Crazy Cat People Only!

Options

Replies

• LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Meow Meow!!

I love my kittens (they are full grown, but I still call them kittens)

My husband and I have Mitzi and Rita. They are sisters, but look and act completely different. They are both extreemly talkative. Mitzi is all white with a black tail and a black hat on her head. She is very cat like, a hunter, and purrs like it was her job. You just have to get close and she starts purring. Then there's Rita. Rita is multicolored and CRAZY. She's like a dog, she loves to fetch. comes when we call her, and loves being held like a baby. Here are some photos:

Here are the sisters loving eachother:
    231100_504399388812_1837401_n_zps26a88a8c.jpg

Mitzi with my idol:
    IMG_0651_zps95fde335.jpg

Rita and I snuggling:
    Photoon2012-04-01at2049_zpsb1460664.jpg

This is me with our cat that we lost a few years ago (his name was Kitty- creative, I know)
    DSC_6927_zps94c7f278.jpg

When he passed we got this memorial tattoo. He was always fancy in his tux:
    cd4973fc.jpg
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have 4 but 2 do not live with me.
    Peanut
    Smokey
    Flower
    Chesapeake

LOVE them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • turkkm
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your cat stories everyone! :flowerforyou:

I have a female gray tabby short hair, so sweet! I got her from Rescue Village 1 year ago and her name is Sammy. My little grandaughter can't say her s's and calls her Hammy. She is friendly with everyone and never scracthes my 20 month old grandaughter, who antagonizes her constantly!
    :laugh:
  • gerimom17
    gerimom17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think if you had the cat for 17 years, i did not run away so much as it probably went away to die. We have had a couple of ours do that. So, you are not a bad cat owner.
  • PJtwo
    PJtwo Posts: 11
    Options
    I love kitties too, I had to put mine down Wednesday, she was roughly fifteen years old, she adopted us when she was somewhere around 2years old (per vet), She was a Russian Blue. She started going down hill for a little while, then Tuesday she started acting funny and her back end kind of went out. She was starting to suffer so I took her to the vet.

I have had cats all my life, they are so cuddly and kind of self sufficient. I had a beautiful white kitty with black blotches and she looked like a cow. we called her heifer. She was hit in the road about a year ago. so sad. my next kitties will be indoor kitties only.

So of course I am thinking of adopting two more soon.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have a huge, evil black cat with wicked yellow eyes. If Satan himself took a *kitten*, and that *kitten* sprouted fur and claws, that would be her. I take care of her so that when she conquers humanity, she will remember my years of loyal service and ensure that my death will be quick and painless.

I call her Elphaba, after the Wicked Witch of the West.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have a new kitten, sweet little thing. Sleeping in my lap right now.
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Meow Meow!!

I love my kittens (they are full grown, but I still call them kittens)

My husband and I have Mitzi and Rita. They are sisters, but look and act completely different. They are both extreemly talkative. Mitzi is all white with a black tail and a black hat on her head. She is very cat like, a hunter, and purrs like it was her job. You just have to get close and she starts purring. Then there's Rita. Rita is multicolored and CRAZY. She's like a dog, she loves to fetch. comes when we call her, and loves being held like a baby. Here are some photos:

Here are the sisters loving eachother:
    231100_504399388812_1837401_n_zps26a88a8c.jpg

Mitzi with my idol:
    IMG_0651_zps95fde335.jpg

Rita and I snuggling:
    Photoon2012-04-01at2049_zpsb1460664.jpg

This is me with our cat that we lost a few years ago (his name was Kitty- creative, I know)
    DSC_6927_zps94c7f278.jpg

When he passed we got this memorial tattoo. He was always fancy in his tux:
    cd4973fc.jpg

Love the tat!!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    my baby's name is Dustball. She is a moody bish, but I love her more than anything. She is a chunky fluffy little thing who has a weird tendency to gnaw on my when I pet her a night. No idea why... she has been doing it since she was a tiny tiny kitten.

Then I am babysitting my old roommates kitty for this semester while she is in the dorms. Her name is Kitsune. She is freaking beautiful but creepy. Creepy creepy cat. She will stand in the corner staring at the wall. She does this thing that I call "platypussing" because it reminds me of Peryy the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb. Kitsune also like to stand in dark hallways and just watch you. I am telling you... creepy cat.

Both of the kitties were craigslist kitties and I am pretty sure they were mistreated. We were told that they were 8 weeks when we got them but I doubt it. They looked more like 3 or 4 weeks tops. Since I am insane and worry about them at every moment they don't go outside. The few times I let them into the back yard they do a funny little army crawl and run back inside and just watch.
  • Absref71
    Absref71 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My cats are slightly mad!! The little girl wakes up with nightmares crying and wont go back to sleep without your hand on her and my boy likes to sit with his paws around me giving hugs, very cute!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm a cat lady. I have 2 fur babies. One is a 16 year old, 6 pound, black short hair female with huge gold eyes who is absolutely beautiful, but *****y as hell. LOL I love her with all my heart, though. She's got health issues (irritable bowel disease, hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, cataracts, etc) and costs me a sh!tload in vet bills ands meds, but she's my baby, and she's worth it!!!

Then there's my 7 year old, 22 pound orange and white male Maine coon. He is the sweetest cat in the world, and I swear he thinks he's a dog! He has the cutest little trill meow and snuggles under the covers with us at night. This cat does not have a mean bone in his body and is always so offended when the other one is so mean to him. Watching the 2 of them together is hours of entertainment for us!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We have 3 cats currently. The senior citizen (16 on October 7) is Mookie, 25lbs of love. He is white with black spots. He is one of the great loves of my life-I call him my first son.. His sister died two years ago of cancer and it was devastating I hope he has a few more years. Anyway, he is sweet-natured and tolerant of babies and kittens. Loves my lap.

We also have two rescues we adopted as kittens two years ago. Romilly (Milly) is a gorgeous teeny calico. She was a failure to thrive baby and almost didn't make it so she weighs 4.5 lbs as an adult. She is a little shy and loves to hunt/stalk things around the house (oh, how she loves when a moth gets into the house). When she decides to allow you the honor of bestowing her affections, you feel very special indeed. She is very bright and can open closed doors.

Finally, we have the brat, McCartney (Mac). He is mischievous with humans and other cats. Easiest to make purr but also likely to nip you when he gets excited. He is white with black/gray tabby spots, including a perfect heart on his back. The talker of the family and dumb as a box of rocks (he is! But we still love him!). Once he settles down, he loves laps too...and Angry Birds on my tablet.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Right now I have an even dozen. The most I ever had was 18 and the least was two. All my cats are rescues- either from the shelter or from my vet. They stay inside because they are healthier and safer inside. They are all fixed, get annual vaccinations, and all medical care they need so you can't call me a hoarder. I have a dozen litter boxes and I clean them every day. People don't realize I have so many cats when they visit, since about half of them are very timid around other people. I cannot imagine life with out cats in it. My oldest right now is twelve, and the youngest is almost a year. The last two, actually now that I think about it, aren't from the shelter or vet. They adopted me. Romeo sat on my porch all winter two winters ago and cried at the window to be let in. I thought it was my new neighbor's cat, since they are identical. But one day I looked out and realized I was seeing double. So he came in. He is a big dark brown tabby. The baby of the family crawled under my porch, part of which is under my bedroom, and cried and cried. So I let him come in. His name is Swoosh, since he is yellow tabby with white including a white Nike swoosh on his back. Then I have Willy, Jay, Cobweb, Isabella, Insta-purr, Geronimo, Brave Heart, Little Girl, Bridgette (found on a bridge) and Spirit. Four of them were babies that were brought to my vet, and she wasn't set up to bottle feed overnight, so she asked me to "foster" them. After bottle feeding these tiny babies, there is no way I could give them up. Bridgette is still pretty feral- once a day she wants pet for about a minute, but the rest of the day she sits just out of reach and watches what everyone is doing. She is now four, so I don't think she will outgrow it. But whatever room I am in, she is in. I love my cats.

I also have three rescue dogs.

Many more cats and dogs have come to my house through various means and now have permanent homes elsewhere. I try to find homes for as many as I can. Some have stolen my heart and I won't ever part with. Right now I am still looking for a home for one dog. Her owner had health problems and was homeless so she needed a new place to live. She is a chocolate lab mix, and really sweet. My old dog just cannot deal with a new dog in the house, so that is why I am looking for another home for her.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    George.jpg

Georgina is beautiful!
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Last April we had to put our beloved Simba down due to a huge feline sarcoma. It was a very sad day and I miss him very much. To this day I still see and hear him around the house. Seeing all of your precious kitties makes me want to get another. Thanks for sharing.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm going to attempt to post pictures of my babies....

This is Charlie this past summer, when Bailey was missing. He did this all day long. Waiting, meowing...

338895_553425335694_2062782213_o.jpg

This is Bailey, the day she returned home after 8 days!
    552477_553619112364_161637083_n.jpg

Better picture of Charlie,you can really see what he looks like here.

181087_551788236454_1591262486_n.jpg

And them as kittens, this was the day Bailey came home. I had Charlie for a week already at this point. They still cuddle like crazy. And that blanket they are on is the blanket Charlie likes to drag all over the place. Most people don't believe me until they see him do it.

10956_511918001724_330725_n.jpg
  • shortnerdy
    Options
    Katy, always a lady crosses her paw all the time :)

148776_10150980165418714_909180060_n_zps99e8ba1e.jpg
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My male cat, Oscar, likes to play with a tennis ball. It's hilarious to see him carry it around, since it's almost the size of his head lol. I haven't been able to snap a pic of him doing it yet though... Anybody else's cat think it's a dog? :tongue:
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have three! a 5yr old black and white american short hair named Ebby, a 3 yr old grey tabby named Bella (Isabella.. and NO not because of twilight lol) and a 1 yr old orange tabby named Charlie.
  • altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 month old DMH Tuxedo named Luna. She's so adorable ^_^ She was found in a car engine and we rescued her at 5 weeks old :3