What's your favorite salad?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Shredded cheese, ranch dressing, chopped celery and sunflower seeds on romaine lettuce. My salad preferences are terrible for a diet.
  • LadyTejada
    LadyTejada Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Start with a big bowl of lettuce (your choice).
    Cherry tomatos cut in half.
    Cucumbers, sliced.
    Green bell peppers, chopped
    Red onion, sliced thin
    feta cheese
    dried cranberries
    honey roasted almond slices

Dressing: Make your own from the Italian Good Seasons packet, and follow the marks on the crudite. Instead of adding all the olive oil that the crudite calls for, add half and fill the rest up to top with crandberry juice. Mix and enjoy!

Tips: Best to let the dressing rest overnight for best flavor.
    Salad ingredients proportioned to taste and size of salad.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    And have to mention the Brown Derby Cobb Salad.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/52872/brown-derby-cobb-salad.html
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make a low-fat dressing that makes just about any raw veggies taste great! I use an empty clean mayonnaise jar. I put 2 tablespoons of light mayo (I like Hellman's) in the jar, then distilled vinegar (you can use any kind of vinegar) just until it makes the mayo a dressing-like consistency. (Maybe 1 tablespoon? I don't measure the vinegar.) Then I add a teaspoon of ketchup, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 packet of splenda. It's a good sweet and sour dressing, almost like cole slaw dressing, and I LOVE it!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My favorite salads are any that have a southwest feel to them. Basically, if it resembles a burrito but comes in a bowl, I love it. That automatically sounds unhealthy, but it doesn't have to be.

I'd make it like this:
    Bed of mixed greens, preferably some of the crunchy variety
    Definitely tomatoes-- I am obsessed with sliced Roma tomatoes right now.
    Black beans! So necessary for this kind of salad, and added protein/iron!
    Roasted corn medley-- make your own or buy it ready-made.
    Avocado!
    Pico de gallo would be awesome on top of this. I love the tomato/onion/cilantro flavor.

. . . and basically anything else you like. You could add chicken or steak. I can just as easily do without the meat, though.

To me, a salad like this doesn't even need dressing, but sometimes I'll spritz with a little lime juice.
    No cheese or sour cream for me (lactose-intolerant), but there are healthy cheese you could use or Greek yogurt for sour cream.
  • chrislover
    chrislover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Basic Cesar with a sliced grilled chicken breast on top. I like the chicken warm, great contrast, tons of protein.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am now officially IN LOVE with the apple, pecan, cranberry and chicken salad at Wendy's. I wish the sodium weren't so high, but it is to die for!!!!! YUMMOLICIOUS!!!!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious Tomato Mozzarella Basil toss salad last night!

I just mixed together a 10.5oz container of cherub tomatoes (cut in half), an 8oz container of cherry-sized mozza balls (cut in half), 1.5 tbs olive oil, 1/2 tbs minced garlic, desired amount of basil leaves torn up with fingers, salt, pepper, and drizzle balsamic vineger on top!

Mix it up and eat it right away or refrigerate for later. YUM YUM YUM and a change of pace from the classic green salad. :drinker:
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Lots of walnuts, green peppers, boiled egg, romaine lettuce, turkey slices...mix it all together and enjoy with light dressing. So good.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    soup and salad dinner, so much I could not finish it, but yum!

52ezpf.jpg
  • crazygurl456
    crazygurl456 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I absolutly love the salads you can buy pre-made in a bag. They are absolutly delicious and they actually have a pretty big range in flavors and such, I'm not sure how many calories are in each but my fave is the Southerwestern one. It's like a taco salad almost and just yummy!!
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad is spinach, pecans, dried cranberries, feta cheese and a ginger dressing. The problem is I could eat it all day. Its great, nice blend of taste!
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump