5'8/9" ladies, I need YOU!

Options

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently 222, heaviest was 265 after my second was born :sad:
    My end goal is 160. That's a number I know I would be happy with and feel good about. I dont want my ribs showing.
    My immediate goal is to get under 200 which I am hoping Insanity will help with. So, I started that this week.
    I dont have many pics up right now but will post some after I get under 200.

My main issue is boobs NEVER go down. And I have "birthing hips" LOL

Feel free to add me if you want.

bump
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    HI! My starting weight before MFP was around 240. :noway:
    I am 5'8" and 40 years old. I wish I would have been more serious about weight loss when i was younger because at 40, it is soooooo much harder!! :sad:
    My Goal weight is 160. That puts me in a healthy BMI range. We'll see how i look when i get there.

I am always looking for more friends on here, especiallly similar ones. I love MFP and I am on here daily (since January 2012).
    :drinker:
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9!

SW: 265
    CW: 191 (my profile pic!)
    GW: 165

Great luck to you on your weight loss journey!

5499814.png
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have a pic on my profile that i merged together. it's a before and after. i'll send you a friend request since i believe only my frienss can see it. I am 5'9". i started 2 yrs ago at 254lbs and i'm currently 168lbs.
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"! I'm loving the TALL LADIES thread!! It's so great to see everyone's pics and then picture it on yourself. I was 190 but now I'm 167! Woot!! Woot!! I'm wanting to get down to 155. I'm doing Insanity right now and I'm on my second week. All of you feel free to add me.
  • AudrasAlly
    Options
    I also have a before and after picture on my page - just add me and you can see it. I'm 5'9" and lost 14 lbs, 12 inches.
    Audra
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am almost 5'9 and working on shedding 50lbs. Started and restarted this journey more times than I care to recall, but I am all in now. MFP has certainly helped with that. No pics yet, although at the end of the month, I might do a "before" and "current" as a way to track my progress since the scale is a mean SOB! LOL

Please fee free to add me! :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    l474656098.jpg
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    5' 9" was 205 now I'm 147.5. I lift heavy like a beast, run and box and I eat like a boss.

You can see pics in my profile.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8 1/2 and currently weigh around 140. I started at 158, lost 23 and have put back on a few between vacations and weight lifting. I'm back into "losing" mode to get back to my happy maintenance range of 132-138.

This picture is from before I joined MFP and it was the OMG!! moment that caused me to start MFP. I vividly remember thinking I looked good before going to dinner that night.
    Carribean2520Cruise252020102520070-1-1.jpg

This is me in February of this year, probably 138 at the time.IMG_0004-6.jpg

(here's hoping the pictures show up!)

Oh, and I'm 49 and have had 2 kids.
  • Lcam510
    Lcam510 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love this thread - I'm 5'9 and 152. The highest I've ever been was about 165 and my lowest was about 125. I maintained at 132-135 for about 3 years but I went back to school and gained 20. Good Luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone that has already met their goals.

Feel free to add me!
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" weighed 211# when I started focusing on my health, fitness and nutrition. Now I sit at right around 150#. (My goal was 155#). I have weighed less in my adult life (I'm 41) - weighed 140-145# in my late-20's, but haven't been this size (6-8) since I-don't-know-when. Someone else posted about weight training, and I believe that together with cardio and Yoga are the reason my body is smaller even though the scale is a bit higher. I'd be okay to stay where I'm at or lose 5-10#. But, I do enjoy eating so I'm not in any hurry! There are pics on my profile.
  • PunchyLaRue
    Options
    Hello there! I am 5'8", currently 175, goal is 150 +/- (i'm 37, and curvy, not gonna ever be skinny per se...). I have yo-yoed for too long! Last spring I did Insanity, and looked and felt great, I loved it, but I stopped, and it crept back up... like it will. I am currenlty using brazil butt lift and shakeology from beach body, and it's helping. I used to be so much more motivated, did roller derby and taught yoga, but we moved across the country, and my motivation must be in one of my old un-packed boxes... I'm working on it though, and not giving in!

Keep up the good work, and I'll come up with some pics to post!
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    5'9

Started at 194
    Currently 153

012-2.jpg
  • amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So inspirational to see all the amazing transformations!! Thank you for posting! : )
    5'9" here...wanting to get down to 140s too!
  • Kallie3000
    Kallie3000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite post yet! I can't wait to have success stories of my own to post :D
  • 1DayAt_aTime
    Options
    5'9

Started at 194
    Currently 153

012-2.jpg

WoW :love: What a difference!!!
  • 1DayAt_aTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am a 5'9" 32yr old mother of 1 (6yr old) and currently 150lbs. I want to get to 138-135lbs.

My lowest post pregnancy weight was 138lbs (April 2011)

I have no idea what I weighed before getting pregnant because I never ever weighed myself. I was just naturally slim whilst eating as much chocolate as I wanted lol.

Unfortunately I cannot do that any more so I am trying to monitor my food intake but the problem I am having is deciding what calorie allowance I should be eating.

I'm set to sedentary (desk job) MFP has given me 1310 cals for a 1lb loss per week. I want to be at my goal weight by my 33rd birthday (Jan 2013). So my question is should I stick to the 1310 cals until then or do I need to eat my bmr cals(1468 I think)

Any ladies who have reached their goal weight,what did you do in terms of calories?
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    before 185
    before.jpg

during 168

IMAG0007-1.jpg

I started at 206 but no pics, would like to get down to 150ish and then tone, going to start lifting weights after my 70 mile bike ride this weeekend and my triathlon on the 29,,, I'm almost 5'10"

ps hope the pictures work
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I set my base MFP calories at 1500 and eat my exercise calories as well. If I do this, I stay within 1-3#. If I want to lose more, I'd need to set my base MFP calories at 1200. but I like food! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!