On average how many times per day do you guys eat?

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My meals range a lot.
    On weekends it can be one Huge meal and a small snack later.
    And on the weekdays I usually have a small breakfast (egg & Turkey Bacon) then something 3 hrs later and then a lunch and then dinner and after that maybe a glass of wine.
    Currently today was a bit bad for me, I've only had one huge lunch of oatmeal but will have an amazing clean -out the fridge dinner which will include a lot of spinach and garlic... so excited.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It depends--some days it's like 5-6, other days it's like 8-10. No fewer than 5 for me.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Due to my hypoglycemia and slow motility, 6-7 times a day works for me. I eat every 2-3 hrs and my largest meal is breakfast or lunch. There is no set rule, I do not believe in the attitude "no eating after 7 pm" blah blah blah. Some can eat 3 times a day and be fine, some can eat like I do and it works for them. If I skip meals I tend to overeat and find myself wanting things I normally wouldn't. Find what works for you!
  • stuckinsecond
    Options
    I tend to eat every two hours up till dinner or I get irritatable. Dinner goes on until I feel satiaty and then my day is done. Works for me :)
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals a day,and 2-3 small snacks.Drink lots of water.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I was told that I should eat about 6 times a day, but that is really hard for me. They say it is what will keep your metabolism at an appropriate level. I forget to eat about every two to three hours. Any suggestions? When I do eat, I try to make sure that I have a protein, slow and fast carb, but that is really the only thing I have down. The snacks are what I forget and sometimes it is hard to get that breakfast in because when I wake up I start work and forget until about 10 or so that I have not had breakfast. I am not accustomed to eating breakfast because when I was younger it made me sick. Breakfast is such a sweet meal and I am not really into sugary things.

You should look into Leangains Intermittent Fasting. It sounds like it would fit well with your lifestyle. You don't have to eat breakfast, so you can relax about that. :flowerforyou:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    6am: protein dessert
    10am: protein smoothie
    12: lunch
    2pm: protein dessert
    5pm: light meal
    8pm: post-workout meal
    9pm: dinner
  • esonq13
    Options
    I eat 5 times a day....breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. There are other options for breakfast besides muffins and doughnuts/donuts (ie. other sweets). Those aren't exactly healthy anyway. I used to make omlets at night and just reheat them in the morning to save time. You could also eat yogurt, granola, oatmeal, protein shake, turkey bacon/sausage, veggie bacon/sausage, or fruit just to name some options. I prefer eggs (or egg beaters or egg whites) and some type of meat (usually turkey or veggie sausage). I know veggie sausage isn't meat, but it goes well wih eggs. If I use real whole eggs, I just use 1 egg. With egg beaters or egg beater egg whites I do 1/2 cup.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it matters, if your way of eating doesn't suit you, change it.

I have heard that the whole "eat regular to keep metabolism ticking along" isn't really true. Well that it is true, but it's relevant to the size of meal / calories you eat. So if you eat 1200 calories over 6 meals.... or 1200 calories over 2 meals.... it works the same way. I'm not a sciency person so don't know how true it is but just something I read. But eating regular works better for some and not for other. Everyone is different so just find somthing to suit you.

I eat 2-3 times a day. No breakfast. Lunch around 12, if hungry a snack around 3pm. Them my dinner in the evening, normally around 6pm.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    For me:

Breakfast
    Elevenses
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack (if I still have cals. I need to fit in).

But I have to eat 5 - 6 times a day (medical issue) . Otherwise it would probably be just 4.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    How often & what time you eat is irrelevant. Just get your calories in for the day. Doesn't matter if you do it in 1 meal or 20 meals.

^ I do the same thing.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about this whole breakfast being a sugary meal thing. Why does it have to be sweet? I eat eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast half of the time, which is definitely not sweet...

I agree. I eat eggs, sausages, cheese on toast, bread with peanut butter, for breakfast. I've never heard that breakfast has to be sweet. Sometimes I eat fruit, which obviously is sweet, but most often I eat eggs or sausages.

How often I eat depends on my routine. During the week, when I'm working, I eat breakfast before work, lunch at work, and evening meal when I get home. At weekends or when I'm not working, I just eat randomly throughout the day.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm an all day grazer, that's how i got my nickname. when I was little I was teeny tiny, never sat still and was constantly munching on something. Like a hummingbird.

That way of eating has stayed with me into adulthood. I guess you could also call it the Hobbit eating plan..first breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies etc lol
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals and 2-3 snacks between meals. Otherwise on exercise days I don't eat enough and end up making up the difference with junk food.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I eat stuff all day, depending on the day. I work a lot, so usually I only get 3 meals. I am not a conventional eater, so cereal with almond milk as lunch is totally norm for me. Also I hate cooking, so I'm all about fresh stuff. :) I have BANNED fast food from my life, due to factory farming, not due to fat or calories so that makes it easy for me to not go next door to my job and grab curly fries, as much as I miss them. :)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I've been grazing these last few weeks - eat when I'm hungry and don't when I'm not. Also have been experimenting with a 14-hour fast (ends at lunchtime) - I workout before going into the office in the morning. Still hitting calorie goals and macros. Drink at least a gallon of water a day (either straight or via green tea).

Just experiment to find out what works for you because NO body is alike.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    3-4. I have no time to eat more.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. I get really hungry if I don't eat every 3-4 hours so it works out perfect for me.
  • HypnoticHaylee
    Options
    id say 5-6 times
  • MyBodyMyMachine
    Options
    Who says breakfast should be sugary/sweet? I personally recommend a balance of carbs (complex) and lean protein at each meal, keeping sugar intake low. Whoever recommends a sweet breakfast, I strongly disagree with.