Almond Milk?

Options

Replies

• diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Milk was something that I always refused to budge on ....none of that skim milk watery crud for me. But.... as I was firmly committed to positive lifestyle changes I decided to give the almond milk a go .... and it was terrible. But its fuel not a luxury so I went back again and bought a different brand and I really enjoyed it. Now I cant see myself ever going back to regular milk. I like the unflavored ones as the nutty taste is to my liking.
  • mel7261
    Options
    It is costly but I love it!
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I love it. And it's a fairly easy switch if you're used to skim milk.... But forewarning: using it as a "creamer" in coffee gives your coffee floaties. Ew.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I make my almond milk, and it's easy to make, if you have a blender. I also make coconut milk. I love them both.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I love the taste, but hate the extremely low protein amount.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    almond milk is good - but it has a lot of sodium. I switched to so delicious unsweetened coconut milk -- hardly any sodium, and works great in cooking and in my protein shakes.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yes just had some on my cereal. Wouldn't say it tastes gorgeous to be honest but I don't have dairy as I have mild MS and it may make it progress, plus I'm against the cruelty of the dairy industry. I think soya tastes slightly nicer but read about it being good for you and it not being good for you, so trying to cut down soya use, so switched to almond for my milk. It is low cal, I quite like it in milk now. I don't think it's gross, or gorgeous, you get used to it!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It took a little getting used to taste wise, but I love it. I'm lactose-intolerant, so it's a great substitution. I use it to make my protein shakes and my oatmeal in the morning.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Silk has some almond milk coupons out there right now. I got one in my e-mail bogo yesterday. Just google it.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I got some unsweetened Almond coconut milk on sale last week and thought for a little more than half the calories of skim I'd give it a try. Best find ever. :)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk is delicious! A lot less sugar than regular and more protein. Try it!! I looooove it! It's great for cereal and smoothies.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it, but prefer regular milk. However, almond milk is cheaper than lactose free milk so for the most part, I'm sticking with almond milk. The taste takes some getting used to, but after a bit it's not bad at all.
  • msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk!!! I use a plain unsweetened for cooking and keep almond coconut around for my smoothies. Occassionaly I will buy chocolate to drink by the glass. I save a ton of calories and my stomach thanks me for not drinking cows milk!
  • omanitshann
    Options
    At first I thought it was sort of weird, but i kept drinking it, and now I love it!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some almond milk - Sweetened vanilla and chocolate. NOM!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love it and it is the only milk currently in my fridge. Silk pure almond unsweetened vanilla is only 30 calories a cup. Tastes great on cereal and I never drink plain milk anyway so it works for me.
  • lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I personally love it in my shakes and on my breakfast cereal!

And it's lower in calories than regular skimmed milk and so much more healthy.

It is a little sweeter, but if you like almonds then you'll love almond milk.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    To me and everyone in my family (all very wide, broad, healthy eaters - not a picky one among us)

Flavored almond milk tastes good to me - like the soda in an ice cream soda. But it has no fewer calories than skim milk and is way more expenisve (it does have more calcium). And it's sweet, and I find eating artificially sweetened things to be a bad habit for me.

Unflavored normal almond milk with no sweeteners tastes like milk of magnesia.

Both are okay in granola or muesli.
  • redhottie57
    Options
    Hi....looks like almond milk is an amazing choice for those seeking a "milk-like" alternative to the poisoned dairy cow milk and milk products that most people choose for taste and consistency alone. If someone told you that you were actually changing the chemistry of your body for the worst by drinking rBGH laden milk products would taste truly matter? If just one person tells someone they love about the dangers of rBGH and so on...we may make a difference. Check out this site...http://www.sustainabletable.org/issues/rbgh/index.php

Good health to you all!:wink:
  • kris10cass
    kris10cass Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ive been drinking it for about 2 months now.. I buy the unsweetened too.. LOVE IT! I don't drink it by the glass.. but use it for cereals or protein shakes.