad as you think. Tell yourself the worrying will wear them off. Hope your horse is doing well now.

Rose - how cool that you won? :flowerforyou: and then to buy the bike for more fitness - double cool!:glasses: Hope you have a good day with your Mom.

Jan - congratulations on the smoke free. Everyone seems to be so busy this last week with school starting and various classes etc. I don't care what the calendar says, September always feels like the new year to me.

Gini - great job on the numbers and being so healthy.

Kat;hy - I can't seem to get past 6 glasses of water either (and the few times I have, I'm up a dozen times in the night). And your foot will feel better next week I'm sure - all things in time.

Other Cathy - I wish I had some of those "genetic coat tails" your husband has seemingly inherited.

Junekatz - love your goals. And I found your philosophizing very uplifting. We forget ourselves so often and get carried away with the future instead of the now.

Linda - Sorry, no great recipes, i'm a bit of a purist with my chard, I just chop it, add a little water, cook until it is wilted but not limp, add a very little butter and a little balsamic vinegar (white in summer, Modena in winter) and some fresh ground pepper. Not very exciting but that's how my Dad always cooked it.

I love reading everyone's posts and all the things going on in your lives. I feel like I am getting to know a lot of you and I feel like I appreciate your inspirational words, enjoy your successes and feel your sorrows. It definitely was a Blue Moon day, crazy stuff going on at work! Now I'm going to spend some time thinking and come up with some good goals for September (tangible, measurable, achievable). I look forward to checking in tomorrow and seeing all the new goals.

Sweet dreams ladies
    Lila
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: it's bedtime for me and September in many other time zones so I've started the new thread for September.

here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/725434-women-ages-50-for-september-2012
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Auntiebk/Barbara & Nancy – We will be in the lower eastern part of ID. I'll wave but you will need binoculars. We are visiting the parks in the area for a couple weeks and then hunting around the NE corner of the bottom part of ID.

Lots to do and not enough time to do it.

See you all in Oct.

Faye
  • cjspensley
    Options
    Hello ladies -
    I keep disappearing...sorry! Just scrolling through the August posts to catch up, and was struck by the numbers, big and small, of what everyone's lost. That is so encouraging! I've struggled this week...some stress at home and I was not being as careful as I need to be, and it showed up in my weigh-ins. Darn, but I've lost that same pound 5 times in the last 2 weeks! Finally back on track, and happy about that....and almost to the 20 pounds lost mark and that feels pretty good.

So here's my funny story about having lost nearly 20 pounds. I work for a large church, part of the team that plans our worship services. I am also responsible for planning and coordinating all of our funerals. We had a very large one yesterday, and since we were in our largest worship center, I was asked to wear a headset. And a headset comes with a good-sized battery pack. And that battery pack clips onto your belt. Well, I don't wear a belt! And the pants I was wearing were my "Sunday" pants...and now a good size too large. So I'm walking all over the place, finding speakers and soloists and family members and all the time wondering....will they stay up????? LOLOL happy to report no loss of pants during a funeral. But it sure made me smile. I guess I need to go buy some smaller Sunday pants. 8^)

We are supposed to get rain all weekend...the remnants of Isaac heading north toward Chicago. It's grey and very, very still outside, so I'm guessing it's coming soon.

Haven't ridden my bike since I got back from Las Vegas three weeks ago. Way too much going on, including the above-mentioned stress at home...school starting for the grandchild that lives with us (kindergarten), daughters not getting along (they're making progress but one is still hopping mad at the other), start-up of everything for the fall at school, work, etc., class planning for the quilt shop...plenty - no, TOO MUCH - on my plate these days. I need to get back to riding as many days a week as possible.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I've started the new thread for September.

here is the link:

• jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump yea those 3 lbs didnt come back again this week, need to step it up next week to get 2 more off.
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    WOW! just reading your post wore me out~ :laugh:
    bor
    i AM inspired by your progress, and am now in physical therapy, recovering from a fall where i fractured my tibia and tore the meniscus (knee cartilege). have been suffering with arthritis as a result of using the walker. although the pt seems like waaaay too much, and is painful, i do believe it is making me stronger, and that's GOTTA help. i'm convinced the weights will really change things.

hope you have a great Labor Day weekend. WELCOME to the group! :happy:

janie
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump moves the thread up in the list of posts so that it is easier to find.

Thank You! not sure how to do it but at least I know what it is saying :)
  • barbiecat
    Options

here is the link:

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I'm in Tx with my sisters. We are having a good time. My sister Kathryn is going to join our group so please give her a good welcome and lots of support!

Have a great weekend!

Cindy
  • bigpal
    bigpal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    good morning just hold my place be back later to catch up have a great day and exercise :smile:
  • barbiecat
    Options

here is the link:

• cathyb60
    cathyb60 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi I just tried to post in the September link and it showed as locked and my post went to cyberspace...I think....can someone help me find you guys...I'm lost:sad:

Cathy
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi I just tried to post in the September link and it showed as locked and my post went to cyberspace...I think....can someone help me find you guys...I'm lost:sad:

Cathy
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/738911-women-ages-50-for-september-2012?page=7#posts-10961002
  • gypsybree
    Options
    I'm almost there! I'm 31