To All The Parents Out There

Options

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My son is 2, and it's all about making time for yourself (I get up at 3:45 am to work out every day).
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Thank you.

I don't know what the other bashing thread is about (haven't read it) but the best benefits to me taking charge of my own health are being proud of my little 3 year old foodie, who chooses any kind of fish/shrimp over toddler food, tries everything I put in front of him even if he says he doesn't like it, and asks to play outside every night!

I'm not only making myself healthy, but I'm building on his future health, too.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't have any children, but I can only imagine the hard work and dedication it must take to be a parent and keeping up with your diet and workouts on a consistent basis

This! You all are beautiful inspirations. ♥
  • Kristin444
    Options
    Great post - very nice.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great post. I think working out makes me a better parent, I feel better and thus am more patient plus I set a good example. It's hard but the alternative - just letting yourself go- isn't an alternative in my book.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    I heart you!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Anyone can do it when they rate it high on their priority list :) Momma to three here and I work out six days a week for an hour ... once I put the littles to bed :)
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Very well said and very well deserved by all of you raising kids and still improving your own health and well being! My son is grown but we were active as he was growing up but I never took time out for just me. Hardly ever. Kudos to all of you that are teaching your kids the right way to do life! :flowerforyou:
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were working out a couple of weeks ago, and my 5 year old daughter decided to join us. She was a little in the way, but I was so happy she was interested in our workout. So I let her stay. Half way through the workout, my husband and I were huffing and puffing, and she says, "This is sooo easy!" She makes me smile!!
  • christyd4
    Options
    Very nice post! As a single mom it's hard work but the rewards far outweigh what you give up.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hear! Hear!

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 2 little girls here. Thank you for the post!! You made my day!!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Momma of 4 (ages 15-6)...wife for 16 years (almost 17) full time job as a social worker...working with young adults......
    It's just one day at a time.....do the best you can and it can happen!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    In some ways having children can make you motivated. I knew that if I carried on the way I was I would be unlikely to see my youngest finish primary school let alone grow up and get married etc. The school run is also a great way of getting exercise in and you HAVeE to it.

But yes it is difficult to try and fit thing in and thank you for the great post.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Love you and this thread!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym while my Son is at football practice, both of us becoming healthy by Exercise!

We will be coming home today with a good hearty homemade meal from the crock pot!

Can't wait!!!
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I have found that I have more energy for my kids and my household when I take care of me!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    LIKES!!!:drinker: :love: :happy:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such a postivite post! :flowerforyou:

I took my kids (ages 3 and 4) on their first 5k this weekend. They had a great time! I think it's awesome to see so many parents getting their children active and involved in making good choices at a young age!

Kudos to all the amazing parents out there!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Darlin'!

Parents or not, we have to make decisions on how to use the 24 hours allotted to us each day. For some, finding balance is hard. I'm blessed with a wonderfully supportive hubby. Without him my 5 kids would be "those kids" that run wild and have dirty hair!! LOL Not really. But, without his help, I'd have a hard time doing what I do.