Crazy Cat People Only!

Options
lizblizz2012
lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
I love kitties :) All you other cat lovers, tell me about yours! I have a 12 year old american shorthair named Kimmy and a 5 month old tabby kitten named Jack.

Please no mean comments from cat haters. Let us love kittehs in peace.

Replies

• Presleyforpresident
    Options
    my cat's sitting on my chest restricting my breathing right now. her nose is in my ear and she smells like dust.
    yup
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have a 13 year old domestic long hair. His name is Iggy and he is my best buddy. I don't think you know love until your loved by a kitty :heart:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My cat is Toby. He's so cute and has a teeny meow. He's licking all of his fur off, though.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My cat is Toby. He's so cute and has a teeny meow. He's licking all of his fur off, though.
    I guess I have to chime in here. What food does he eat? Licking to the point of losing fur usually points to a food allergy. Look for a high quality food with no wheat, corn, by products, or fillers. Also, chicken and beef can be allergens. There are lots of good foods available.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Aww... can I be a crazy cat person without a cat? Had an awesome cat for 17 years who ran away 6 years ago, most likely to me moving somewhere with dogs. :( The only possible upside to that story is I didn't have to suffer through her dying. Please don't hate me for being a bad cat owner.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    And since I chimed i....
    I guess my username says it pretty well that I'm a crazy cat lady. I have 4 cats. Chloe is 17. Her picture is in my ticker. She was diagnosed with small cell gastrointestinal cancer over a year ago, but she is doing great! Katie is my tabby. She's a scaredy cat but such a momma's girl. Misha is my calico. She is blind from a fungal infection. I found her wanering around my parking lot in 2005, starving and almost dead. So I took her to the vet and then home. She's really loud, and I'm convinced she's using sonar. Farrell (otherwise known as Farelyn Monroe because she has a beauty mark above her lip) is my kitten. I found her hanging around my patio this summer. She was feral (hence the name) and only about 8 weeks old. I tamed her and tricked her into a crate so I could take her to the vet. She has turned into the sweetest, cuddliest cat of all! But I have a LOT of cat fur flying around!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Have three plus two piggies
    Wraith is my blue eyed luv bug, Punk is my tortie with attitude, and Keesa is an orange tabby who is Wraiths 3/4 sibling.
    I'll let you figure that one out!
    Photos on my profile page.
  • Weeble2005
    Weeble2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    DEE KITTAH!
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Aww... can I be a crazy cat person without a cat? Had an awesome cat for 17 years who ran away 6 years ago, most likely to me moving somewhere with dogs. :( The only possible upside to that story is I didn't have to suffer through her dying. Please don't hate me for being a bad cat owner.

You most definitely can be a CCL with us! Once a crazy cat lady always a crazy cat lady <3 and I'm so sorry about your kitty. If my kitty ever ran away or died I would need truama counseling.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I have two kitties that I adore so much.

First one is Charlie, he's a male almost 3 years old. He is the most lovable furry four legged creature you will ever meet. I might be biased, but I have a friend who HATES cats but after spending time with Charlie decided they weren't too bad. She even ended up adopting one of her own. He was found inside a dumpster with his brothers and sisters. Covered in fleas and not likely to make it. He was also the runt of his litter, which is funny because he is no small kitty. He isn't fat but he's a good 18 pounds. You can tell he was taken from his mommy too soon because he often will jump on me and suck and "make dough" on my clothes. I have one blanket that he decided was his forever and always, he literally will drag it around the house. When I moved (drove) from CT to WA he wasn't okay unless that blanket was with him. He also loves water. He will jump in the tub with me, and he runs into the bathroom anytime he thinks I'm going that way to play in the faucet. He knows when I first get up in the morning and as soon as I get home if he runs into the bathroom that faucet will turn on! At my old apartment he actually learned how to turn on the faucet. He loves to spoon, he likes being the little spoon but if he's hot he would water be the big spoon.

The other kitty is a girl, also almost 3 years old, named Bailey. I adopted them at the same time but they are not siblings. Bailey is a gray siamese mix kitty with piercing blue eyes. Her mom was feral and was caught when she was noticed to be pregnant. The lady that brought her in had to keep her in a giant cage (it was like the size of a bedroom, no lie) otherwise she would rip everything and everyone apart. Bailey was nicknamed "Jane" before i adopted her because she climbed EVERYTHING like Jane from Tarzan. Or I guess like Tarzan, not Jane lol. She is very vocal and talks back to you if you talk to her. I sometimes think she knows exactly what I am saying, but, then again, I'm a crazy cat lady. This past summer after I moved she got out, both Charlie and Bailey are indoor kitties. She was missing for 8 days. I was a mess the whole time thinking she was gone forever. New place, never been outside, lots of wild life around. But she came back! The whole time she was gone Charlie would just sit by the door and cry. It was the saddest thing. Then the night she returned I heard him chirping and scratching at the window, ran out of bed to see her standing there yelling back at Charlie. I swear she was like "Dude, open this flipping door, you jerk!" I forgot how vocal she was until she was gone and came back lol. She also likes to sleep on me, on my hip, on my face, on my arms. Mostly on my face. But she needs to be on me. And she is the type of cat that will lay down, get up do some turns, lay back down, stand up...etc...all while yelling at me like I'm not comfortable enough lol. She is awesome.

I love my kitties.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

I'm sorry :(. When Bailey was missing I cried every day. I still sometimes cry looking at her thinking she was so close to being gone. It sucks. You aren't a bad cat owner.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    In June I lost my girl Maddie. She was only 8 years old and passed away from an aggressive fibrosarcoma. :( I miss her so much. This month I took in a stray kitten that was hanging around my garage and porch. It took awhile for her to come to me, but after two weeks she finally introduced herself. Once I took her in I couldn't put her back out even though I wasn't sure I was ready for another cat. It's been two weeks and I'm really smitten with her. Settled on the name Sylvie. She's doing great and is very healthy after getting her vaccinations and dewormer from the vet. Her big brother is named Big Red and he's around 12-13 years old. When I adopted him he was an adult so the age is really just an estimate. I also have a dog I adopted last year, her name is Mhari. They all get along really well. Mhari is trying Mother Sylvie which is really, really cute! I love my kids!

Big Red - Tabby 12-13 years, Maddie (in loving memory) - Calico 8 years, Mhari - Austrailian Cattle Dog mix 6 years and Sylvie - Tuxedo 6 months. All were rescues! :)
  • KageyKat
    Options
    Can you tell I'm a cat person by my name, lol..my sweet girl is Missy.. Lost my best bud Tigger a few years ago.
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You have never been truly loved, until you have been loved by a rescued black cat!!! I love my black beauties...Johnny Cash and Storin! :heart:
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My cat's name is Sophie. She 9 years old, short black hair, and golden eyes. I saved her from the shelter when she was 4 months old, they said they just found her wondering the streets. I often wonder about her mother and siblings and what happened to them. She likes to lay right in front of me when I'm exercising, drink out of the bathroom faucet, play hide and seek with me, eat grass, lay under my lilac bush, take naps above the fride and below the bed, and play with strings. She doesn't like her feet touched, people besides me or my mom, other cats, going to the vet, and cat treats. I love her so much! She is just like a daughter to me, well a fur-daughter :)

Then I live with Sam, which is my moms cat. He's almost 5 and is black and white. He's the most annoying cat ever and I can't help but feel bad about that lol. He attacks other cats, only wants canned cat food, and always has to be right up on you.

Then last but not least my outside cats my mom and I feed. There's Floppy, Moo-Moo, Skinny, Banana, Sunny, and Baby.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My cat is gray and his name is Kozmo, but for some reason unbeknownst to me or my family we call him Patrick or Patty. xD He's about 4 years old and he's my baby :)
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    I guess I have to chime in here. What food does he eat? Licking to the point of losing fur usually points to a food allergy. Look for a high quality food with no wheat, corn, by products, or fillers. Also, chicken and beef can be allergens. There are lots of good foods available.
    Fish can also be an allergen (and is in most cat food). My cat Sweetums has an allergy to fish.
  • Brandi0418
    Options
    I have four cats. All adopted from Humane Society. Two boys and two girls. Each of them has personality I absolutely adore. They are my life. Definate cat lover here :heart:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    It's raining and both of my babies are curled up in my bed....

They're cuddling!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    <- This is my baby, his name is Mao.