Boobs

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    No one wants you to lose those at all. I am not seeing the issue here

That's because you're a guy. Strap an extra 20 pounds to your chest and carry it around 24/7 and see how long it takes for you to sympathize. It's painful, restrictive, embarrassing, it makes us look even heavier than we already are, and I have to pay AT LEAST $40 a pop for a good bra.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my "Moobs" (manboobs) are gone :)
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    unfortunately...or ..err...fortunately-depends on your take, lol...."boobs" are adipose tissue..in other words, fat. If you lose weight at some point your boob size will to a certain extent, decrease with the weight loss. Unfortunately, you cant shape your boobs without surgery ( no im not suggesting that either ). You can shape the muscle underneath with resistance training but reducing the size is a result of weight loss.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Seriously, I am down more than 20 lbs and now a healthy weight and they aren't going anywhere. I read somewhere (maybe here) that if you have "dense boobs" (meaning more glandular tissue and less fat) you won't lose as much from your chest. My doctor actually mentioned to me that they were dense, and maybe yours are too. I think this is one of those "grass is greener on the other side" situations though.
    ETA I have been lifting for a couple of months too.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well, my boobs have changed..... eventually LOL I was originally a DD, now I'm 3 sizes smaller in the back size but have gone UP to an F cup!!!!!!!!!! Apparently it happens according to my bra fitter!

It took an awfully long time for any change to my bra size though, the only difference I first noticed was that everything was "heading south", so if you still have 'em, hang on to them!!!!!!!!
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Are there any exercises to target these weapons of mass destruction? I have lost 40 lbs and these things aren't shrinking!!! My pant size has gone down my waist is smaller but yup there they are!! It's very annoying and unflattering to me. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm considering an alternative that i don't really believe in if they are still here when I am down to my gal weight. grrr!

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how a smaller waist and pant size, yet maintaining boob size, is unflattering.

Either they're absolutely ginormous, or you're not looking at it from a guy's perspective.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    24200003.jpg
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    If your bodyfat gets down low enough, they'll shrink. Boobs are really just fat in a socially acceptable area. You can strengthen the muscles underneath with Bench press, Dumbbell presses, chest flyes, but they'll only shrink with bodyfat loss.

This. Genetics decide where you lose fat first/last. You'll probably eventually lose at least some of them. There is no exercise that will change how much you have, just the appearance (strength training can "perk" them up).
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It stands to reason that they will eventually shrink, but if they are causing you discomfort I would work to stregthen your core... then work on the muscle underneath like several others have suggested. I carry around DD's myself, but I have never wanted them to shrink, I have however wanted them to be easier to carry around. :)
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Seriously, I am down more than 20 lbs and now a healthy weight and they aren't going anywhere. I read somewhere (maybe here) that if you have "dense boobs" (meaning more glandular tissue and less fat) you won't lose as much from your chest. My doctor actually mentioned to me that they were dense, and maybe yours are too. I think this is one of those "grass is greener on the other side" situations though.
    ETA I have been lifting for a couple of months too.

I have the same issue - mine are dense, just genetics! I've lost weight before, but they always stick around :laugh:

Apparently from a man's point of view, it's all good :wink:
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I understand your pain. But the fella's here crack me up with their comments. God love them.:heart:
  • MindyEstes
    Options
    two bras? why? I was and still am a 44DD and never had to wear two...just curious
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I only half wish I had that problem. I know too many friends who are well endowed and miserable with it. One had reduction surgery. Unfortunately for me all my weight is in my hips, thighs and most recently, my stomache, not my chest. However, having said that, I agree with working your chect muscles shoulders and arms to help tone the muscles and this will hopefully help "lift the weight" so to speak. Just start off slow, it really sucks when your whole chest hurts from doing too much too quickly.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't shrunk at all ... I'm a 36 G and can't wait for breast reduction surgery!

Just tried on 20 bras last night and decided order a 36DD online and hope it fits. My ribs get smaller, the rest, nope.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Options
    Hahaha! Nit at your question, but at all the dudes responses. We are such simple creatures...
  • huggykpuma
    huggykpuma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction best thing that ever happened to me
  • tritostayfit
    Options
    Well the opposite is happening for me... the smaller my stomach gets the bigger my junk looks.. woo hoo!
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well the opposite is happening for me... the smaller my stomach gets the bigger my junk looks.. woo hoo!

This.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I love how boys think having big boobs couldn't possibly be a problem.

Maybe if they had ()() that were the size of cantelopes or even basketballs they'd get it.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

PROOF?