What's the worst that can happen? (on a run)

Options

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    runner-diarrhea.jpg

Oh, that's just terrible =(
  • wluyando
    wluyando Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    poor guy =(
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    runner-diarrhea.jpg

and, do you know that all i feel for this guy is sympathy. poor bugger. gross though.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sudden death? (Oh, sorry, not particularly funny...but could happen without injury or accident.)

I almost ran into a deer once. There's a section of a nearby trail that cuts through a wooded area...was dark on my return to the car...literally had to sidestep him.

Oh, and I was chased for at least a quarter mile by a flock of turkeys once. Very comical...except for the fact that I was probably in serious danger.
  • got2bstrong
    Options

Thank you!
    :)

WORST nightmare. HANDS DOWN!

My worst nightmare would be running behind this guy..........

yum!

I have to give him credit... he finished the race. I would have been too mortified to carry on, but HE DID IT! Determination.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I was on a long run and had to pee. Ducked behind a bush and decided to try pulling my shorts aside instead of pulling them right down because two runners had told me they did it that way. I guess I wasn't very co-ordinated because when I started to run I felt a wet short flapping against my leg! I had to hide in the bushes and call my husband to come and get me- and make sure he put an old towel on the seat LOL!

I may or may not have done the "pretend like I'm tying my shoe at the side of the trail when I'm actually taking care of business" trick. (While I don't know for sure, because of an essential component of the execution of this trick, I suspect this only works well for guys.)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    D:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Got sweat into my iphone and the screen wouldn't light up anymore - a few hours in a jar of rice fixed it though, i think....
    that'll teach me to buy the proper armband for it though...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Got sweat into my iphone and the screen wouldn't light up anymore - a few hours in a jar of rice fixed it though, i think....
    that'll teach me to buy the proper armband for it though...

wow thats a very sensitive phone
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The trots are definetely the worst I've had to deal with. Not as bad as the photo guy, but I really, really needed the portalet by the time I found it. Since I run on the sidewalk beside a pretty busy road, I have a vague fear of falling into the road, though honestly it'd be nearly impossible to do so.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ZOMBIE ATTACK!!!

First thing that came to my mind too, especially since one of my favourite routes goes right past a cemetary :P
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ZOMBIE ATTACK!!!

First thing that came to my mind too, especially since one of my favourite routes goes right past a cemetary :P

My most common route is in the cemetery!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    All these poo stories makes glad that the majority of my running is done in a city park. There's a nice 2 mile loop around a little lake and there are four sets of restrooms around the track. I guess my worst case scenario would be having to use the porta-potty version instead of one of the three modern toilets.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Poop! number one fear. If I don't get to go before a run I'm freaking out the whole time I'm running. Had to duck behind a tree and pee once after my first 7.5 mile run. Unfortunately almost ALL my long runs have no bathrooms anywhere along the way.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I use my iPhone as a gps & a pedometer & a music player... if my iPhone ran out of batteries, I'd probably cry. lol

ETA: I run & walk along a route that takes me past numerous gas stations and dept. stores with restrooms so restrooms are not an issue for me.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Running along the canal when the extremely hot weather has caused a big die-off in the carp population. The stench of dead, rotten fish permeated the hot humid air, no getting away from it anywhere. Every time I inhaled I gagged and dry heaved. Ended up vomiting up everything I'd eaten in the past two years, and gagged and dry heaved every step of the way home.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Bird attacks. There is a bridge underpass on one of my routes with nesting swallows. My pace increases quickly when I run past their nests. Crazy dive bombers!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    ZOMBIE ATTACK!!!

LOL - can't say it hasn't crossed my mind.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's also extremely annoying when you have one earpiece of your headphones short out. Possibly, more annoying than the music dying completely. Very minor, but annoying none the less.

I've had that one. Or it cuts in and out on one side and you're fiddling around while trying to keep stride, then eventually just giving up on listening. Yes, annoying.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have the same worsts as therest of you, but i bet you cant top my bests!

I have been attacked and licked to death by puppies...seriously. The owner couldn't get the puppies(3) off me, I had to walk to their yard so they could tie them up. I smiled for the next 5 miles.

Running at dawn, I was surrounded by owls. It was the most beautiful thing ever. I counted three. They stayed with me for about a half mile, going tree to tree, house to house. Not aggressive just curious. I think it was my music (Florence and the machine on iPod no headphones). I felt like I was in a Harry potter movie.