Tatoos

Options

Replies

• norge1980
    Options
    I have an American flag that covers my right back area. It wraps around my shoulder and looks wind shredded. In the center I have an American Bald Eagle. I think tats can be very beautiful. I insisted that my eagle looked realistic and my artist did an amazing job.
  • Hayleighs_mom
    Options
    I don't like them when they are all over your body. I got my first one on my foot last month. It says "live laugh love" with hearts and polka dots around it. My fiance got his first one on his shoulder and its a tree that he made into our family tree. It has his name, my name, and our daughters name
  • KiaCristal
    Options
    I think well done tattoos are hot. There are a lot of people out there with some ****ty art. I have a 1/2 sleeve along with 7 others. My husband has quite a few as well. It does depend on the person too though. Just because someone has tattoos doesn't make them hot.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It doesnt matter to me whether or not someone has them, but I dont necessarily find someone covered in tattoos attractive. (not saying it makes them unattractive either) I have one its on my foot and its a lilly, Id love to get another one I just cant decide what
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Don't like them, but my son just got a big giant one across his whole chest!
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    I have an American flag that covers my right back area. It wraps around my shoulder and looks wind shredded. In the center I have an American Bald Eagle. I think tats can be very beautiful. I insisted that my eagle looked realistic and my artist did an amazing job.

sounds like a great tat!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP question- my husband doesn't have any. I don't have any.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    yes and yes. i have three. two on my back and one on the inside of my wrist. the next will be down the back of my neck and tie in with the one across my upper back.

once i get down to my goal weight, they'll look even more fantastic.

my tailbone
    tattie.jpg

my upper back
    l_95b41e4278c1584bec15b88454b7fd00.jpg

inside of my wrist
    101_11012.jpg
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan of tattoos.
  • BenChase
    Options
    another tattoo thread...hmmm, may as well pop in and say hi :happy: i have 22, finishing out my backpiece in december and i hope finishing out left arm soon after
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tats. My husband has a 1/2 sleeve but wants more, and I want him to get more:) As for me, I have 9 I think:

1. Maiden name going down my spine
    2. dragon crawling up my left rib cage, from below the hip to arm pit
    3. dragon flying from my mid back towards my right ribs
    4. butterfly on my neck (for my daughter)
    5. black sun on my ankle with the chinese symbol for beauty inside the sun
    6. love in chinese on my right wrist
    7. a tribal phoenician on my left wrist (cover up tat)
    8. a male and female skull on my lower back with flames behind them
    9. my daughters name down the back of my upper left arm with pictures of fire, earth, wind, and water surrounding her name.

That's it for now. I'd love to get my entire back done eventually.
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am a tattooist and I love tattoos. I am constantly looking for them on people and no matter what they are I always wonder what made them get it, how long they have had it, if it was their first last or part of many.

I currently have quite a few but I can admit, the first ones I had were rushed into but all have a memory with them so I will never get them removed.
    I had my first when I was 14 and it is a tiny butterfly about a cm long on my shoulder. I love this tattoo because it introduced me to the tattoo world and got me hooked. I then went on to have a few more until I started doing it myself and then I did a few on my legs and have now moved on to do hundreds on other people.

Anybody that thinks differently of tatoo's people is very sheltered. A tattoo represents a point in someones life, a little bit of their personality edged into their skin. Someone who believes in what they love so much that they want others to see it on their body. You only live once....get on with it.
  • norge1980
    Options

sounds like a great tat!

It is...... If I can get to my pictures at home I'll try and post it.... It took four sittings to get it all done... It was a lot bigger than I envisioned........ I definitely like my artists rendition........ it was my first..... and not my last..... I'm just picky and want the next one to look as good.......
  • isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tattoos... I have four... I have a memorial tattoo on my leg for my father who passed away 12 years ago, I have 3 stars on my foot that represent me,my mother and my brother, I have Beauty lies within written on my forearm, and I have 3 flowers on my shoulder , and once I lose my 100 lbs I will be starting a 3/4 sleeve.. so excited..!!!
  • jenneal89
    Options
    I don't have any yet but I've been planning a big piece for 2 years. It will go down my ribs and maybe on down to my thigh if I decide I want to extend it later.. It has to do with my family incorporated into a design so it will be very meaningful. Hubby has 2 small ones (1 on each ankle). I never used to like tattoos and thought I'd never date someone who had lots of them but I've changed. I see it as beautiful art and self expression rather than the stereotypes. I think it's nice that people have such life changing experiences they get it permantly placed on their person.

Edited for typos
  • ochotama
    Options
    I have four tattoos :D I can't really say about the opposite sex as i'm gay but on a possible partner I like any amount of tattoos as long as they're good! Nothing worse than a sketchy blurry tattoo!
  • iksworbez
    iksworbez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    yup and yup...
    two full sleeves chest and one of my thighs so far...

and my gf has two half sleeves her back and one of her thighs as well
  • Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not for me, but I don't judge.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You're so off base. Men with tattoos like tattoos. In my case, my ink represents monumental events in my life. They represent a metamorphosis or a tribute of sorts. I'm glad you're a good girl...like Ziggy Marley says, "Stay true to yourself."

There have been monumental events in my life too, but I put the pictures in a photo album, not on my skin! Honestly I can't look at someone with a tattoo and not think less of them instantly. Sorry dude.

I am also a good girl and I have to say I pity you being raised or aquiring somewhere along the way that you are so much better than others that you can pass judgement just looking at someone. Such a shame
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Horrible to look at on a women