Do you tell all?

Options
12346»

Replies

• brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    what benefit would there be to lying? i've made excuses my whole life, i don't want to anymore.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything. Even if it is a bite of something. I have a tendency to snack a lot throughout the day so if i didn't add all the small things i would be lying to myself :P
    The only thing i am not strict on logging is the exercise, but food is a must :)
  • roguestates
    Options
    You have to log all. the "little stuff" adds up very, very quickly.

The act of recording changes people's behavior. Having to log that bite or bit of candy might make you change your mind.

It's also not just about calories. Some people respond to some foods certain ways. If I track everything, then it'll be easier to identify the source of the problem if I have an upset stomach, bloating, etc. Someone on my friends list discovered that she may have adverse reactions to high consumption of wheat. Had she not logged ALL her food, she wouldn't have noticed the disproportional increase of wheat foods she ate in the week that she experienced problems. It's not surefire, but it gives you a place to start.

edited to add: I hadn't realised how MUCH I consumed on a daily basis until I logged everything. I snacked/grazed a lot and the calories really added up. That's what made me overweight. Now that I'm aware of my intake, I'm a much more mindful eater. I'm satisfied nutritionally and calorically, and I know exactly what goes into my body.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    To me, the whole point of MFP and logging is to make sure you record everything and hold yourself accountable. It's those little things that add up and cause the weight gain in the first place. You'll never really get there if you aren't 100% honest with yourself.
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Everything, i don't always put my exercise on as i'd rather bank the calories than think i have more left to eat. Even if i add it as quick kals i add it on. It's easier that way then i know where i'm at.

Fin x
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I log everything. The only things I have probably not logged er cups of coffee and tea.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I log everything cause i know that if i didnt i would only be cheating myself and if i didnt lose, my food diary would provide no answers as to why
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do log all candy that I eat, but I do not log things like the soy or fish sauce that I use, or spices. The amount is too small to make much of a difference in the overall calorie count.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    To me, the whole point of MFP and logging is to make sure you record everything and hold yourself accountable. It's those little things that add up and cause the weight gain in the first place. You'll never really get there if you aren't 100% honest with yourself.

See this seems to be the gernal view here, and partly I see the point, but I do think that MFP is a tool to use as you see fit, in whatever way helps you. I don't log everything, as I said, and often that is about not putting bad stuff, as it is things like takeaway and tubs of ice cream rather than the little stuff (i do not worry bout that) . I can't beleive I am the only person who does this! I don't agree that you'll never get there if you aren't always honest, but I do agree that the proof is in the pudding... I have been successful so far in changing my diet and lifestyle, and also lost weight, so MFP works for me, even if I do use it in my own unconventional way! xxxxx