what made you feel like a bada$$ today?

Options
For me it had to be the dumbbell incline bench...

I am 4'11 mind you...so I was using 27.5 in each hand...a whopping 55 pounds total which is over 1/2 my bodyweight.

A guy sitting next to me was using 25s I think. It made me feel strong :bigsmile:

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!

I suppose me running into someone in the staircase at level 31 made me feel like that. He asked where I was going, I said level 41, and he said he only went from 28 to 31 and he was winded. I went from 2 to 41, like I do every single day of work.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Doing a similar circuit as I did 2 weeks ago, with 10lbs more on each lift, and instead of a 60 second break after every station, it was continuous until all 4x10 sets were done... then doing 30lbs more on the deadlift, and WANTING to do incline situps 3x15 :) Despite a crappy morning, after that workout, I'm in an awesome mood :D
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Doing a similar circuit as I did 2 weeks ago, with 10lbs more on each lift, and instead of a 60 second break after every station, it was continuous until all 4x10 sets were done... then doing 30lbs more on the deadlift, and WANTING to do incline situps 3x15 :) Despite a crappy morning, after that workout, I'm in an awesome mood :D

Now that's something to feel bada$$ about!! Greatness!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Took a dump so big that my toilet collapsed under its own weight and formed a blackhole
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Took a dump so big that my toilet collapsed under its own weight and formed a blackhole

Awesome. I am looking forward to that myself. 3500 cals per day makes a lot of...
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Oh God, that's hilarious!
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Running four miles in 29 minutes after doing 30 minutes of bicep/shoulder work.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    setting my alarm for 6a and waking up at 5:30a and getting some elipical time in.... and what made me feel like a DUMBA$$ not pressing START on my HRM!!! DUH!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Mine was last night actually...We had an almost 4 month break from my ZUMBA class and since then I had started my own "workout" regiment by using Turbo Jam. LAst night, at the first night back to ZUMBA, I was able to do it at a higher intensity and didnt have to modifiy a lot fo the moves as usual!!! Even the people who take another class with the instructor that didnt have a 4 month break were winded and had a rough time with it.

BIG, BIG Pat on the Back for that one!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT THAT $&!%!!!!!!!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Shaking my *kitten* off in zumba today and being ready to do a whole "nother hour, if I had the opportunity.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    setting my alarm for 6a and waking up at 5:30a and getting some elipical time in.... and what made me feel like a DUMBA$$ not pressing START on my HRM!!! DUH!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Did 4 miles in 37 minutes! Coldest morning since last April and not as many people on the bike path at 6:30 A.M. They just aren't bada$$ enough!!!
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I coach cross country and do tae kwon do. Monday night I was sparring with one of my classmates, and we're two weeks out from a tournament so we went pretty hard. My forearms are covered in bruises. I go to practice Tuesday and one of my boys asks me if they are from Tae Kwon Do since he knows the kid I was sparring with. The kids start crowding around and listening to us. After running mile repeats (3 in consistently 7:45 miles) one of my girls asked me what I don't do.

Oh yeah, I outran half my girls.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Got a good bit of bad news all week. Jobwise, lifewise, hobbywise, socialwise ... a real bucket of bad luck. And yet, even today, I get up, bike, and handle my weight like a pro.

Fall flat on my face, get up, dust off, and act like it doesn't bother me in a bit. There's bada$$ for you.
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Got a good bit of bad news all week. Jobwise, lifewise, hobbywise, socialwise ... a real bucket of bad luck. And yet, even today, I get up, bike, and handle my weight like a pro.

Fall flat on my face, get up, dust off, and act like it doesn't bother me in a bit. There's bada$$ for you.

You are a rock star! Keep it up!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I held a plank for 2 1/2 minutes this morning! And that was after pushing myself through a longer run than I've done before. Yay me! :drinker:
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Did a Bob Harper workout dvd I haven't done in a long time, and the last time I did it, I couldn't get through it without a break, and today I went all the way through without a break and kicked it!!! Good job everyone!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Getting out of bed. Oh, and not getting out of the way for the guy behind me in the left lane on the highway this morning.... in fact, I actually slowed down a bit, just to watch him get all mad. It was pretty bada$$
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Upped my weights today doing Dumbbell shoulder press. I'm now lifting 40lbs, with 3 sets of 8 reps. I could feel several sets of eyes on me as soon as I picked the dumbbells up. LOVE LIFTING!

I'm also tiny (not near as lean as I'd like to be) but I'm 5'2'' and 133lbs so that's quite a bit of weight for me. ;)