How do you guys consistently track you food?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LexRaven
    LexRaven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my blackberry, and my playbook, tab pinned on google chrome on work pc and my laptop, can't really escape it so it reminds me to log everything. I plan my days and take food with me to work, the bakery is just round the corner so best NOT to risk temptation!

Blackberry Nation!!! :happy:

Had to nerd out. Sorry.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    pre logging :) i dont eat until its logged! and i use my iphone so mfp is always with me ^^
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I carry my iPad with me and log as soon as I eat. One thing I discovered after being on MFP a few months is that it really does help to plan and prelog. That way I can make changes if necessary to stay at 1200 or below.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Yep! Log it as I eat it or I won't remember what I ate! My memory is terrible!!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mobile app 99% of the time. Scan, beep, it's in.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I plan everything out in the morning, pre-log it, and make sure I eat it. Otherwise, my macros will likely be completely off, I'll forget to eat, or I'll forget to log something.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    get a dry erase board for your fridge and write everything down, use your phone, keep a note pad...i could never forget
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything and have the apps on my phone/Touch in case I go off plan while I'm out.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I usually log before or if not after eating
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I log while eating or right after, I have the app on my phone and my kindle, plus I log in on the computer if I am near one.

^^^ This. Except I don't have a Kindle or other pad-type device. My iPhone and PC. And always while or immediately after I eat, if possible.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I log it as I make it...BEFORE I eat any.
    I take my lunch everyday...so while I'm making my breakfast..I am also doing lunch, and logging it.
    If I somehow end up eating out...I just try to find it in the database beforehand.
    I also have the app on my phone..so it makes it much easier to log!
  • Kate964
    Kate964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i also pre -log the night before, then pack my lunch accordingly, make sure my breakfast and dinner stuff is on hand so i do not have to improvise and when i add something the next day or do not eat something i update my food diary. it is easier to remember a few changes then a whole day.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I prepare everything in the morning and I make sure all my meals are divided, measured and weighed... then i log it when im done that way I dont have to worry about logging later but i can always remove anything i dont eat. If i have something after work i log it then. Weekends are the only time i log as i eat.
  • daringstoic
    Options
    My borderline OCD nature helps a lot. It drives me to keep an accurate accounting of what I eat. I'm constantly logging things on the mobile app. My Droid was broken for several weeks and I had to switch to an old blackberry back in the spring and I found it much harder to keep a record when I had to wait until I got home to log things on the computer.