On average how many times per day do you guys eat?

Options

Replies

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Typically 6 times, mostly because it is easier to hit my target calories that way. The metabolism argument is a myth.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    How often & what time you eat is irrelevant. Just get your calories in for the day. Doesn't matter if you do it in 1 meal or 20 meals.

this - for me it varies day to day
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 meals and 2 snacks, but only because it's my preference. Meal timing and frequency really doesn't matter as long as you're meeting your nutritional goals.
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 5 meals a day.. but sometimes combine some of them if there's too much on... but never combine for bigger meals in the evening :smile:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Barring any wierdness I eat 6 times a day. 3 meals, 3 snacks.

It has nothing to do with keeping my metabolism going and everything with not overeating. Yes, I eat 6 times a day to NOT overeat. I'm never hungry because I snack between meals.

My snacks are generally fruit, cheese, yogurt or nuts and either dark chocolate or a Kashi cookie & milk before bed.

I do this and maintain a 1200 calorie net because I exercise for at least a half hour every single day. Since January I've missed 3 days. One because I was recovering from food poisioning, one because I was nursing a 10 alarm hangover and one because I had to fast for blood tests in the morning and I was going to leave too many calories on the table if I exercised.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    6x and i'm almost 98% of the time within my macros.
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat about 6-8 times a day, inlcuding main meals and snacks.
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat about 6 times a day, I just schedule it out....but I'm confused about this whole breakfast being a sugary meal thing. Why does it have to be sweet? I eat eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast half of the time, which is definitely not sweet...

You don't HAVE to eat 6 times a day. Plenty of people don't, and their metabolisms are just fine. If you'd rather eat 3 square meals and you're getting the appropriate calories/macros, then don't sweat the whole 6 meals a day thing. I'm a grazer/snacker, so eating small meals several times a day just works better for me and keeps me from being hungry between meals.

Who said it has to be sweet? It doesn't really matter what you eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, what matters is that you eat a somewhat healthy meal. Sometimes I have a sandwich for breakfast or even a salad. Just make sure you eat at least three meals and and stay at or within you calorie alotment. Good luck and have fun losing weight. Don't make it a job. :flowerforyou:
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Usually breakfast, mid morning (11-12) snack, lunch at 2-3, and a snack at five. I often eat dinner late because of school. I'll have a light salad or vegetables and some fruit at anywhere between 7-10pm.
  • 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everyone has there own eating schedule that works for them. Try a couple of different eating times during the day for at least a month and see what works best for you. I read alot of message boards and posts, then extract what I think will work for me. I combined what I felt was best for me and created a good eating syetem and exercise program.

There is alot of smart peaple with good information on MFP. My eating schedule is six times a day, 2-3 hrs apart and 200-350 calories a meal. Calorie intake depends on if it's a workout day or rest day. I try to stay 200-300 calories below my allowable calorie intake, low carb, sodium, & fat/high protein. The fat has been melting off while maintaining muscle mass. Good Luck!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Six...I basically eat all day long ha!
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    - 3 meals a day, largest meal is usually lunch although dinner comes close sometimes.
    - Just before bed I drink about 1/3C of milk with my multivitamins and vit. D

I'm not hungry inbetween meals.. love drinking tea all day though :)
  • MissHaruko
    MissHaruko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I eat 5 times a day,
    Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner! :)
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    On average, three meals plus three snacks - morning, afternoon, evening. I sometimes drink a half bottle of Ensure instead of having a morning snack.
  • KMLD1975
    KMLD1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are not a huge Breakfast fan, you can try making smoothies...(they do not need to be sweet) or pre-made Oatmeal. I am not a huge Breakfast fan on work days either, I like to be able to sit and enjoy my meals, and the mornings I do not have time. I found however that if I make a smoothie or pre made oatmeal then I am eating "on the go" and "losing" because of it. Eat your Breakfast it really does start the day right! If you are a Pintrest person, look for Cold Oatmeal on the go.
  • deedee1271
    Options
    You are the third or fourth person I have seen say something about macros. What is that?
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You are the third or fourth person I have seen say something about macros. What is that?
    Macronutrients--carbs, protein, fat
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't count! I usually eat breakfast, and lunch, as planned meals. The rest is eating a bit here and there, when hungry, and I stop when I am full. I tend to not eat a meal for dinner because by the time I get off work, it's 9 pm and I don't a big meal, so maybe another light snack or bite or two.
  • moomaq
    moomaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    6 times, and its only since i started with mfp, i think eating regulary keeps hunger at bay. This way i dont go ruuning for
    a chocolate bar, or massive bowl of popcorn. 3 of those are snacks between meals, i think snacks are very small meals?
    they keep me going.

1 Breakfast 9am: cerial
    2 morning snack 11: yougourt

1 Lunch1 : salad& popcorn or toasted sunflower pumpkin seeds
    2 afternoon snack: 1 piece of fruit

1 pre dinner snack 6.30: linseed bread x2 slices peanut butter jelly
    2 Dinner: 8.30 - some form of hot food with plenty of carbs + meat.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    5-6