On average how many times per day do you guys eat?

Options

Replies

• feepug
    Options
    everyones is different, do what works for you, if i try and do 6 small meals a day i end up binging and eating constantly so now i try to just eat when im hungry . Good luck.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It was 4, but now I'm aiming for 6 purely because I have a stomach condition and it may help, as if I go too long without food, I get a lot of acid and stomach pains.

At the moment I'm taking advantage that, for the first time in about 3 years, I can have something 'naughty' in my flat and not binge on it. So at the moment it's breakfast, snack + tea, lunch, snack, dinner, snack + decaf tea. Aiming for every 2.5 hours.

I'm trying to get used to smaller portions and think about how if I'm not properly full up, it doesn't matter as I can eat again in another 2-3 hours.

Also, as someone else mentioned... why does breakfast have to be sugary? I never have cereal. This morning I had egg + toast. I prefer a cooked breakfast.
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat A LOT!!!! The majority of days being within my 1200 calorie range.
  • katkrak
    Options
    At least 6 times a day: 3 meals and 3-4 snacks, plus water all day ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    6-7. It shouldn't really matter, though. I just have to eat frequently or I'm starving and act like a total jerkwad.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    3-6 but I tend to eat "mini" meals. For example I'd break a normal plate of food into 2 separate servings.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat 6 times a day if it doesn't suit you. It won't affect your weight loss.

I eat 2 or 3 larger meals a day (depending on whether I have breakfast or not) and usually have a late night snacking period.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Most days i try to eat 5 times a day...some days are harder to do it with work
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Like.... 8. lol.

I'm more of a grazer.
  • samlankford
    Options
    6 or more... depends on what I am doing that day and how busy I am... but usually 6
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Usually five. I have three meals and two snacks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Sometimes I switch my am snack to the afternoon because I might eat lunch at 1:00 or 2:00 and dinner isn't until about 8:30 at my house so those hours in between are pretty sucky.
  • antizoni1
    Options
    5 to 6 meals a day
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5-6
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    meal 1: pre/post-workout shakes
    meal 2: breakfast
    meal 3: morning snack
    meal 4: lunch
    meal 5: afternoon snack
    meal 6: dinner
    meal 7: night snack
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Usually 4-5 Monday through Friday - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, two snacks (depending on if I am hungry) and on Saturday and Sunday I am a grazer because if I allow myself to get too hungry at home or when I am running around doing errands I have more of a chance of making a bad food choice.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 big meal per day and snack mainly the rest of the day. I'm always in the fridge grabbing 5 grapes at a time.. Grapes are my best friend right now.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    3 - with an afternoon snack sometimes when I know there's too long between lunch and dinner. So sometimes 4.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    a lot
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I start the day with coffee and heavy cream, have a huge lunch and a relatively light dinner.

Just works for me right now.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat about 5 to 6 times a day. Usually on the weekends I have 4 as I wake up late, but during the week I try to kick it up to 6