Help me speed up my metabolism!

Options
Okay so I don't eat much. Or very often. And my metabolism is dead.
Please give me some tips and advice, despite the fact that I can't eat a lot?
Thanks!
Maybe a list of foods or other random tips?

Replies

• karolinehaskell
    Options
    I would like to know this as well.
    I am recovering from an eating disorder and need my metabolism sped up.
    From what I know 5-6 small meals a day and exercise helps some...but you will probably gain before losing.
    HTH
    xx
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    i've been able to help my metabolism by eating more often throughout the day. i messed mine up when i would eat nothing for 24 hours and then just eat some dinner. it doesnt have to be high calories foods, it could be fruits/veggies or maybe a low-cal smoothie or some yogurt, just something to keep it going. trust me it does help
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    if you need more adivce you can message me:)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Editing:

You need to eat more.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Eat more and move more
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You will have to find the cause of your problems. Metabolism is controlled by your hormones. At your age, if you have a slow metabolism, its likely caused from not eating enough. And judging from the picture, you don't have an issue with a slow metabolism. It sounds more like you have a psychological issue with food. If you have an eating disorder, you need to get yourself checked out by a doctor, and not a bunch of people online. Good luck.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree with cacrat.

Completely.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am recovering from an ED as well and to fix your metabolism you have to eat more. So go see a dietician and get a meal plan is what I suggest. You also look scary thin and will probably need to gain some weight :) Message me with questions.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE

Regularly

That will do it.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Exercise increases metabolism and will also help you to feel more hungry so that you can eat more. If your issue is that you are just not hungry enough, getting in some time at the gym will definitely help.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Please eat more
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Eat more and move more

THIS eat healthier not less, and MOVE MORE...... all day every day :)
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    Eat smaller meals more often...... Count your calories and vary it from day to day ie: 1100 Cal one day then 1300 then 1000 then 1400 ect. Make sure you are eating clean. Give your body lots of nutrients.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat more and move more

^ This is how you do it.
  • ShirleyKwi
    ShirleyKwi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat smaller meals more often...... Count your calories and vary it from day to day ie: 1100 Cal one day then 1300 then 1000 then 1400 ect. Make sure you are eating clean. Give your body lots of nutrients.

# and size of meals will have no impact on metabolism. It is the calories throughout the day, or over a couple days, and the amount you move.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise
    2. Add muscle
    3. Small meals throughout the day
    4. Get plenty of protein
    5. Walk after meals
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Google "metabolic reset". You may find several different methods, but what they all have in common is making sure that you eat enough. It doesn't matter at all when you eat, but if you're eating too little, your metabolism will slow down in order for your body to maintain homeostasis on a small amount of food.

Small meals throughout the day is just one dietary strategy that people use because it works for them. Your body doesn't give a crap when you eat, as long as you're getting enough.
  • langecornu
    langecornu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There are supplement like Biotin but it needs to be taken with precaution. I believe you need to break your routine. If you only barely eat your 1200 cals, maybe you need to jump it up a notch for few days, I know it sound silly but it does work.

Exercise on regular basis and eat something before exercising would definitely help
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    Editing:

You need to eat more.

^^^agree