Do you have THOSE friends...

Options

Replies

• good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I try to says something every day. If you are looking foe encouraging, honest friends, feel free to add me. My name is Norm and you can see my profile for more info. Good luck!!
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have yet to start using the friends feature on here, but on most social media sites I try to keep my friends to a small people that I actually like learning about or talk to, or people that post interesting things. I think that if you feel like there's no connection or you're not getting anything from their journals or statuses...then go ahead and delete! MFP should primarily be about getting healthy and be a positive place, and if it's becoming a Debby Downer zone for you, well...do what you can to fix it!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I acually tried to keep up with everyone on my friend list but found out that its too much work with my schedule.
    I tend to gravitate towards the people that I find interesting or funny. I also like anyone who is a runner.

This is not Facebook where everyone is on all the time.......I kind of like that about MFP.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Maybe they think you're needy and whiny.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    As long as they long in occasionally, post something funny or rude or entertaining, and send naked pictures, what else do you need?

Where do I find the naked pictures?? lol

Hahahaha......where are the naked pictures ?
    Thanks for the laugh.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I WILL BE YOUR AWESOME MOTIVATOR FRIEND :) Especially because you love the steelers just as much as I do haha :) I know it sucks but I just think that you need a new round of friends. There's plenty of us awesome people out here :)

Exactly what she said ^^ :drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    That you always try and support every day but they never support you back? I have 20 friends on my list...and I always take a few minutes every time im on to say a good word on their diarys, exercise and posts...and I only have 2 who are supportive back! Its just irritating me, its like the take and take and dont give back. :angry: I understand if the working people cant comment every day...but at least a few times a week...but I get nothing from these other people ever. Does this irritate you?
    Nope it does not irrate me. I don't comment to receive them back but to celebrate with them their victories along the way.

Some ppl are quiet and not going to be just like me, have a very busy household, are very limited on computer time etc. The fact that they log in to me is a reason to celebrate not be grumpy at them because "it's not all about me" today.

I know you'll find plenty that feel like you do and there will be some that don't and then you'll have many that don't respond to this type of thread because they don't have time...and that's A OK with me.

I'm here for ME and if I can help anyone along the path I'm eager to do that. But I don't rely on others comment to keep me going because once I turn off my computer the comments are gone anyway. Then we're on our own right?

I don't expect anything in return for my comments or kindness in general in life so when it comes back around as Karma, it's a sweet surprise!:love:

Cheers & Congrats for finding MFP and beginning a healthy new path!:drinker:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    As long as they long in occasionally, post something funny or rude or entertaining, and send naked pictures, what else do you need?

wait........I don't get naked pictures................ hmmm
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options

Where do I find the naked pictures?? lol

This! ^^^^
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I have to say no. All my friends are very supportive :-)
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    86 their a--. Keep those who return support. :drinker: :drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    Nope, because I removed those people from my friends list. There's just no point.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I've got Vera and my cunning hat and that's all I need.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think it's about giving where you feel like it... and receiving without expectations. I mean, sure... if you have people who never or rarely talk, then that can be a drag. But sometimes people are just really busy with work and life... and sometimes there are people I find worth following even though they can't comment often.

But most importantly... give without expectations of receiving.

Maybe you need to find more friends... and more compatible friends. There are lots of awesome people on here.

I agree but I do believe we are all really busy with life. There are times I work 70 hours a week, still workout and manage my home plus comment on others profiles. I do not expect back but for me personally that wasn't my point. It's more the fact I do not have a lot of time to sit on the PC reading and commenting on so many others posts when there is nothing back from some. Or they do not workout and or log in daily so they are not dedicated. It's just my way of keeping my list personal.

And YES! Lots of awesome people on here!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Cut the ones who don't support you. Work on keeping up with the ones who do and adding people you think you'll most get along with.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wildly inappropriate pics is all I ask for. Everyone else got deleted.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm quite sure people delete me if they realise we're not alike or don't have similar goals. I've done that, what's the big deal?! It's not like these people are real life friends, if they are tell them you need more support and they'll give it to you I'm sure.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say... I don't really care. My friends have their own lives and I'm in no position to judge how/when they use MFP. If they post and I catch it, I comment appropriately. If I never hear from someone after becoming MFP "friends" I really don't notice - I'm too busy with day-to-day stuff to bother tracking who is a good "pal" and who isn't.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Maybe they think you're needy and whiny.

They KNOW it now! :cry: :sad: :cry:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, and I'm probably one myself. I tend to interact with those who interact with me. So, the few friends I have that don't interact with me, I'm not worried about it. I like reading the forums and using the tools. It's all good.