Never ever again ( what food will you never eat again)

Options
12346»

Replies

• Josette89
    Options
    Sadly, pizza hut and papa johns pizza are no longer eligible for eating. Too much fat, too many carbs, too many calories...and I am always still hungry.
    You are still hungry because of the wheat. ..... Wheat Belly, read it. it's awesome.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Combos (hard pretzel rolls with cheese in the middle)

I will never eat them again EVER. When I first started my weight loss journey I started looking at nutrition labels and was shocked at what I saw on these baby's. If I recall there are 700 calories per serving and there are 2.5 servings. Also they have a full days worth of sodium. Ugggh cant believe I used to eat that crap at least 1 or 2 times a week.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Anything with partially hydrogenated oil in it. i just can't do it.

Also, anything with splenda or other sweeteners that are unnatural I won't touch.

And anything "artificially flavored" for the most part unless i'm freaking out and binging.

And obviously nothing with dairy, egg, animal products in it, as well as wheat/gluten (but i'm still working on the gluten)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    There's probably no food that I'll "never" eat again. There are foods that I won't eat as often. Moderation is key. No need to make myself hate life though lol
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    Totinos party pizzas. I used to eat those all the time. Then I found out one of those tiny pizzas has 750 calories, and they barely fill up my stomach at all. Never again will I even take a bite of one of those things.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sadly, pizza hut and papa johns pizza are no longer eligible for eating. Too much fat, too many carbs, too many calories...and I am always still hungry.
    You are still hungry because of the wheat. ..... Wheat Belly, read it. it's awesome.

amen!!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    i will never again eat meat. i like the flavor but the texture of meat is just disgusting. yuck.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I won't entirely cut out anything I like, but I recently tried turkey bacon. I'll never eat that nasty garbage again!!!
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Meat. I became a vegetarian about a year ago and the sight of most meat (even in commercials) makes me nauseous.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    Brussell Sprouts !!!! A big sacrifice i know ;)

i love brussell sprouts. but just here in the past few years, they snuck up me along with collard greens and mustard greens.
  • nicolemarie1978
    nicolemarie1978 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    mcdonald's chicken nuggets - nor will I let my kids at them either. I get them the chicken selects now.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

In to watch the beat-down that will inevitably be administered by those who panic when they consider the idea of giving up their favorite wheat foods.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options

In to watch the beat-down that will inevitably be administered by those who panic when they consider the idea of giving up their favorite wheat foods.

Don't worry J, I brought the popcorn.... oh wait, I cant eat that anymore...
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started my healthy life style change years ago and over this time I have just found myself to be completely disgusted with foods that I KNOW are bad for me. It's not that I don't "allow" myself to have treats (trust me, I looove chocolate -- I will eat the bread and olive oil on the table if I'm out to eat -- I'll eat pizza if it's homemade -- I will go back for seconds if I want it -- I just find that I no longer WANT anything overly processed, packaged and especially the foods that don't "decay" haha.. I crave raw, clean healthy foods now. If I want something sweet, I CRAVE watermelon, or strawberries.. If it's something salty, I want peanuts or pistachios - something with a shell that I have to work for. It's weird, I like to have to work for my food a little. Even if sometimes it's just opening a bag of chips :wink:
  • shanewo
    Options
    Haven't touched McDonalds in over 3 years and will never eat it again!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You are still hungry after eating pizza?? I'm not doubting you, but that is the craziest thing I've heard in a long time. I find pizza to be one of the most filling foods around. I don't eat it real often but when I do I often don't go (much) over my calorie goal because I don't want to eat again for several hours.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Brussell Sprouts !!!! A big sacrifice i know ;)

i love brussell sprouts. but just here in the past few years, they snuck up me along with collard greens and mustard greens.

The girl in the office next to mine just walked by and said "I don't know what you are eating in there but it smells delicious". I told her it was leftover brussel sprouts and she said "Oh my gosh, I would not have guessed that in a million years". :laugh:

My brussel sprouts are the bomb!
  • colleenv
    Options
    I have cut out carbonated soda from my diet and have reduced my beer intake. I used to drink a lot of beer (from WI) and soda but now I lean towards water, lemonade, crystal light, and wine :) I can't seem to cut wine out. lol.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'll never eat meat again, nor any other byproducts of the slaughter of an animal (like gelatine, rennet or products cooked in animal fat). But that's not for health reasons, that's just because I'm a vegetarian. Have been for years.

In terms of eating 'healthily', well, my tagline is 'everything in moderation'. I see no reason to stop myself from eating McDonald's, pizza, chocolate, candy, white bread, white pasta or anything else that others seem to feel is a 'bad' food, as long as I don't eat too much of it.

I eat pizza, chocolate, bread, pasta and candy on a semi-regular basis and I always manage to fit it into my calories and macros. I've lost 26lbs so far so I can't be doing much wrong. I don't see the point of stopping yourself eating foods that you like when you can enjoy them in smaller portions and still lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.