GUYS ONLY !! Show me your BEFORE and AFTERs

Options

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    DANG! We have a lot of good looking men on MFP!

You are all making me miss my husband who I haven't seen in 6-1/2 months. He's been working in Antarctica all winter with not much to do during his free time except to work out, so he is looking more cut and hotter than ever in the pictures he sent to me. I can't wait till he comes home in 2 more weeks!
  • smiles4support
    Options
    GREAT JOB...I'm glad there are SO many guys that care about their health/looks as much as us girls!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks fantastic. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    BandD_zpsec292625.jpg
    Before 470-490 lbs. I never got an exact measurement. At the time I didn't have access to a scale that could measure me accurately. BF % was estimated around 47%

Currently : 316 lbs. BF% 34.4
    Goal: 200-220 lbs range. BF% probably 15% range. My doctor says I should be 175-190. I say he is crazy.

Stats
    32 yr old, height 6'3, large frame
    Calories 2200 and up depending on how much I burn that day.
    Protein 200-250

I lift 3x a week and do a combination of swim, walk, jog and Zumba for cardio 4-5x a week.
    When I began Dec. 2009 my health was a wreck. Diabetes type II, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and also needed to be on a beta blocker. I even discovered I had broken bones in both ankles that I developed overtime from being so heavy. My doctor weaned me off the meds as I kept improving and dropping weight. I got rid of the diabetes Jan 2011 as well as the other issues I had. I no longer needed to take any meds. All I take for supplements now is protein powder, fish oil and multivitamin.

Diet wise I quit soda pop cold turkey and followed a Atkins light version of a diet. while I had the diabetes. I stick to mostly non-processed foods and I am pretty good with my diet 80% of the time. On the occasion I do have naughty things I stick within my calorie limits and I have that 1x a week.

Great job Lacroyx!!! I see you (your feed on my page) kill it all the time at zumba/gym and you totally earned this! *epic chest bump*!
  • mfprichard1
    Options
    tabinmaine, you are my new best friend. So much EYE CANDY, I'm getting a toothache!!!!!!!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    320# Vs 227#
    scaled.php?server=820&filename=fatgn.jpg&res=landing

*I also have to be the only person that can move to Mimai and get paler
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    320# Vs 227#
    scaled.php?server=820&filename=fatgn.jpg&res=landing

HOLY COW! Great job!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Me before (at ~285):

Me-beforeA_zps18cdff89.jpg

Me during/now (at 228):

me-Sept12_zps25852045.jpg

Now, it's working!
  • ncprasad
    ncprasad Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to one day add my photos to this thread. Keep them coming!
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/745779-two-years-of-fun

I think the decision to do cardio is largely preferential. I did none because I can't stand it.

Protein needs will vary but 1g/lb LBM should be a good baseline.

oh! how could i have missed this one. Check it out.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great thread! You guys look amazing. =)
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Y'all look great! Keep up the awesome work!
  • mbw2586
    Options
    In:

80ish lbs lost:

VZmA2.jpg

kg1pH.jpg

Nice!! :wink:

Really nice! Like a different person.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen, I applaud all of you. :drinker:

Great job...and all looking mihgty fine I might add.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    In:

80ish lbs lost:

VZmA2.jpg

kg1pH.jpg

You look adorable. :smile:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Just WOW! :flowerforyou: You guys have all done such great jobs getting in shape !!

Please maybe explain what kind of calories you ate while lifting and how much protein. I know some of you have but other's have not.

it's good to see the results but even better to hear how you achieved it !!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Woohoo look at you! You remind me of Mc-Steamy on Grey's Anatomy... Hot stuff!!!
    I started in April of 2011 at 285 lbs and a 40 inch waist. Now, I am down to 196 lbs and a 32 inch waist. When I started, I had higher than normal blood pressure (was almost in need of high blood pressure meds), I had sleep apnea, ran out of breath easily, was always too hot and uncomfortable, and got sick often. I had been working shiftwork (nights and days) for 14 years straight. I wouldn't say I ate terrible food, but I was pretty inactive. Probably on my way to a heart attack.

Now, I switched to working days only, workout about 6-9 hours a week, and eat healthier. I am stronger, faster, healthier, and have a resting heart rate of 46 and normal blood pressure. Oh, and I haven't been sick for over a year.

Before @ 285 lbs:
    100_0126.jpg

After @ 196 lbs:
    Hiking
    20120619_114608.jpg
    20120723_153958.jpg
    20120730_131344.jpg

Mountain Climbing (and posing) :)
    20120809_132338.jpg

Posing :)
    Untitled.jpg

20120920_112450_zps706bd881.jpg

My food diary is open for anyone who wants to look at what I eat. I'm not perfect, but it worked for me.

All you guys look great and I just have to ask, Is it hot in here or is it just me? *fans self* I'm in full fledged drool mode right now.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great work guys!! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!