Aldi grocery store - favorite foods!

Options

Replies

• bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips on great things to try! I'm heading to Aldi's tomorrow and am going back through this thread and making a list.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ours has feta cheese and blue cheese that I add to my salads. The hummus is really good too and the Fit and Active cheese sticks. We usually get our meat at the local grocery stores when they have their sales, but I will occasionally pick up meat there and it's always been good. Especially the pork loin. We buy our frozen tilapia and shrimp there also.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Frozen Tilapia, Fruit, Chicken breast and wings, & fudge popsicles (40 calories)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    There was a pizza they sold there for a limited time. It was a stone cooked thin pizza with 4 kinds of gourmet cheese. It was incredible.
    I love Aldi. My family has stopped there for years. I shop there as often as I can.
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Great tip! I love Aldi

The key with Aldi, at least in our area, is to know what days the produce trucks come - ask the people working there, they usually come on a schedule - and go to the store that afternoon or the next morning for the best produce! My sis-in-law works at an Aldi, and she's been a mine of information, LOL.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Aldi's has a lot of foods with Hydrogenated Oils and I also tend to avoid foods with high fructose syrup and enriched bleached flour.

That said, I get Moser Roth 70% dark chocolate bars, avocados, tanimura & antle lettuce and I always check out their imports.

Fave thing I've had were blueberry and strawberry frozen yogurt bars. Haven't been able to replicate them. Ooooooohhhh and the best best best thing I ever had was Tiramisu Gelato, imported from italy, oh god it was so good. They haven't had it in years.

And they discontinued my Grandessa coconut cranberry almond granola cereal. Jerks.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Orange and carrot juice!! i think the aldi one has something else in it too... but its my favourite!! :D x
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I've never shopped at Aldi--all of the ones near us tend to be in 'rough' neighborhoods.

Did you know, though, that Aldi is the parent company of Trader Joe's? Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum...
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Aldi is amazing! I need to shop there more often!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am very frugal and Aldi's helps that a lot, especially with produce, it is always so expensive at other stores, but especially in the summer your can get strawberries and a whole pineapple for $.99! yes!!!! Love how their stores are simply laid out as well, in, and out!
  • ThisisSteph04
    ThisisSteph04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Aldi! I always make it a point to stop at one whenever I'm in Dallas. They have THE BEST produce selection (fruits & vegetables) at very competitive prices. The city I live in is in the process of building one. I can't wait til they open!
  • tinytinam
    tinytinam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Aldis really is great. Their "be light" range of bacon is delicious. Everything is good value except maybe their individual packet soup portions (instant cup a soup). They are poor. They have great veg and I have enjoyed everything I buy their. There striploin steak is great, as is their free range chicken.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of stuff at aldi. Their Ranch dressing is great as is there bagged salads. There is so much there I love. I do not like their standard coffee.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ALDI!!! My food diary is almost all Aldi products. :laugh:

Most of their stuff has less of the processed junk in it too. I love their Fit and Active line.

While some stuff is much better (and A LOT cheaper) some stuff I still have to buy at other stores because my daughter can't have High Fructose Corn Syrup. :frown:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have never been to Aldi's. Alot of ppl have said that their produce and meat is the low end. Have you guys bought any of that stuff there? whats good and what should i stay away from?

I don't eat red meat so I am not sure on that but their turkey is Jenny 0 so it is exactly what is in the other stores but for a fraction of the price.

Their chicken seems to be pretty good as well.
  • roxyj0mar
    roxyj0mar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi. I do most of my shopping there. Their produce is better, fresher & cheaper than the other stores in my small town.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Aldi is my favorite.

I love Clancy's veggie chips there, they also had their version of popchips which were BETTER. They have bags of almonds that are huge for less than 5 dollars. They have artisan/organic salad tubs for 1.49. I just bought some Turkey Kielbasa there to go with sauerkraut, only 1.99. I got three bulbs of garlic for .62 cents, cucumbers .49 cents, etc. It really is worth the trip.

The fit & Active brand is awesome. They have a lean cuisine type thing in the frozen section, with pumpkin stuffed ravoli with squash and asparagus. It's delish. <3
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    YES! i do not do all of my shopping there, I do not get meat or the like there, primarily produce *(which is always super cheap) but i also buy their salmon filets, peeled bags of shrimp, frozen stuff, spices, oils, and the like! fabulous prices, and an easy place to shop as well:) <3<3n-
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Aldi's rocks!!!!!!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I used to buy chobani greek yogurt until I saw the adli brand was virtually the same thing for much cheaper! I looooove their deli sliced smoked turkey and roast beef! Low cal, high protein! yay
    I also love the fit and active cheese crackers. They taste better than cheezits!