Facebook sucks so I'm checking this out

Options
124»

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I learned from the facebook thread on here today that people hate successful facebook friends.
    [/quote]

THIS^ While i am very lucky to have some supportive friends.. some (even some on here) get pissed that you are getting healthy. Not my fault they wont get off their rump roast!!!
  • itcouldbeme
    Options
    Does the topless vibe work for both sexes ?

^^^ LOL
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I never mention health and fitness on Facebook. People either don't want to know, are jealous of any progress and too lazy to do it themselves, or they will attempt to derail you.

It is important here to get quality friends who support you and you can support. I have an amazing group of friends on here. I really couldn't have come this far without them. 42lb and 88" gone since 31st March. MFP IS the place to be.

I wish you all the very best.
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Hehehe, this is probably a more welcoming place to be shirtless than Facebook :).

I am new here and to dieting, getting lots of tips and advice so that is good!

Feel free to friend me up if you like. Good luck to you!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your fb friends... Seriously, as soon as I'm able to be shirtless, I will be. All.the.time. I won't get to be quite* as shirtless as you, but you get the point.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for good support for fitness and being healthy with a dash of humor, this is the place to be. Friend me if you wish.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My FB friends poked fun at me because the only posts I make on there is when I go to the gym. LOL
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am basically stepping off Facebook because 1) my friends don't want to see me with my shirt off and 2) they just aren't supportive. So, I'm checking out MFP to see what it's like. Hope to help some people, make some supportive friends and get some encouragement back in return.

Send me a friend request if interested. I don't know how much I'll be on here....but I'm gonna do my best.

i get support on facebook from a few of my friends but not everyone...i get alot more support through here. welcome! and i agree, if you want to show it off......show it off, you have earned that!!
  • melpop8
    melpop8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yeah i check facebook for approx. 30 seconds a day... i see how my friends are hating life and log off...bores-ville.

so so true! FB offers me nothing, here, i offer support and get support, perfect!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am happy to see you with your shirt off. :drinker:
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    Let's put it this way..MFP is the only place I can discuss my weight and receive absolutely no judgement.calls. It helps that everyone here is in the same boat, that is trying to improve their health.

Couldn't have said it better myself! And your friends on FB who don't want to see you shirtless are obviously jealous :bigsmile:
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I happen to appreciate shirtless photos. I think I speak for most women when I say that.

Be careful what you ask for ... I might end up posting a picture of me shirtless one day ... and I'm not at the after stage. :bigsmile:

You wont do it chicken.

shirtless_zps06c84c33.jpg
  • Katydone
    Options
    A bump is like a cheer or attaboy
  • Katydone
    Options
    Bump...took guts to post....
  • KatGalr
    Options
    Feel free to add me.