green smoothie recipe help!!

Options

Replies

• campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have heard from many of my friends that you can add spinach to ANY smoothie and you really wont taste it at all, so for anyone who doesn't want a veggie tasting smoothie just make your fruit one and add some spinach!!!

This ^^^^^^^

My morning smoothies contain about 6 cups of spinach, scoop of protein powder, nonfat plain greek yogurt, ground flax seed and a handful of berries. Keeps me going for ages and I know I've gotten at least 6 servings of veggies before lunch :)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yummy...I'm going to have to try these!! :)
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Bump
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    thanks for recipes... must try some of these!
  • Amabuela
    Options
    I really love cucumber added to green smoothies. They add a real fresh, light taste to them.
  • bearsfanchick
    bearsfanchick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love em!
  • BexleyGirl
    Options
    bump
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Go to the vitamix website. They have a ton of them on there for free. I like most of them.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    wow! Nice recipies
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic. YUM! :heart:
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you use kale, collard greens or swiss chard, pull the leave part off of the stem and discard the stem, that can make it seem bitter. Any greens added to blueberries doesn't really show the green colour, so if you are disguising it for others, that's one trick. The other is to drink from a solid-not seethrough glass - my husband falls for that trick all the time. A good blender is also important, nothing like chewing bits of kale. (I splurged on the Vitamix and love it.) My favourite combination is kale (2-4 leaves), an apple or pear and a few spears of fress pineapple or even a can. I like to sneak in the greens until it reaches the point my husband notices and he's like a picky kid. Collard greens seems to be the least tasting one so far. I say mix whatever you love :)
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Kale Smoothie

3 c. baby spinach
    1 c. baby kales
    1 c. frozen blueberries
    1 scoop whey protein
    2 c. water

Whir in the blender until smooth. Serve with ice.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • Ms_TK
    Ms_TK Posts: 19
    Options
    Bump!! Great recipes. I just throw stuff in the blender. :) whatever I see in the kitchen. :_)
  • e832011
    e832011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump