Zero calorie "meal" (or close to 0)

Options

Replies

• haylz247
    Options
    eat more protein and carbs. have some wholewheat pasta and meat with a yummy sauce. or low calorie wraps and fill with whatever you love!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Eat some of tomorrow's calories. Our bodies don't work on a 24 hour clock you know. Eat less calories tomorrow to make up for today..
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If you are 'starving' then eat nutrient-dense food.

If you are eating, not getting the results you want and still 'starving' at the end of the day then take a good look at what you are eating.

Zero calorie meals, Jesus, what have we come to?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure why one would want a zero calorie meal? What's the point?
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk for an hour, then go eat something real. kthx
  • HeinzPrincess
    Options
    Sugar free jello.

If I'm HONESTLY HUNGRY I eat. But for quite awhile I would eat pickles or sugar free jello for those "want to eat" cravings.
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If hungry = EAT food. Listen to your body.

This. There are calorie goals, but if your stomach is making loud growls, it's telling you it burned up what you ate today. Your stomach has usually been empty for a LONG time by the time it starts to growl. Just eat a normal snack, log it, and move on. I would recommend an apple, or a cup of apple sauce. The cup of applesauce is 100 calories and VERY filling.
  • Alford96
    Options
    I just gotta say, if it was MY mom's cooking, I would have eaten a small amount and worked out extra hard the next day. There is no way I am passing up my moms cooking for sauerkraut!

Having said that, If I were starving, I'd probably eat a small salad with limited dressing but if I'm just snacky, I drink a cup of hot herbal tea.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Trust me, I don't have an eating disorder...but at the end of the day, when I've already eaten my alloted 1200 calories, sometimes I'm still hungry...and the night is still young, so chowing down on some very low cal foods beats the hunger.
  • migdalp
    migdalp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Especially the Kosher baby dill ones are like 5 calories. They are available at Dollar Tree, if you happen to have those in your area.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    If you are "starving", you need to eat calories.

Just sayin.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Celery... doesn't Celery have negative calories? :tongue:
  • KateP6531
    Options
    Pickles are 0 calorie, however they are high in sodium. A couple of dill spears will tide you over.
  • dominikaro
    Options
    The whole big rgg plant is only 100kcal. bake it, take the musse from inside, blend it with your fav spices/herbs. You can it it on it's own or dip some celery/carrots in it. Also any kind of home made vegetable soup made with no oil is going to be almost zero kcal.
  • sionnain
    Options
    i'm a fan of cucumber and tomato salad with ground pepper and lemon juice.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you're eating something just to put food in your mouth, you're either not eating enough or you're "mentally" hungry rather than physically. 0 calorie food has 0 nutrition. It's pointless.

No one needs 1200 calories to lose weight. Why not just give yourself a couple hundred more calories and NOT feel like you need to eat saurkraut with salt and pepper in order to stave hunger?
  • bga008
    Options
    Exercise so you can get more calories
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nobody typically "WANTS" a zero calorie meal, BUT if you have eaten all of your calories for the day, and eaten good food at that, you still may need a little "something" to make it through the rest of the day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with getting a few ideas about low cal (or no cal) foods to curb that hunger. Geez.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Peeled sliced lemons with a dash of salt. YUMMY! Of course I'm the only person I know who loves to eat lemons.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you are 'starving' then eat nutrient-dense food.

If you are eating, not getting the results you want and still 'starving' at the end of the day then take a good look at what you are eating.

Zero calorie meals, Jesus, what have we come to?

Echo. Eating as I would pre-lifestyle change, I could easily consume my daily calorie limit within a matter of hours - and be starving an hour later. It all depends on what you're eating. When I make wise food choices (as opposed to a portion of white bread or hot tamales candies simply because these happen to fit within my calorie limit), my 1,200 cal. daily requirement is FAR from sparse. Consult my food diary; I feel like I'm constantly returning to the trough. ;)