Binge meals that you used to think was normal

Options

Replies

• Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    {[I used to get a thing of double stuffed oreos and sit on my couch eating most of the package...milk in hand...omg that sounds so good right now!]

^^^^This all the time, I never would count how many I ate, Mcdonald breakfast all the time! Chinese food, love the crab rangoon. baked nestle chocolate chip cookies, just to name a few...
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A multi-serving bag of Tostito's and a jar of ranch dip. Mmmm. Or a box of club crackers and half a pound of cheese. These are things that I do NOT ever have in the house, for obvious reasons.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'd often make meals from scratch, except make the portion sizes far too large. E.g. spaghetti bolognese: I'd eat 100g (dry weight) of pasta, half a bag of mince to myself, put about 50g of cheese on top and eat it with half a garlic baguette. Never bat an eyelid about it. These days, I make the exact same meal, except I use 60-70g of spaghetti, 1/6th of a bag of mince, usually no cheese on top but if I indulge I use 15g MAX, and I never eat it with garlic bread.

When I ordered a domino's pizza, I'd eat a medium pizza, an entire box of mozzarella sticks, and an entire box of domino's cookies all to myself. These days the absolute most I ever eat from there is an individual size pizza, one or two mozzarella sticks and one cookie.

When I ordered chinese me and my boyfriend would get about 6 or 7 things to share. Usually a portion of chow mein, fried rice, tofu, egg fu yung, spring rolls, deep fried mushroom balls and a bag of chips. We'd manage to eat it all just between us two. These days we can barely finish a portion of chips, a portion of chow mein and a portion of tofu between us.

The snacking in the evenings always got me, too. Even if I'd had a relatively healthy day, I'd go and spoil it by eating half a packet of chocolate digestives, or an entire fry's turkish delight with a whole kinder bueno and a bag of revels. Nowadays I snack on fruit, low fat frozen yoghurt or other low calorie snacks.
  • InHisTime48
    InHisTime48 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd start off with a 4 pack of chocolate bars, followed closely by a large bag of sour cream and onion chips, and finish with a large McD's flurry, extra caramel and oreo cookie crunch - WOW what a sugar rush!! LOL...
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    On the drive home from work i would stop for macdonalds and grab 20 nuggets, not too bad I suppose. Then I would get home and eat tea with the other half. Not a mention of the stop off.

I have also been good and bought a 6 pack of the baked chili crisps, only to eat the lot. Plus lots of the other things seen in this thread.....
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    I used to get a medium 10pc nugget plus a double hamburger at McDonald's.

I also used to be able to eat miso soup, salad, appetizers, and between 4 and 8 special rolls at my local sushi place in one sitting. That's a lot!

^Both of those were when I was actually fit and skinny. Weird. I can't eat close to that much of either anymore, not that I even eat McD's anymore lol.
  • staygoldeast
    Options
    Oh, and fish finger butties ( Warburtons bread) .Every Saturday morning I'd eat 10 fish fingers and four/ six rounds of bread and think It was normal !

Fish finger butties. I know those only too well ha ha
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sigh. One of my (unfortunate) favorite binge meals was:

McDonald's-
    2 large fries
    20 piece chicken nugget with bbq sauce
    2 double cheese burgers
    2 apple pies

Umm yeah. And this is why I began my journey last year weighing over 300 pounds :ohwell:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    For the record, I never thought that this was a normal calorie consumption in one sitting, but once it was in front of my face I could just put it away no problem. I had two favorite, favorite meals that I haven't had in almost 10 months since seriously starting dieting.

This is semi-shameful because homegirl can eat.

1) 1 Large Thin Crust, Light Sauce, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza with Green Peppers and like 4 of those little garlic butter cups from Papa Johns. Generally consumed with a 2 liter of coke, and probably a slice or three of my friends supreme pizza.

2) Chinese Buffet - 1 plate of sushi, 1 plate of mixed hot foods, 1 plate of seafood, 1 plate of dessert. And the plates were full to the brim.

I can't even fathom eating this way anymore, I get stuffed much more easily.
  • katieyarwood
    Options
    I would be a sucker for a tub of ben and jerrys, a tube of sour cream and onion pringles and then a huge 1k of fruit and nut (blush) and that would be a snack after dinner which was usually a massive bowl of pasta!

I must of eaten circa 5000 kcal a day! jesus thats alot.

sometimes i would eat some aero yoggies, peanut butter and jam sandwiches with that also.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    4 Krispy Kremes... I struggle with more than one now!

Oh definitely. I don't even try one as one is never enough
  • SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh, many of these things I have done.
    But I also would eat the medium size tub of movie theater buttered popcorn by myself (usually half way down by the time the credits started) and be sick the entire day because of it.
  • Gatominx
    Gatominx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just read through all this, so hungry now! But glad to know there are others out there like me!
  • doodles80
    Options
    Emotional eater alert.

After rowing with my husband I'd go to McDonald's and have a spite meal...

Large quarter pounder meal and two double cheeseburgers with a milkshake... :-/
  • Stevensno
    Options
    Oh, and fish finger butties ( Warburtons bread) .Every Saturday morning I'd eat 10 fish fingers and four/ six rounds of bread and think It was normal !

Fish finger butties. I know those only too well ha ha

Ah yes, but the big question is....HP Sauce or Ketchup ?
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ~1500 calories worth of alcohol, on average three nights a week... And topping that off with a Big Mac or something similar on my way home.
    ~1500 calories worth of pasta with some empty calorie sauce. I figured that if I just ate enough of it I would get full and that it somehow would be healthy. Try "fat" instead.
    I wold also basically inhale a 200g bag of chips in like 30 minutes. Several days a week.

Really, it seems like no surprise now, but I was seriously baffled as to why I had gained so much weight "all of a sudden"
  • amandamaedchen
    Options
    The kickin' chicken sandwich meal at Zaxby's.
    Altogether, it's 1400+ calories! And that was just lunch!
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    a Whole box of Kraft dinner... to myself.
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Family pack of peanut M & M's and ++ buttered popcorn with diet coke...while watching a movie
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The Chinese buffet.
    Holy mother of...it was horrible.
    'It's only chicken and vegetables, it had to be good for you!'
    Chicken rolled in carbs and saturated with oil!

Also Sam's club pizza. I found a misleading article online that said one piece was about 500 calories.
    No...Sam's gives you two servings every time.
    I can use 75% of my calories for the day on that slice of pizza.
    Course I'll probably pass out from the thousands of mgs of sodium (not literally but I do get an awful headache. )