Hey yall

Options
Quick Question:

Is there a formula to calculate the exact calories in a sandwich? I know that they list them, but every sandwich is different. Each one is custom made, so I want to make sure it's accurate.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, you just use the calorie calculator and type in what you have, exact of each item and it should tell you.....?
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It is a secret formula known only by the great Earl of Sandwich himself.
  • Ben_Ociate
    Options
    Hey coliemarieale, thanks for the serious answer. You are cute. Anyway, I am confused like what to put for volumes and things. Can you elaborate? I am confused about how many servings, etc.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It is a secret formula known only by the great Earl of Sandwich himself.

:laugh:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hey coliemarieale, thanks for the serious answer. You are cute. Anyway, I am confused like what to put for volumes and things. Can you elaborate? I am confused about how many servings, etc.

2-slices of bread
    1- outter leaf of lettuce
    3- slices large tomato
    1- tbs hellman's mayo
    2- tsp mustard
    1- slice american cheese
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    seriously?

It's bread, meat, whatever.................type in the ingredients, how much, and walla...................the SECRET REVEALED!
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Food scale, measureing cups/spoons are your friend. Measure everything you put on the sandwich being mindful of the serving sizes and do the math.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe calculator under Food- under the recipe tab....

You can enter in each ingredient and the serving you used. Then it calculates all the items (in your case- a sandwich) as one item, other than a list of individual items.....
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    seriously?

It's bread, meat, whatever.................type in the ingredients, how much, and walla...................the SECRET REVEALED!

What? You told him the secret? You know we have to kill you now, right?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Weighing the components on a food scale might help you, or weighing the whole sandwich, if it's already made.

ETA: also, if it's from a restaurant like Subway or Jimmy John's, look for nutrition info online.
  • Ben_Ociate
    Options
    ggcat, thanks for your serious reply and I think it probably helped more than anyone else. You are also pretty, judging by your thumbnail picture.

Thanks,

-Ben
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Personally, I go into the recipe section and "add a recipe" then build the sandwich in there measuring/weighing the components. Then each time I need to make a sandwich I go into that recipe and add/delete/change what needs to be changed for the new sandwich (it won't effect previously logged items).

Again, that's just me. I'm pretty nitpicky about logging my calories.
  • seriously?

I don't see what the attitude is all about, Pollywog39. This young man is asking a simple question.
  • Ben_Ociate
    Options
    Okay, like for example, I just ate turkey and cheese sandwich, I cut the edges off the cheese because I did not want to consume more than I wanted to taste. The sandwich was dry (this means no mayo or mustard) and I added some paprika for flavoring. It had 3 pickles on it, they were small and round. How much is that?

I am impressed by this community and there are a lot of pretty ladies here.

-Ben
  • dsmboy1991
    dsmboy1991 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Okay, like for example, I just ate turkey and cheese sandwich, I cut the edges off the cheese because I did not want to consume more than I wanted to taste. The sandwich was dry (this means no mayo or mustard) and I added some paprika for flavoring. It had 3 pickles on it, they were small and round. How much is that?

I am impressed by this community and there are a lot of pretty ladies here.

-Ben

You can add each ingredient individually to come to your total. As for the cheese and cutting off the waste, the best bet would be to weigh it. However, most slices range between 50-110 depending on type and thickness. The little waste you cut probably wouldn't be that significant. Personally, I would count the whole slice.

P.S. Please turn down your creeper level. It's freaking me out and I'm a guy.
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    when i didnt know the exact amount of my calorie intake, i would look at the nutrition facts on everything,wrote down how much i ate of what, added up the number of calories..and BAM. i had the correct total calories of what i ate.
  • Lima_India_Zulu
    Options
    P.S. Please turn down your creeper level. It's freaking me out and I'm a guy.

THIS.

Also, just weigh your food and then use the calorie listings on the packet. Or best guess from the food tracker on here. It's never going to be an EXACT science.

Good luck!
  • Ben_Ociate
    Options
    Hey guys,

Why is it considered a "creeper" to offer compliments? I think this is really what is wrong with society today. If someone offers a compliment, THEY'RE BEING A CREEPER???

-Ben
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for exact totals you'll need to look up the brand of luncheon meat and brand/t ype of cheese. What sort of pickles and the brand. That's what I meant about building it in the recipe section. If you look up the brands and build the sandwich there you'll get the exact totals you want.
  • Lima_India_Zulu
    Options
    It's creepy because you are saying it so much and we don't know you.

A lot of the ladies on here are really pretty, it's true.

:-)
This discussion has been closed.