Laughing cow cheese.....what to do with them?

Options
123457»

Replies

• roman109
    Options
    Bump Bump
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    i like to make cheese wontons with them. put a little on wonton wrapper and fold over. seal edges with a little water. bake until they start to look golden. great as a side with any chinese dish. you could add crab meat for crab rangoon. i use about 1 wedge for about 5 wontons.

I've never tried LC but lots of recipes and ideas sounded great, especially this one! Thanks!
  • sem021966
    Options
    Usually over pasta or spread on a sandwich or crackers. As a substitute for other cheeses in recipes when you want to keep cals/fat down. Mix it in potatoes or mashed couliflower. Last night I stuffed chicken breast with a mixture of sauteed garlic, onion, spinach and a light garlic and herb wedge and baked it. YUM!

That chicken sounds delicious! Will have to try that this week.
  • perla737
    perla737 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump, great ideas
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    LC bagel thins.. LC Replacing mayo and cheese on a sandwich..LC On veggies.. LCD On fruit.. LC chicken LC eggs LC plain...LC everything. I'm pretty much the laughing cow Bubba Blue.
  • Minnb
    Minnb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ohh the possibilities of what to do with the cheese wedges!!!
    Personally love to have one with a mini cucumber or two..especially great for one of those moments you're so hungry n tired that you feel like you may consume whatever crap you happen to stumble upon + perfect on the go option
    Try spreading one on whole wheat toast with some tomato slices on top...mmm
    I find that they compliment cooked veggies such as cauliflower,green beans,brussel sprouts,depending on how it's cooked asparagus.......
    Wheat thins and the creamy swiss taste as if they were made for each other..
    And the list goes on! Need I say more? Just go experiment n enjoy!
  • Heavybetty
    Heavybetty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    My husband lives for these little wedges! Bump!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I like to melt a wedge over steamed broccoli.

scrambled in eggs
    blue cheese wedge on celery
  • yasminjohaadien
    Options
    If i'm craving some mashed potato but without the added calories or butter and milk, I add one laughing cow, some pepper and a little nutmeg...smash it all up.

If you like whipped and super fluffy mashed potatoes, take a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of baking powder, and mix it in vigorously with a fork right at the end for about 10 seconds (don't do it too long or your potatoes will turn gloopy).

I also add it to pasta sauce with my whole wheat pasta.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    :laugh: too easy...
  • mistebolden
    mistebolden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JoniBologna - I have to agree! Processed cheese is not very tasty to me. East some real cheese - better tasting and soooo much better for you!
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Great ideas folks!!
  • lesliegail1986
    lesliegail1986 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use it as a substitute for mayo on sandwiches and burgers!