Facebook and Relationship Problems!

Options

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    haha has he looked at your MFP pictures? Hello? You're in your bra. You're not doing yourself any favors if he's like this.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Are you dating the ever-so-sauve Christian Grey?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Not to be crude, but if this guy is such a nut you don't want him on your friends list.....

Why do you want him umm..........
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to a simple question - what's more important to you - facebook (drama, drama, drama) or your boyfriend (who in my opinion doesn't sound like any less drama)
    ditch the boyfriend or the facebook account: :yawn:
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    doesn't everyone know that you never air out your relationship problems on facebook?!? that's what mfp's for!!!

LOL, I don't air any **** on facebook. I think this site is perfect for this ;)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Its only going to get worse.....better cut your losses now
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What sort of pics are they? Normal pics, or sexy poses with minimal clothing?

If they are normal pics that you could send to grandma without embarrassment, then he is really insecure. Whether you want to sort that out with him is up to you.

If you are posting sexy things on Facebook to get attention, then he may have a point.

The issue isn't really with my pics, for he knows I'm attractive. The issue is with me being friends with men...period.

If he has an issue with you being friends with men, leave him. He sounds like a crazy person.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Are you dating the ever-so-sauve Christian Grey?

You're wise. Clearly this is what's going on...
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    ya unfriending him definitely not the right decision, now he knows your on there talking to other guys and has no way of even seeing what your chatting about....that will make him way more insecure. You need to take his feelings into consideration...how would you feel if the roles were reversed?
    If I behaved like him, which I don't I wouldn't expect him to appreciate my behavior or put up with it. As far as placing myself in his shoes, I have. This isn't even about that. It's about me being unwilling to put up with crap. Standing up for myself. Not allowing someone have control over who and whom I am or am not friends with. P.S. I was not talking with men. Sounds like assumption.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    What sort of pics are they? Normal pics, or sexy poses with minimal clothing?

If they are normal pics that you could send to grandma without embarrassment, then he is really insecure. Whether you want to sort that out with him is up to you.

If you are posting sexy things on Facebook to get attention, then he may have a point.

^^^^ So agree with this!! I see it first hand on facebook. Girls (or guys) that are in relationships posting suggestive pictures and getting flirtatious comments from the opposite sex. This may or may not be the case here. But I think unfriending the boyfriend is immature. Talk it out like adults or break up.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    ya unfriending him definitely not the right decision, now he knows your on there talking to other guys and has no way of even seeing what your chatting about....that will make him way more insecure. You need to take his feelings into consideration...how would you feel if the roles were reversed?
    If I behaved like him, which I don't I wouldn't expect him to appreciate my behavior or put up with it. As far as placing myself in his shoes, I have. This isn't even about that. It's about me being unwilling to put up with crap. Standing up for myself. Not allowing someone have control over who and whom I am or am not friends with.

He... I mean you... are better off out of this relationship. End it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Get rid of FB if you value your relationship, otherwise break up.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you need to "unfriend" him in real life.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    He won't like the creepy dirty PM i just sent you either!:flowerforyou:
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

But, if he's really that jealous/clingy, cut your loses.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Well at least everyone is acting maturely in this situation...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    How on earth did un-friending him seem like the best option? Of course that's only going to fuel his insecurities!

I think you are mistaken. He is constantly checking in on me because of his jealousy and insecurity issues.

I think you need to "unfriend" him in real life.

FTW!
  • 123nikki123
    Options

I think you're mistaken. You thought deleting him would delete your issues? Wrong.

How about deleting your facebook account. Or, your boyfriend.

Well, obviously it will create a new one, but this shall pass...I hope, lol
    I'm not a fan of deleting my account to appease another and actually, deleting my account was my first action and then I though "what the hell are you doing, there's no need to delete your account"
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

This.

Grow up, seriously.
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Simple edit what he can see. I have friends who can see my profile but not my wall or some pictures. Tweak your settings.

Also if he continues this he either needs to find help to gain more confidence or you need to find someone different. You are beginning to resent him now so I don't know how long it'll last. If you can't deal with what I call "little boy syndrome" start dating older. Women *usually* mature faster than guys. I'm 25 and dating in my age range was a joke - early 30s were much better and found my man in that range :)

Just remember it is not YOUR job to better him as a person. That's HIS job that only he can do. You just cheer him on.

Good luck!