Replies

• Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Vanilla Unsweet 40 calories
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    it was like slighty bitter toasty white water.

I like unsweetened almond milk with my daily porridge but I have to say, your description is pretty spot-on!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I really like it. I use the vanilla unsweetened mostly. I cook with it, and use it in coffee. I don't drink glasses of it. I also like the almond/coconut blend.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, original unsweetened (no flavor) I don't mind it in oatmeal or cereal, on it's own it's so-so. I understand regular milk because of lactose has natural sugars and all that, but I still wanted something less, fat/calorie wise too.

Do whatever works for you. If you try it and don't like, don't feel like you have to force yourself to drink it.

*edit, by no flavor I mean, not anything like vanilla. The basic natural flavor is nutty -- hence almond milk. lol
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use it in my protein shakes! I think it tastes awesome! I use it mainly because there are a lot of health benefits to it and the kind I buy is only 35 cals per cup! "Almond Fresh Unsweetened"
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    love almond milk... especially since it has a lot less calories than cow's milk. Use it in my protein shakes and smoothies. My son will drink it too in his chocolate milk if we run out of regular.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I tried it & at first I was a little iffy about it, then I fell in love! I can drink a glass of it plain, or warmed up with some sweetener as a late night treat. It's great in smoothies, over oatmeal & with cold cereal. I could never go back to regular milk. I drink the Almond Breeze original unsweetened.
  • brenbell
    brenbell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We switched when we discoverd our son was allergic to milk. Now all we have in our house is either almond milk or soy. I drink soy and everyone else drinks almond. I like almond but as a woman I like the benifits of soy. My son didnt like the taste at first but now has it on his cereal. I made pudding with almond milk and my 30 year old son loved it!! Try vanila flavored first till you get used to it.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    LOVE it :) Start with the regular and if you like it you can move to unsweetened, but I have gone back to regular cuz the extra 40 cals are nummy :)
  • SeamsSewWright
    Options
    Blue Diamond Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk is delicious. The regular sweetened is OK, but if you're adding to cereal the vanilla flavor goes a long way. I've tried all brands, and Blue Diamond is the closest to regular milk- hands down.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like it with my cereal but not in my coffee.
  • thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If only I could buy this in Bournemouth..........all the local stockists stopped selling it earlier this year for some unknown reason and its REALLY annoying as I haven't had the chance to even try it yet.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I like it. I try to not have a lot of dairy for my own reasons and almond milk helps me enjoy little things like cereal and shakes..

I especially like the Blue Diamond Coconut blended ones. Yum.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk, but I don't drink it straight. I use it for shakes/smoothies mostly. I was using Silk vanilla soy milk, but switched to almond milk to reduce calories, however, it does not contain as much protein.The taste is ok. Not quite as good as the soy milk, in my opinion.
  • haylz247
    Options
    i love hazelnut milk (alpro do it) so tasty on my bran flakes in the morning!
  • Navotc
    Options
    We love it. If you're looking for something to taste just like cow's milk, you'll be disappointed. But, if you're willing to have a new beverage experience and try it on its own merits, it's really quite tasty. The chocolate and the vanilla are both very nice. My husband uses the unsweetened vanilla on cereal. For regular drinking I don't like the unsweetened as well.
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try it - dairy doesn't agree with me and while I can't drink a glass of almond milk and pretend it's a nice cold glass of real milk, it is great in smoothies and cereal. When I go crazy, I get the Blue Diamond sweetened chocolate and drink it ice cold from the glass. It has a different consistency and colour and if you expect it to be EXACTLY like dairy milk, you will be sorely disappointed but if you try it as something new, you might really like it.
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    Options
    Love it. It's great. Better for you than milk with way more calcium. And it's Way less calories. Unsweetened Plain or Vanilla for me!!!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love it! I use it in protein shakes and oatmeal.
    Low calorie and extra calcium which everyone needs.