Some people sparkle. Some pour buckets. How do you sweat?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I sweat a lot when active and exercising. And not only that, but my body temperature is always warmer than other people. My husband always says I am very warm and that he likes that. Seems like small people are usually cold, but not me. I am small and warm.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Buckets and rivers here! I thought I was gross...good to know there are others out there just like me! Funny thing for me is I can completely saturate a shirt and there will be one, small, dry spot under my left boob. I start sweating on the right side, it's weird.

But yeah, ,totally soaked everywhere even my legs and arms, chest etc. I'm like the other two that said even after a shower...if I don't completely cool off, like back to normal body temperature, there's no point in taking a shower cuz I'll be sweating as soon as I get out of the shower until my body returns to normal temperature.

Now, I'm getting hot flashes too! That's awesome.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    im a mix of both! depends on what im doing! treader is pour buckets but running im more of a glistener! lol
  • dsmboy1991
    dsmboy1991 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Absolute buckets. I can actually wring out every piece of clothing afterwards if I wanted to. :laugh:
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I sweat a healthy amount.
    Only around my hairline and inner thighs though.
    My thighs don't even touch. It feel so awkward, because it just drips down my legs and EWWW.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Absolute buckets. I can actually wring out every piece of clothing afterwards if I wanted to. :laugh:

OMG! Me too!
  • sariannach
    Options
    Ugh, I sweat rivers out of body creases and down my spine. Depending on the time of year and whether I've been exposed to any of my allergens, my skin also turns bright red and I itch like crazy. One of the big reasons I try to minimize my outdoor exercise unless I've been taking Zyrtec for a few days!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm always the wettest person at the fitness center. So embarrassing...
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    beet red and sweat buckets.... especially in spin class
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Pour
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I sparkle, fortunately. c:
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I sweat loads! Hair dripping, streams running down my back, chest, legs, etc. Not everywhere all the time, but I definitely sweat a lot. I sweat so much with little physical activity that I hate having to walk anywhere where I am expected to look decent when I show up. Like when I used to walk to class in college I would walk really slow to avoid sweating so I didn't have to sit around in my own sweat and B.O. for the rest of the day, not to mention what it would do to those around me! The dry air (and its ability to dry up sweat) is part of the reason I love living in California! :-)
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    men perspire, horses sweat and women glow:laugh:
  • LindaLou252
    Options
    I sweat like crazy, too! I love it! Makes me feel like I've accomplished something! Not to mention... really cools me down on my runs, and I really welcome it on those hot, humid days! FYI: Spent $15 on a sweatyband, and it really helps keep the sweat off my forehead and out of my eyes... Yeah, that burns a little.

I, too, turn red as a lobster... Ugh! That's more embarrassing than any amount of sweat! I'm fine, really... Quit staring! Gah!

Anybody else have salt recrystalize after cooling down? Am I just THAT weird?! Especially, on my face...
  • sotellmedarling
    sotellmedarling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My whole life I've had overactive sweat glands. My biggest problem area are my inner thighs. I remember being so embarrassed in school because if I would sit for too long on any of those plastic or metal chairs, when I'd get up there'd be an imprint of where I'd been sitting and you can be sure some who saw were cruel about it. I also used to chafe like crazy because of it, but must have built up a resistance :laugh: Heck, I even had a fellow intern several years back randomly and awkwardly ask, "You must sweat a lot down there huh?" So when I work out my sweat starts there and makes me feel like I've peed my pants or something even if I only work out for 5-10 minutes.

My other problem areas are my hair line, chest (especially under boobage lol) and armpits. I guess those are pretty average areas though. But if I work out for more than 20 minutes, the sweat just starts pouring from EVERYWHERE. Back, face, shoulders, neck, legs, feet, you name it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot....

As for the rest.. nevermind.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat at all. No matter what. Even when it's burning hot outside... nothing. It does kind of suck since that's the bodies way of cooling you down... but nothing. Never have :(
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I sweat so much that my friends are too embarrassed to go to the gym with me. i soak through all my clothes, including my crotch all the way over to my bum, i tried wearing a certain kind of underwear to help stop from soaking through, no luck i just sweat right through that as well. I'll never forget the day my friend looked down at my crotch and his eyes bulged out of his head and he whispered to me with shame and embarrassment and said "stephanie!! I TOLD YOU TO WEAR UNDERWEAR!!" i start laughing and say "I DID!" i walk around with two towels because one isn't enough. i always try to be as courteous to others as i possibly can but i do feel sorry when people walk up and start using the machines next to me, i need sign that says "caution! you may get wet" i wish i took a pic of me last night, i might of had two 2" dry spots on my shorts but thats it. everything was drenched. no matter what, i'm ALWAYS the sweatiest person in the gym. i wish i was exaggerating but i'm not. i've always had hyperactive sweat glands.

grunt like a man
    swear like a man
    sweat like a man

i cannot help it.

.s.

YES I WIPE DOWN EVERY MACHINE AFTER I USE THEM INCLUDING BENCHES AND WEIGHTS!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    And I very rarely sweat, no matter what I am doing D: